PDA

View Full Version : Tightening a corset

jenny_cheerleader
06-28-2006, 02:22 AM
Hello ladies
i just purchased a corset, however i am having some difficulty lacing it up myself. any advice or websites that help with this?

JulieFL
06-28-2006, 02:24 AM
I've always wondered how you did it solo as well. Waiting for the replies.

JulieFL

ReginaK
06-28-2006, 02:33 AM
Some people install a small hook on the wall or use a door knob when tightening a corset. Basically loop it over the door knob and walk away from it to tighten the laces.

Lilith Moon
06-28-2006, 04:15 AM
Expanding on ReginaK's method. The door should be open so that both doorknobs are accessible. Hook the laces over the two knobs, one each side of the door. Then lean away from the door. Don't forget to tighten up the corset gap evenly like in this pic.

Feels great as it gently, then not so gently, starts to hug and tighten.

Dragster
06-28-2006, 08:29 AM
Just posted this in the other corset post that's still live. Hope it helps. Works for me anyway!

Have you found this link?
http://www.staylace.com/thomaslierse/selflace.htm
I follow it, more or less, but after I pull out the two loose lace loops at the waist, I hook them over a door knob (can be one knob, end-on, Lillith!)instead of temporarily tying them at the front. Then I gently lean forwards to keep up a little tension as I pull out the slack, working alternately from from the top and the bottom. I need about 3 repetitions to get the maximum tension. For extra waist compression, I fasten a very tight belt around my waist (just above or below the laces I'm tightening) for the final pull, and remove it after tying off.
Also, my final tie-off is different. It's very difficult to tie in the back, so I take the (now very long) loops off the door knob, but keeping them tensionned, cross them over in the back, and give them a big pull out to the sides as a final pull in. I wrap the right loop around my waist as far as it will go, then push the left lace through the loop at the end of the right lace and wind it back the other way. With a good pull on this loose end, you can feel your waist compressing even more (Delicious, if you like it really tight!). I wind this lace around my waist now, and wind the last 6" or so several times around all the laces which now encircle my waist. The tension is so great, it doesn't come loose, and there's no bulge to show under clothing.
Do take the Staylace advice of putting on stockings and shoes before you tighten up, you can't reach them afterwards.....

Good luck,
Tony

Angela Burke
06-28-2006, 09:02 AM
Expanding on ReginaK's method. The door should be open so that both doorknobs are accessible. Hook the laces over the two knobs, one each side of the door. Then lean away from the door. Don't forget to tighten up the corset gap evenly like in this pic.

Feels great as it gently, then not so gently, starts to hug and tighten.

You girls are just f**cking amazing.
Is there any sort of a query you
can't come up with a solution to?

Bernadina
06-28-2006, 10:00 AM
I've always wondered how you did it solo as well. Waiting for the replies.

JulieFL

I just reach behind and pull on the loops holding onto both the upper and lower cords at the same time to pull the corset in, then either just the 2 upper or the 2 lower to adjust the fit.

This works great only if the corset is laced correctly.

Check out "corset self lacing" or "self tightening" on the net. There is lot of info.

MarinaTwelve200
06-28-2006, 05:19 PM
I just reach behind and pull on the loops holding onto both the upper and lower cords at the same time to pull the corset in, then either just the 2 upper or the 2 lower to adjust the fit.

Check out "corset self lacing" or "self tightening" on the net. There is lot of info.

ANd of course you need to EXHALE---to get the AIR OUT of your torso---and NOT INHALE as many have a natural tedancy to do.

michellethestorm
06-29-2006, 01:24 AM
I've used this website information. This has worked great for me. I can use my hands to tighten easily.

http://www.waspcreations.com/howtol.htm

Hope it helps!

NikkiT
06-29-2006, 01:05 PM

This is exactly what I do. If the corset is of a decent quality (and has been laced properly), simply pulling on the loops should get the job done. I tend to arch my back and stand on my tippytoes too; for some reason I tend to get a little more sucked in that way.

You'll notice after a few times wearing it out/around the house, the upper and lower laces will start to loosen. Tighten these laces a little before putting it on (tight enough so that the corset barely fits when you first put it on). The upper and lower laces only tighten up slighty when pulling on the loops, and tend to get loosened over time.

Sky
06-29-2006, 02:45 PM
Buy a front-hooked waist cincher.

Really, girl, it saves a lot of trouble.

Caitlintgsd
06-29-2006, 04:39 PM
I have a few that hook in the front. I find that I still need to tighten them when I put them on. I (and most people that I know of) do the door knob routine. You may not get even spacing between the lacing, it depends on how the corset is shaped. Wider spacing at the top and bottom isn't a bad thing when you're all done. Depends upon your bod and the corest I guess.

jenny_cheerleader
06-30-2006, 02:10 AM
the one that i have has hooks in the front. how should i tie it to the doorknob?

tara 24-7
06-30-2006, 04:14 AM
i do love corsets but there a real pain, but its worth the effort in the end,
stick with it girl it gets easier the more you try, kisses tara xxx

Dragster
06-30-2006, 06:53 PM
Jenny, if yours has hooks in the front and elastic only (no laces) in the back, it's not a real corset. Real corsets have laces and no elastic, so, as you tighten the laces, your torso, and particularly your waist, gets pulled in; as tight as you dare! It's the lace loops in the back of the corset which are hooked onto the doorknob (and held tight by leaning forward to keep then tensionned) to take up the slack while you go through the lace tightening process for a second or third time.

Tony

jenny_cheerleader
06-30-2006, 06:56 PM
WOW! 3" gone like it was never there! all my shirts feel too big! thanks for the help!

Karren H
06-30-2006, 07:34 PM
I just tie the lace ends together into 2 groups, and reach around behind, breath in a large breath and pull at the same time.. do this a couple times and reach around with the other hand and tie a simple knot with both hands.. As easy as unhooking a bra!!! hehehe Since mine has hooks in the fron to then I get out of it easy and its ready for the next event!!!

Love Karren

salem
07-02-2006, 08:27 AM
Tightening a corset solo is difficult but worth the effort. I have a waspie and when it's pulled in nice and tight it feels great and sexy curves are created.

I also recommend the looping the laces over door handle method. My biggest challenge was doing the bow at the back was everything was nice and tight.

I have a tip that you may wish to try..................Use a toggle, you know the ones that are used with outdoor clothes. Feed the laces through the opening and then when you have tightened your corset pull the laces through the toggle and presto no bow required!

Having someone tighten the laces of your corset would be nice!

Angie G
07-02-2006, 08:59 AM
Jenny is that a blond moment.
Angie G.:doll: