PDA

View Full Version : Tiny Steps

Sandygal
06-26-2006, 10:05 PM
Took another tiny step today. I bought some clear nail polish last night and put it on. I could even feel my heart beating with excitement as I applied it. I worked all day with it on. I know, it was clear, but very shiny! I kept looking at my fingers all day and kept wondering if anybody else noticed. To feel this way with just some polish, to dress and go shopping is a ways off. Might give myself a stroke. HAHA! It was the first thing I have ever done that was visible to others. Did the rest of you start slowly or did you just go for it?
Bye for now
Sandy

Dee 1062
06-26-2006, 10:14 PM
You go girl...
Myself was a slow go...One day at a time and One thing at a time....Now I work and go everywhere with my ear rings in, My clear on my nails, which by the way are getting long....and sometimes I even wear a light pink or light red lipstick...http://www.thecrystalclub.org/images/girlboy.gif

Karren H
06-26-2006, 10:25 PM
Slow is ood but you will find that it will take off exponentionally!!! LOL

Love Karren

Rickie
06-26-2006, 10:30 PM
Since I've started just a few weeks ago. I have taken it slow. Not because I want to but do to finances. I have relatives coming this week. Which takes cash. And my daughter and grandson will be here in Aug.. And god can that girl spend my money.

I do believe this is a good thing. I have a tenancy to jump neck deep in to things without thinking.

:hugs:
Rickie

Marla S
06-27-2006, 12:09 AM
I have clear nail polish on since a few weeks. Nobody, including mom and friends, said something so far, though I think some find it strange.
Another step was yesterday.
I bought new glasses with full eye-makeup on.
Can someone look deeper into your eyes than an optician ? :D

Phyliss
06-27-2006, 03:25 AM
Sandygal, from a person, who two years ago, only dreamed about the things I've done. You're on the right road, SLOW and steady does it.
The first time I bought clear polish I almost fainted from being so nervous. I still find myself looking at my fingers while at work.
Keep it up and soon enough buying clear polish will be easy.

Then comes the next step, clear mascara.

JoAnnDallas
06-27-2006, 08:21 AM
Last year I got my wife to let me get acrylic nails, since I always have had really bad nails. I also would put clear polish/harder on them too. I have had very good response to my nails, even from GG's. One even said that the top coat (Clear polish) made them look even better. Occasionally I will even wear lipstick that is almost the same color as my natural lip color. Still no one notices.

One day I even went as far as to wear panties, pantyhose, bra, ladies slacks, ladies T-Shirt, ladies running shoes(without socks), and my flesh colored lipstick to Krogers on day. Not only did no one noticed, but I got called "Sir". Here I was all enfemm clothingwise, but no one noticed. LOL

melissacd
06-27-2006, 08:30 AM
I agree that it can be a slow process at the beginning. It starts to pick up as you build your confidence. Take the size of steps that feel most comfortable to you and you will move in a positive direction and get there when you are ready.

GabrielleS
06-27-2006, 08:47 AM
I gotta say the slow way works -- working for me also. Like you Sandy, started with clear nail polish -- like you say -- wonderful feeling. Didn't get much work done that day though; kept looking at the nails and wondering if anyone else noticed!

Phyliss, like the idea of clear mascara.....will have to try that as well......

What do the rest of you girls think should be next?

Sandy, what do YOU think????

Hugs and kisses,

JoAnnDallas
06-27-2006, 09:14 AM
Debbie, you could start wearing panties and camo under you male clothing to work. I do this and it really feels great, knowing that I am fem under my clothing.

Sandygal
06-27-2006, 02:44 PM
Gosh Debbie....I haven't a clue. When I figure it out, I'll let you all know. I think shaving my chest and legs are next or do I want to get a wig? Decisions! Decisions!.....TaTa for now...Sandy

Deanna2
06-27-2006, 04:13 PM
Why not paint your toenails with coloured polish - say pink?

Sarah Rabbit
06-27-2006, 05:06 PM
As I would not pass well.. I have a tendency to avoid taking steps, as that would be a 'Tease' for me. but I wish you well in your endeavours
:hugs:

Sarah R. :bunny:

Scotty
06-28-2006, 12:12 AM
Why not paint your toenails with coloured polish - say pink?

Here's one for you, it's a Petites brand nail polish, 113 Island Smooth - a real nice baby pink - satin type, I bought 3 or 4 colors but this one keeps calling my name, I enjoy walking through the grass with it outside.

2 coats and a coat of clear over top of that and Yum! :) You'll like it !!

DanielleAnne
06-28-2006, 02:44 AM
We all start out in a different way. For me it was wearing a bra and not caring one bit if the straps of the bra shone through or if i projected any.

keep going before too long you will be like the other girls in here and go out dressed and be treated like a woman.

GabrielleS
06-28-2006, 07:45 AM
Hi Girls, guess that I should have been more clear in what I was saying. Thinking about the next visible steps (without freaking me or anyone else out too soon)... makeup and the like. I do wear panties always (love me!), and got my toes painted. I still do like the idea of the clear mascara. Gotta pick so up - maybe tonite I can get to the local Sephora's. Anyone go there?

And thanks for the wonderful ideas and thoughts.

Sandy, how it going with you?????

Hugs and kisses,

Debbie