PDA

View Full Version : Read in public by one of us...

TV_Allie
06-28-2006, 04:57 PM
Just got back from one of my very infrequent trips out. The first, I might add where I actually made contact with people. I had to use my femme voice, such as it is.
Well, as I was trying to pull away from a gas pump, I was waved down by a guy, who said he had seen my back at the local goodwill store. Of course my heart was pumping. I wsn't sure what to make of him. He said he was one of "us" and wanted to know if I wanted to "play". I had to decline. I just wasn't sure if he was for real. Besides I'm happily married to a woman who supports my little "hobby".Although she does'nt know I've been out. I think she suspects as much though.
Anyway, I'm curious if any of you have had similar "readings" in public and what you did. In a way it was very flattering the way he approached me. I felt hit upon. Kinda sexy. Even if he claimed he read me so easily. I'm thinking that I , or any of us, probably would spot one of us quicker than your average person on the street.
Just wanted to get some response...

Luv,

Allie

Eugenie
06-28-2006, 05:47 PM
Hello Allie,

It only happened once that I saw a sister in public. That was in Brussells airport, while waiting for my plane departure. She was sitting a few feets away from me and was almost "passing". The thing that gave her up was that she was too obviously and ostensibly making herself up, something a GG would never do... That attracted the attention and then it was obvious she was one of us. I thought she was rather brave to fly "en femme".

I might have tried to start a conversation (I talk to unknown people very easily...) but I was with a group of people I work with and who don't know about my X-dressing. They too had noticed that she was a x-dresser. My coleagues were very correct and made no nasty comments. That's to be expected from people who work with me in the "non discrimination advocacy" domain.

I've never encounter other casual X-dressers in public otherwise.

:hugs:
Eugenie

Joy Carter
06-28-2006, 06:00 PM
And I was at work when a CD came in and I knew it strait off, I sold her the supplies she asked for and she began talking well one thing led to another and she kept looking at me. The next thing she gave me was her business card and told me to call her +? +? As she left I looked at it and it was a man's name on the card Sam T***** he was a Nationwide agent. Scared the heck out of me but I laugh now about it.... I think +?

Wenda
06-28-2006, 06:38 PM
I met a lady taller than me (6'1"), broader shoulders (I wear a 44 jacket) and larger feet, working in the hardware department of a large chain. Saw her when I was at a kareoke night (en femme). I asked one of the GGs with me, and they said, no, she was just a very masculine-looking woman. Good thing I didn't say anything!

Karren H
06-28-2006, 06:55 PM
So cool!! Nope, never read like that. Did have this older gentleman appproach me on the street in Salt Lake City. Thought he knew me from somewhere. I DON'T THINK SO!! Lol. Was fun anyway!

Then there was this Kid at the Wendys drive through window. Jaw dropped when he saw me enfemme in my pickup truck. Herd him yell "Hey Roy!! Look at that!! I had my drink and was pulling away from the window and howling!! What a hoot!!

Love Karren

Jennaie
06-28-2006, 07:25 PM
I read them, but immediately turn my attention another direction, mutual respect has something to do with it I suppose.

Jodi
06-28-2006, 07:43 PM
My experience was just a couple of days ago. I was at a funeral and when I went to the funeral dinner afterwards, I sat with some people that were strangers. I kept looking at the guy to my immediate left and knew he looked familiar. He was also looking at me. We introduced ourselves, and asked where each was from. The conversation turned to the fact that he had lived in northeast Ohio for a long time before returning to PA. I asked where and he replied Akron/Canton area. I smiled and said that I visit frequently in the Youngstown/Warren area and that I stayed at the downtown Comfort Inn in Warren. That was the clue that I was passing to him. He smiled and said that he stays there often. A little later he walked to the bar and I followed him. He turned to me and said, "You're Jodi aren't you". I said yes and said, " You're Victoria aren't you". He nodded and laughed. I have been going to the Queen of Hearts Tavern for about 4 years and have known her for that long. We were both amazed that we would run into one another at a funeral in western PA. We both agreed that we recognized each other's voice and the rest came together.

Jodi

Marcia-B
06-29-2006, 01:03 PM
I have seen loads of crossdressers,tgirls and crossdressers.I normally spot them very quickly.I suppose I am looking out for them though.

pinkshelly
06-29-2006, 02:14 PM
The only one who has outed me lately was a young lesbian girl in Spensers the day. There was a trans-sexual woman the works on H.A.F.B. that used to come into the parts store often. we talked quite a bit.
Huggs, Shelly.

Sky
06-29-2006, 02:33 PM
Sitting on a stool on a relatively dark bar, you need to be really close to read or be read.

Walking on the street in plain daylight, now that's difficult to pass. But the key is, don't stare, try not to make eye contact -unless a really cute guy walks by...- and don't get stressed out thinking what the other people in the street might be thinking of you. Be natural (and discretely feminine), and less people will read you, and even if they do you probably won't notice so what's the big deal?

christine55
06-29-2006, 03:04 PM
Fact of the matter is that women do look at each other and usually smile.
It is actually a bit of a giveaway if you make no eye contact with other women.
Hugs, Christine

carol anne
06-29-2006, 03:28 PM
For any of us who venture out in our feminine persona it is almost a given that many of us will be read. It is alos a given that hardly anyone would venture to make a scene on noting a c. The average man might give a second loo but continue on, the average woman would pay little attention if any. I know I have been seen by at least two women who know me but both were so surprised that I'm certain they convinced themselves who they say was just someone who resembled me. We really do look like a completely different person whether we know it or not.

susann_gardener
06-29-2006, 04:11 PM
I spotted one of us at Disney World last spring. I geive her credit for being where no-one has much to do but look at other people. Her walk gave her away.

karen fox
06-29-2006, 04:34 PM
Well I think I saw "one of us" tgirls in a sleepy town in Lincolnshire a couple of years ago. She did look very good though, but there was something about her, which I suppose, as you say, we read US sooner. Or was it a "tgirl's intuition"? She looked very embarassed, but that could have been just because some "dirty old man" was looking at her! Sorry to you. I was only looking at you and how you hold yourself! I find I do that, especially with women, but that is to pick up tips from those I like!
I have seen the same girl (woman really) recently in the local Argos store, same town, but she looked a lot more feminine this last time. I wonder if she's got a boyfriend? Oh sorry, that's me trundeling off the beaten track!
I sure I would be read a lot quicker than she was.:heehee:

JiveTurkeyOnRye
06-29-2006, 05:16 PM
I have seen a few Tgirls when the Short North, an artsy area of Columbus, Ohio, has various events, like the "Gallery Hop" at the first saturday of the month where people will go from art gallery to art gallery, shop to shop, and bar to bar (to bar to bar.) but I guess at such an effect certain eccentricies are expected.

but I have occasionally seen a tgirl in other settings, for example at my old job as a seating host at an Uno Chicago Grill, a fellow tgirl came in for lunch one day. Her server said to me "that's definitely a guy," and I agreed, but I said "good for him though," (didn't feel like getting into the "he" or "she" debate) and she said "yeah, seriously."

a little more positive experience than the office supply store I worked at after my senior year of high school. There was a TS who came into our store once in a while, and I'm sorry to say that some of my male coworkers, teenagers, would refer to her as "It." I would get so angry with them because regardless of how you feel about transissues, and at the time I personally was very self-loathing about my own issues, it's still another human being you're talking about.

tekla west
06-29-2006, 05:21 PM
In SF a day without trannies is like a hot summer day here, once or twice a year - at most.

vcutenyc
06-29-2006, 08:56 PM
i was working at a big box electronics store when i was in college and there used to be a couple tg's that came in regularly. As you can imagine, most of the male staff snickered and cracked jokes when they did and no one wanted to help them out. So one time I went over to one and asked if she needed any help and she looked real nervous and said no Then i leaned in and whispered "don't worry, i'm a crossdresser. If you ever need any help here just look for me." She still looked nervous and just said ok and then i left her alone. But she did come back a few times and i helped her out with her purchases. It was a commision business so I was lucky I gained a customer.