PDA

View Full Version : washing pantyhose and tights

piper
06-28-2006, 02:52 AM
Hello can anyone advise me how to wash pantyhose and tights I mean Ithink someone mentioned you put them in some bag and then put them in the washing machine especially if you have a lot and where can you purchase such an item regards Piper

Lisa Golightly
06-28-2006, 02:59 AM
Dry cleaners and supermarkets usually sell them. Make sure you buy a decent one though, which are usually sold by quality hosiery outlets. The cheap ones have zips that tend to break very quickly.

Have to say I still prefer to handwash them.

Miss Vicki
06-28-2006, 03:13 AM
I am glad that someone brought this up. I need to have a quick turn around when I wash pantyhose and would like to get more than 1 or 2 pair washed at a time.
My problem is that, If I wash a pair in the morning after my wife goes to work, then they are almost completely dry before she gets home.
I then hide them in the basement and pray that she does not enter that part of the house and find them hanging. By morning they are dry and ready for wear or join the hidden stash. I do want to take care of the cleaning all at one time.
My question is, Can I put them in the dryer and speed the process up? I think I tried this once and the elastic waistband(s) stretched out and they started to fall off of me. Lost 4-5 pairs.

Lisa Golightly
06-28-2006, 03:25 AM
As the Hosiery Association state:

When washing them, pay attention to the manufacturers instructions. Do not use hot water or bleach. Pantyhose should be washed by hand, using a mild detergent. However, when you use a washing machine, put your pantyhose in a hosiery bag or a pillowcase so they don’t get caught on the zippers and buttons of other clothes in the wash load. Don’t set the temperature on high and don’t wash with “colors”.

To dry, roll pantyhose in a towel - never wring them to remove moisture and then hang them to dry. Never put them in the dryer.

piper
06-28-2006, 03:52 AM
Thanks very much for that advice Lisa has the bag got a certain name regards piper

Lisa Golightly
06-28-2006, 04:04 AM
If you click this link and go to the Lingerie and Accessories... Accessories section (You can't directly link to the page) and scroll down you'll see two branded bags on offer. :)

http://www.stockingshq.com/sheertemptation/index.htm

karen fox
06-28-2006, 04:14 AM
Put them all in a pillow case if you don't trust the washine machine.
That will protect them, and it won't cost you for the 'bag'.

Emma England
06-28-2006, 07:01 AM
Last time, I washed a pair of tights, I put them (not using a bag) straight in the machine together with lots of bras and knickers.

No damage was done. :D

KateW
06-28-2006, 07:22 AM
There is a hosiery association? Where do I sign up?

renee99
06-28-2006, 01:43 PM
I wash them in those hosiery "net" bags along with my nylon briefs and camisoles, etc. I can wash several bags worth at once making trips to the laundry as rare as possible. I use Woolite for detergent and wash on cold. I machine dry on cold, some people say never to machine dry, but I have not had a problem with this approach. Make sure the hosiery bags are completely zipped up or you will have an interesting situation to deal with if you are at a public laundry and trying to be discreet.