PDA

View Full Version : Kathy & Amanda & Penny's Pride in Toronto 2006

kathy gg
06-27-2006, 10:03 PM
Wow..where to being.? Saturday afternoon I guess. Our house was 'get girly' central (as usual). Our friends {who are not members here} came over and got ready. We then chilled out and caught up and waited for our babysitter to arrive.

First pic should be a group photo of our 'gang'.

Second is 'cute' Amanda prior to dinner.

Third photo Kathy w/ Penny

So yes, we all piled in the crossdresser MOBILE and headed to pick up Penny Dreadful. Grabbed her and headed down to Church Street to Cafe California. Our group Xpressions (http://www.xpressions.org) always has dinners last Sat of every month. Of course Pride is a pretty special event.

If no one has ever been to a big city Pride Event...well you don't know what you are missing. Lots of cool/sexy/fun/wild and just a totally diverse crowd fills the streets and businesses. This is our 6th Pride and I really can't imagine NOT attending.

Anyway, dinner took a while as always, but that is to be expected with a large gathering and of course all the other non group patrons also ordering food. So gave us both time to order PLENTY of drinks. *Amanda and I did not drive FYI*.

We also got to meet some new people whose photos will not be posted....but it was all fun. Everyone was happy to see the beautiful Penny once again and *glowing* at that!:thumbsup:

So dinner arrived it was great and totally delish, as always the waiter completely fussed over me!!! I dont' know what effect I have on the gay boys!!!! But anyway.....after dinenr Alexa and I walked around and saw the festivities. Sadly I think I was not read :rolleyes: obviously walking next to a 6' tall cd will totally make a gg at a mere 5'9" in heels look like a gg! ARGH! Next year I need bigger hair!

Anyway, around midnight we all decided to head back to home base. One of the gals in our party was to open our groups booth bright an early and needed her beauty sleep.

Part two to follow.........................

kathy gg
06-27-2006, 10:15 PM
Okay Sunday Day Two of Pride weekend!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay so Sunday Amanda and I took turns sleeping and trying to recover! Gee..you know you are old when???

Anyway, as I slept Amanda got ready in comfy-casual mode. I too decided that I was going to capri-pant and tank-top it as well. Good thing she did not take photos of my feet, I wore very borin sneakers...but I knew we would be walking a long way from car to fun....

Around 5ish we got to Penny's to gather her and head down to chaos central. As always parking was a total *******! We basically found the same spot we did as last year *and it is our secret!*.

Fed the meter and started hoofing it down to all the fun. The actual Pride Parade ends around 3pm, so getting there late seems to make things less nutty. Sometimes the non-cool people tend to gawk and make things lame, so I am always glad when the looky-loos go back to surburbia and let the fun people take back over.

We decided to eat first again at Cafe california, which was great and easy to get seated at. We were not in the mood to wait forever for a table. We ordered and since I was the designated drunkard I got to order some cosmopolitans. YUMMY! Penny and Amanda had a lvoely dinner while I figured appertizers were the best way to an empty tummy!

After dinner we began the trek to see what was happening. The Drag super stage is always at the end of the crawl but it was in full swing when we arrived. We saw a few numbers and then went to hang at a bar while the next act got ready. We did find a cool bar we had never been to, so that was kinda fun. The bartender was completely confused though...I seemed to pay very little for my chocolate martinie?

So after a bathroom break we headed back to the drag stage and saw some very eclectic performers. Got a few candid shots as well. By this time, well things were fuzzy for me.....but I am told that we had a good time and called it a night around 10pm.

Don't even ask me how I feel today...:sad: and tired.

Okay...
first pic Amanda before we left...awww
2nd..me and Penny and my good buddy Cosmo
3rd pic me and Amanda well after that 4th martinie!
4th pic the three muskateers...or is that stooges?

kathy gg
06-27-2006, 10:21 PM
The Talent

1st pic: Latin drag queen

2nd photo: a cool trio

3rd: random twister DQ and Penny

I wish I had taken ore pics, but well....it jsut did not happen. Hope this keeps the masses pleased though.

XXXOOOOXXXOOO

Olivia
06-27-2006, 10:24 PM
Very cool pics Kathy! That looks like a great time; would've loved being there. Thanks for sharing the memories with us! Olivia

Denise01
06-27-2006, 10:31 PM
The Pictures are great Kathy, and so glad all of you had a good time.

The pictures of Amanda are fantastic, and just wish I could have been there. There is always another year and some time i hope to make the Pride parade

Denise

tekla west
06-27-2006, 10:45 PM
you girls look great, I love Pride here in SF, looks like you have as much fun as I do. Toronto is very cool after all.

Wenda
06-27-2006, 10:54 PM
Awesome! The group looks great! Amanda is VERY sweet!
Uuuuhh, hmm.... do you have Penny Dreadful's contact info? She and Wenda may have plans to take over a small country!!:D

Deidra Cowen
06-28-2006, 06:14 AM
Great photos and thanks for the write up on your weekend. I love threads like this. :thumbsup:

Penny Dreadful GG
06-28-2006, 06:34 AM
Hi, everyone!

Great pix, Kathy!

I would, however, like to state for the record that I am 6 months pregnant, as opposed to 6 months overweight!! :happy: Just in case anyone was wondering...

We did indeed have a great weekend with a super-amazing group of people.

I wish events like Pride could take place on a more frequent basis - they are such fun!

take care one and all,

Penny GG

ChristineRenee
06-28-2006, 06:40 AM
Wow Kathy...terrific pics. You all look beautiful and like you were having sooo much fun. Thanks for sharing your pics and experience with us.:happy:

KateW
06-28-2006, 06:41 AM
<- Very jealous! Wish I could have gone, as it sounds like you had a great time! Thanks for sharing the photos...

Anita Mae GG
06-28-2006, 06:55 AM
Greta pics! Amanda looks FAB!!!!! Very nice look.

Di
06-28-2006, 08:00 AM
Great post...looks like everyone had an awesome time..and loved all the pics:thumbsup: ..

Marla GG
06-28-2006, 09:48 AM
Kathy, Amanda, and Penny...you rock!

Kathy -- you look super freakin' awesome! Your Saturday night makeup and hair was totally glamtacular! I am sorry you didn't get read, but I bet you had tons of admirers following you around all evening. :D

Amanda -- Cute, cute cute! Did I say cute? :battingeyelashes: I think these are some of the best pics I have ever seen of you, and I have seen a lot! My favorite is the first photo from Sunday.....awww.......

Penny -- Girl, you are looking fine...if I had looked half that good when I was pregnant I think I would have wanted to have nine more kids! I think you ought to put one of these cool pics in your little one's baby book :happy:

Thanks for sharing the fun, you really showed us what Pride is all about. :thumbsup:

Love,
Marla xx

Julie York
06-28-2006, 04:11 PM
WOW! That last picture...the drag Queen with Penny on her left?........Well see the woman just over the shoulder of Penny...........

I've had her!

:D

Kimberley
06-28-2006, 05:54 PM
Just too cool. A ton of fun of course. The TO Pride week just rocks the city to its core. Someday I'll get back there for it.

The pics were totally fabulous. Love and hugs to all of you.

Kimberley.

Wenda
06-28-2006, 06:45 PM
...still waiting for Penny's #. We have trouble to cause, s**t to disturb, careers to limit...

Tamara Croft
06-28-2006, 06:52 PM
Wow, sounds like you all had an absolute blast :Party2: Great pics, thanks for sharing them with us :bs:

Holly
06-28-2006, 07:03 PM
Kathy, I enjoyed your account and pics of Pride. Looks like all you girls had a great time. Thanks for sharing with us. :love: .

Barb Valentine
06-28-2006, 07:13 PM
Maybe next year I'll get off my butt and go
and have as much fun as you all did
Great pictures

Phoebe Reece
06-28-2006, 08:05 PM
Terrific story! You girls all look great. It must have been a lot of fun. I am curious as to what your babysitter thought....

michelle19845
06-28-2006, 10:44 PM
i hope i can go ther e wheni move north soon.you all look great and definitely had fun by your expressions.good job.

kysmet
06-29-2006, 12:27 AM
All the lovely girls and I didn't get to go. :(

Hopefully this time next year I will be there along with everyone else. Either that or I get to be the babysitter. hehe

See you soon girls,
Ericka

Jasmine Ellis
08-11-2006, 01:14 PM
WOW,great pictures, love them all seems you had absolutely wonderful weekend. Thank you for sharing

Janelle Young
08-11-2006, 06:51 PM
That is so great. Super pictures, thanks for sharing them.

Patty
08-11-2006, 07:05 PM
Love the pic's and I wish that I was there to join in the fun :love:

Carlacd
08-11-2006, 07:06 PM
Kathy, Thanks for telling about every ones adventure and the pics are darling of every one.

Raychel
08-12-2006, 05:46 AM
It looks like everyone had a great time. Thanks for sharing. I only wish that I was there even if only as a spectator.

Kimberly
08-12-2006, 06:09 AM
Looks like you had some great fun. :)

Nice one, girls! xx

sparks
08-12-2006, 01:29 PM
your picts. Cheered me up.