PDA

View Full Version : Stubble

cindie
06-27-2006, 02:47 PM
Hi all,

Im quite new to make up and i am having trouble hiding my stubble (even after the closest of shaves).

Does anyone have any ideas, as I am preparing for my first outing and want to look my best!!!!!!!!!

Thanks a lot ladies

Cindie:heehee:

christine55
06-27-2006, 03:49 PM
Most use a yellow or orange color under their foundation to camouflage the grey. I use a yellow concealer and a bit of red lipstick blended over the beard area. with just a touch of the red lipstick over my entire face beneath my foundation.
Check the beauty club for other girls methods. Everybody's skin tone, beard thickness, color, skin texture are different. Experiment, experiment, experiment.
Hugs, Christine

tvgirl4fun
06-27-2006, 04:38 PM
Try shaving "twice". Jaie

Tanya K
06-27-2006, 04:42 PM
Try shaven in the shower after u get washed the hot water helps me But I could not grow a real beard if I tried

mskilmer
06-27-2006, 08:24 PM
And whatever you do, after you think you've gotten a nice close shave ... do NOT look at yourself in one of those magnifying mirrors! Hideous!

I use a newish blade and try to shave as close as I can. I know my face isn't as smooth as my SO's, but I haven't had problems going out. Foundation seems to cover pretty well.

Tamara Croft
06-27-2006, 08:29 PM
I use lilac or green concealer to hide Tammys beard shadow. Lilac is used to hide darkness on the skin and green is used to hide redness. But this weekend, I used the green concealer and then Loreal Infallible foundation and then to set the foundation I used Loreal True Match powder. I have to say, it does exactly what it says on the bottle. The product is said to last 16 hours, well we were out all saturday night from about 7pm and didn't get in till hmm... 3am maybe lol!!! But for all that time, the foundation stayed set and no beard shadow crept in :)

My avatar picture is from saturday night, you can see Tammy has no beard shadow at all.

carend_99
06-27-2006, 08:46 PM
I use Ben Nye Beard Cover, it comes in a number of different colors, in my opinion, the more orange the better. Then I follow up with a quality foundation (I use Clinique). To set the makeup, instead of paying a bunch of money for a makeup specific powder, I simply use baby powder. It's a lot cheaper and works just as well in my opinion. Hope this helps.

Caitlintgsd
06-27-2006, 09:00 PM
Dermablend. Or Glamour Boutique has a foundation that'll cover it. They used to have a beard cover but they discontinued carrying it in favor of their new foundation. I wouldn't recommend a liquid foundation as they don't seem to hide shadow IMHO. And powder. I use powder (Clinique) periodically through the evening to touch up and that seems to keep away the narly shadow for me.
http://www.glamourboutique.com/

rachellenicole
06-27-2006, 10:04 PM
Remember, "Cover Girl" does not cover boy!!

cindie
06-28-2006, 10:21 AM
Thanks a lot girls.

Once again your experience and comments is very much appreciated. I hope one day i can pass on some tips!!!!!

Thank you one and all

love

Cindie:heehee:

PS Goodbye stubble

azure
06-28-2006, 10:33 AM
Hi Tamara, whats the brand of the concealer your using, the green one and the lilac one. Im suning boots own brand of makeup at the mo, its ok....actually its cheap n cheerful, I think I'll try that loreal foundation you recommended and the powder. Im going for lazer therapy but its going to be a few months before its complete. Thankyou for your help!!! : )

Tamara Croft
06-29-2006, 07:13 PM
Azure, both are boots products, but I'm not too sure if they sell the green concealer now.

vcutenyc
06-29-2006, 07:36 PM
I use a product called Dermacover Camoflouge Cream from a company called Kryolan. It's very effective in covering stubble and has a nice finish with powder. i have a pretty dark shadow on my moustache and it covers it up well. the problem with it is you need to get a shade to match your skin and apply to your whole face and neck which isnt so great. but overall its an effective way to cover up beard shadow.

azure
07-01-2006, 04:18 PM
Thankyou Tamara : )