PDA

View Full Version : Happy and disappointed

Emma England
06-28-2006, 04:52 PM
Today, I bought my second piece of make-up. Black mascara :D
Also a Gillette Sensor 3 razor :happy:

Tonight, used the razor on my face and legs. Cut my face (even with using shampoo) :sad: Legs much smoother :happy: , but parts are sore (above left knee at the mo) :sad:

Putting on lipstick and mascara is pleasing :D
Taking it off is not really wanted :thumbsdn:
(Its awkward taking makeup off as well).

Life has its ups and downs.

MsEva
06-28-2006, 04:53 PM
So true love so true:o

Julie York
06-28-2006, 04:57 PM
You think you are miserable now. Wait until the razor rash kicks in just as someone at work says....Have you been wearing mascara?
:D

Emma England
06-28-2006, 05:04 PM
As far as the shaving is concerned, think I'll go back to using Nair cream.

I remember as a teenager many years ago, putting on my mothers mascara.
Washed it off before my family came home. My brother asked me whether I had been crying (after all I was home alone for a couple of hours).

Jennaie
06-28-2006, 07:30 PM
Girl, your second piece of makeup?

I have sooooo much makeup, I have to keep it organized in a large tackle box. :lol:
Don't even ask how much it cost because I don't even want to know.

I could make a monkey look pretty, wait... I already do that... me. :lol:

EricaCD
06-28-2006, 08:22 PM
Mascara - not so sad-making to remove completely.

Heavy eye-liner? Now that's sad...

Sorry you ouched yourself with the razor though. That's why this girl sticks to electric...and thanks her LaPerla wearing goddess that her facial hair is so sparse!

Erica

KateW
06-28-2006, 09:20 PM
I used to be paranoid about taking off mascara when I was a teenager. I was convinced there was still some on there, and people would notice, even if I cleaned them for over an hour. They were probably more concerned about my red-raw eyelids. :-)

Sarah Rabbit
06-28-2006, 09:34 PM
Incase of possible 'Discovery' of Make Up Residue by other persons, Shove your face in to a Cream Pie (Ala Mrs. Doubtfire-Robin Williams) :lol:

Sarah R. :bunny:

Dee 1062
06-28-2006, 10:13 PM
Makeup. no problem...wal-mart buy a box of wipes for makeup, works well comes right off and buy store brand

Scotty
06-28-2006, 10:49 PM
I get the rough spot above my knee as well when shaving - the key there is to keep that razor sharp - shave your legs with one razor and your face with another - but never mix the two!!!

I finally went out and bought a Venus and some extra blades for my legs and arm pits, it does extremely well. :)

I'm thinking about electrolisys for my nipples and chest, small patches as they are they are just ugly! :)

anonjulz
06-28-2006, 11:00 PM
Cover Girl makes an excellent eye make up remover. You simply moisten a cotton ball w/ the remover and wipe it off. Baby wipes also are a great way to remove eye make up. :) :happy:

Fallen Angel
06-29-2006, 12:32 AM
try some sencetive razors the aloe may help with the redness or rashing and baby oil works great at removing make up xxxx

kysmet
06-29-2006, 12:55 AM
Funny, when I was in High School guys wearing mascara was all the rage. Nowadays if someone that doesn't know about Ericka asks if I was wearing makeup I tell them I went to a goth bar the night before and had a little bit of eyeliner on. They usually don't bother me the rest of the day. :D

Ericka Jean

P.S. Just wait, soon you will have so much makeup you will forget that you have makeup.

Marcia-B
06-29-2006, 01:19 PM
I have found that irritation above the knee.I heard it was better to shave downwards on this part so the hairs don't get trapped under the skin.I shave ankle to knee and groin to knee and it is not so bad.I found moisturising or using astral cream afterwards helps.
Cleansing wipes clean off make up very well and so do pampers baby wipes.
Why not buy a small makeup giftset you can get a few different things at a reasonable price and it is also less suspicious in the shop.
You could try wax strips on your legs .You can even buy Veet for Men in Boots.I think it takes a bit of practice I am not that good at waxing yet.

pinkshelly
06-29-2006, 01:24 PM
I agree with Closetgirl, Venus the way to go. Get some goog shaving cream. Use one razor for your face and the Venus for every thing else. For the knees, pull the skin from the top, above the knee. Happy shaving.
Huggs, Shelly.

CaptLex
06-29-2006, 03:19 PM
Tonight, used the razor on my face and legs. Cut my face (even with using shampoo) :sad: Legs much smoother :happy: , but parts are sore (above left knee at the mo) :sad:
Ouch! The same razor on the face and legs? :nono: Not a good idea. Also, what kind of shaving cream are you using? Did you say shampoo?! I've found that a gel one works best for my skin (sensitive) - and make sure you slather it on generously. Also, follow up the legs with a good moisturizer as soon as you're done (just as important as a soothing aftershave). Hope it turns out better next time. :itsok: