PDA

View Full Version : Documentary on Crossdressing

Melanie R
06-28-2006, 02:18 PM
Peggy and I completed last week 40 hours of filming with the Women's Entertainment channel, WE, for a documentary on crossdressing which will air on WE August 29. We think the documentary will be repeated many times in September. The documentary will show Mel as well as Melanie and Peggy as we live our lives in Houston. The emphasis is to show that most crossdressers and their wives are like the couple next door. Several other crossdressers and wife in Houston will be in the film as well as Melanie's brother and wife and granddaughter. From what we have seen to date of the production we believe the final edited film will show the crossdresser and wife in a very positive and professional manner. The director of the production was with ABC News for 25 years and during that time won 5 Emmy's for her work. The segment on WE is called Secret Lives of Women. To date the network has not come with a title for the one hour documentary. We understand that the documentary will be announced on all the major networks. We are a little apprehensive since with this broadcast our lives will change forever. We will be out to everyone including many who do not know of Melanie existence.

Hugs,

Melanie

michelle-h
06-28-2006, 03:58 PM
I want to commend you and Peggy on your bravery. I think that by taking part in this documentary, you will have done a great service to the TG community, at the cost of your own privacy. I look forward to seeing it, and how we as crossdressers are portrayed. I think it will be another step towards showing the world that we are normal people too, and not a bunch of perverts like they think. Thank you for your courage.

Michelle-H

Sarah Rabbit
06-28-2006, 04:00 PM
We will be out to everyone including many who do not know of Melanie existence.

Hugs,

Melanie

Heavy Duty.. Keep us posted re Those who are about to find Out about Melanie...We do not have 'Cable at this Stage, do you know if there are plans to release it on DVD..?

Sarah R. :bunny:

MsEva
06-28-2006, 04:02 PM
Kudos to you and yours! That is a brave thing to do...and thank you from our community!:happy:

sue ellan
06-28-2006, 04:52 PM
you girls are so brave. i so admire you for what your are doing. i could never do it.
hope that it goes well for all of you. keep in touch.:hugs:
sue ellan

Joy Carter
06-28-2006, 05:00 PM
We all should get together in Houston with Meloney and Peggy in a big hall with big screen TV's so we can see it together and support them both.
:hugs:

Kimberly
06-28-2006, 07:24 PM
... what a way to come out!!

"Hey! Dave!! Watch the TV tonight!"

Rachel Morley
06-28-2006, 08:05 PM
Oh wow, that's fantastic! We get the WE channel on our cable network so I'll definately put it down as a "must see" in my diary. :happy:

I've read your wife's book and I can't think of a nicer couple to represent us in the big wide world that is TV :D (no pun intended!)

Phoebe Reece
06-28-2006, 08:37 PM
Way to go Melanie! You and Peggy are incredibly brave. The rest of us really owe you one for doing this. I'm sure your life will change in many ways with the airing of the documentary. Perhaps you will get invites to do other shows (like Today or The View) and be able to continue to provide good press for the crossdressing community.

Sarah Rabbit
06-28-2006, 08:41 PM
Melanie, Was this Forum mentioned during the making of the Documentary?

Sarah R. :bunny:

Bernice
06-28-2006, 08:55 PM
I want to commend you and Peggy on your bravery. I think that by taking part in this documentary, you will have done a great service to the TG community, at the cost of your own privacy. I look forward to seeing it, and how we as crossdressers are portrayed. I think it will be another step towards showing the world that we are normal people too, and not a bunch of perverts like they think. Thank you for your courage.

Michelle-H
:iagree: :thumbup:

KateW
06-28-2006, 08:59 PM
Very cool... could you ask the studio execs if they have plans to broadcast it in the UK?

Dee 1062
06-28-2006, 10:03 PM
Way to go...
So if things get hard for you their...Move to Columbus, Ohio
Everyone is cool in Columbus...except the crime rate is high(LoL)

Melanie R
06-28-2006, 10:31 PM
Very cool... could you ask the studio execs if they have plans to broadcast it in the UK?

We will ask if the documentary can be broadcast in the UK.

Hugs,

Melanie

KateW
06-28-2006, 10:34 PM
Thanks Melanie - much appreciated!

xxx

Sandygal
06-28-2006, 10:40 PM
Hi Melanie...I can't wait to see it. I'm sure we will love it and I hope to get my wife to watch it. I almost want to insist she watches it. Does it just cover you and your SO or does it cover the whole CD world. See, I'm so excited that I'm just rambling on.........Sandy

Melanie R
06-28-2006, 11:17 PM
Hi Melanie...I can't wait to see it. I'm sure we will love it and I hope to get my wife to watch it. I almost want to insist she watches it. Does it just cover you and your SO or does it cover the whole CD world. See, I'm so excited that I'm just rambling on.........Sandy

Sandy,

The film covers Peggy and Mel as well as Melanie. One other young couple struggling with TS issues have a part in the production. Of the 37 minutes of actual film time half is devoted to Peggy and Mel and Melanie answering over 190 questions directed to us by the director. There is no subject related to crossdressing and the TG community left untouched. We will be seen as we work in our beautiful yard, Peggy working on her books, Melanie choosing her clothing to wear and putting on her makeup. Melanie doing house work. Melanie and Peggy having our nails manicured at a plush Houston salon. Melanie and Peggy having dinner with TG frineds at a local restaurant. Melanie and Peggy giving an actual presentation to a University psychology class. The film also shows Melanie's brother talking about Melanie as well as her granddaughter. I can't remember all the scenes and do not know how the final product will look.

Hugs,

Melanie

Fallen Angel
06-29-2006, 12:36 AM
That takes courage!!! god bless you and your friends

Marlena Dahlstrom
06-29-2006, 02:17 AM
I just wanted to commend the courage of the both of you.

Looking forward to seeing the documentary.

Lilith Moon
06-29-2006, 05:26 AM
We will ask if the documentary can be broadcast in the UK.

Hugs,

Melanie

Another UK CD-er here who would appreciate that, thanks.

Trish
06-29-2006, 07:00 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing the program. Keep us informed as to the exact date, and time.

gia GG
06-29-2006, 07:24 AM
I can't wait to see this program. I admire you and Peggy for opening yourselves and your lives up to the world.

TGMarla
06-29-2006, 07:27 AM
I don't think I get the WE channel, so I'll likely miss it. Too bad, I'd like to see it. You're very brave. I think this is a very positive thing for the entire community.

SherriePall
06-29-2006, 09:59 AM
On behalf of everyone here at the forum, thank you, both.

Angie G
06-29-2006, 10:04 AM
Melanie Your the greatest I will do my best to watch you show thank you and I hope to get my wife to watch also .
Angie G.:hugs:

tamyracd
06-29-2006, 11:09 AM
I think it's great what you've done Melanie...you've put your personal life out there to help all us...I hope it changes the perception of the crossdressing...and puts a different light on the subject..again thank you and Peggy and everyone involved in the project...

Melanie R
06-29-2006, 12:59 PM
I awoke from a dream at 3:30 AM this morning that was exciting. I dreamed that Peggy and I were being interviewed by Diane Sawyer on Good Morning America the day before the documentary aired. Who knows this may not be a dream since the director of the documentary was with ABC for 25 years and is close friends with Diane and all the GMA staff.

Hugs,

Melanie

Tracy Lynn
06-29-2006, 10:10 PM
I am looking forward to watching. I hope evrything goes well for you two.

VERY BRAVE.

vcutenyc
06-30-2006, 04:38 AM
this is a very brave thing. thanks and good luck!

Deidra Cowen
06-30-2006, 05:15 AM
Very cool! I can't wait to see it on the tube. :thumbsup:

Deena
06-30-2006, 06:33 AM
God's speed to you both.

Hugs, Deena

Tiffy
06-30-2006, 08:59 AM
Outstanding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And thank you from the bottom of my heart for having the guts to let the world see you to help all of us.

THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April Marie

Lisa Maren
06-30-2006, 04:46 PM
Hi Melanie

I am so proud of you! I, too, wish to thank you and your family for going out on the proverbial limb for us. I will definitely watch the documentary.

I wish I had your courage, I really do (although I'm sure it helps to have an understanding SO and I've never had an SO)!

Hugs and cheers,
Lisa