PDA

View Full Version : No more secrets

Sharon
11-27-2004, 05:27 PM
Well -- I've finally told someone about Sharon.
My sister came to visit me at my request and after talking about everything but transgenderism for a couple hours, she finally came out and asked me what was on my mind. I hemmed and hawed for a minute or so and then took a deep swallow and told her. I told her that I was still the same person that she knows as her brother, but that there's an equally viable woman who she doen't know. I told her everything I wasn't (homosexual or transsexual), but that I just needed someone I loved to know who I was and why I was this way.
I was shocked by how calmly she took the news. LOL -- she had been thinking that I was going to tell her that I was dying! You need to understand that I tend to keep heavy things private because I don't like people worrying or fussing about me. I had tendon transplants in both knees eight years ago, and I only told my family when it was over and I was completely healed. And there are other things equally significant that I only disclosed until well after the fact. Weird I know, but that's how I am.
I can't explain how good it feels to be open with her. She didn't ask many questions, only that she was happy that I was happy. To my surprise, no one in the family ever suspected anything. Years of worry about nothing!!
I showed her my wardrobe -- she likes my taste, but then she should, it's almost identical to hers! -- and she even laughed that she was sorry we couldn't borrow one another's clothing, she being about six inches shorter and model thin. I don't think I'm ready for anything like that anyway.
We talked for a few more hours, about everything!, and then she left, still loving me and respecting me. I guess I shouldn't have worried about that so much, but I was terrified she would think less of me or that I was some kind of sick-o.
My other sister, who I had also invited up, ended up not being able to make it, so I guess I'm going to have to go through this again! I think I need to wait a little while though.
So that's it!
Love, Sharon

Wendy me
11-27-2004, 05:32 PM
that was just wonderful i am so happy for you mabey when you tell your outher sister the one you told can be their with you to helpe you

DonnaT
11-27-2004, 06:12 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_17_3.gif http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_17_1.gif

Everyonce in awhile we guess right. :)

Rhonda Callahan
11-27-2004, 06:26 PM
:) I am very happy for you, and I think it's so great that the people we love the most can accept us for who we are, there's nothing in this world like unconditional love. I wish you success with the other sis too, and I agree it's a good idea to have the one that is in the know to be there too. LOL :)

Sharon
11-27-2004, 06:34 PM
:) I am very happy for you, and I think it's so great that the people we love the most can accept us for who we are, there's nothing in this world like unconditional love. I wish you success with the other sis too, and I agree it's a good idea to have the one that is in the know to be there too. LOL :)

It's probably a good idea. My sister, while a wonderful person, is a bit conservative in her thinking. She's just a year-and-a-half older than me, but she sometimes seems much older.

Marlene4a
11-27-2004, 06:39 PM
Sharon. That is the best news I heard all day !!. Congrats.

Love

Jen_TGCD
11-27-2004, 06:54 PM
Sharon... I'm really happy for you! One more step... One more level of happiness, contentment and freedom.

christine55
11-27-2004, 07:15 PM
I'll bet you wish you'd told her years ago now. I wish I had a sister.
Hugs, Christine

Sharon
11-27-2004, 07:16 PM
I'll be your sister Christine. :)

Stephanie Brooks
11-27-2004, 11:58 PM
Sharon,

Congratulations!!!! That's great!!!! I was worried for you, but it seems all went well.

*BIG HUGGLES*

Sharon
11-28-2004, 01:07 AM
Yeah, I truly made a mountain out of a molehill. I nearly had a panic attack before I finally spitted out the words!
Part of the problem I had in disclosing who I was is that my sister and I have always been very close. When my wife died, she was the first one I called after telling the kids. There was just no doubt who's shoulder I needed that night. Likewise, she has always called on me when she needed her big brother.
But I felt that she might think that she had been wrong about me all these years. I don't know..., that maybe she would feel that I had been lying to her and deceiving her. And there was the fear that she wouldn't trust me to be with her four boys anymore, something that would simply devastate me.
I've just been incredibly fortunate to have had two very amazing women in my life who can look past the facade and accept me for who I am on the inside. Now I need to consider how many others should be confided in.

And I need to thank all you wonderful ladies for, not only your kind words here and in my other posts, but it your continual signs of strength and support for one another on any number of topics. You have all been an inspiration!

Much love(and I mean MUCH LOVE!),
Sharon

Wenda
11-28-2004, 05:10 AM
Sharon!!! excellent!!! I am so glad for you! I felt great after my g/f knew, and better after my daughter knew. Even if the other people in your life aren't 100% sure about our choices, just not being secretive is so great. way to go girl, wenda!

Julie
11-28-2004, 08:32 AM
Sharon I'm so pleased that everything went so well for you, a great weight has been lifted from your shoulders. It must be a Libran trait in keeping heavy things to ourselves, I do the exact same thing as you and keep them to myself.

JJ

Tonia
11-28-2004, 10:56 AM
Sharon:)

That's great you should have never doughted them lol both my sister's have none for several years. I have been out with my sisters and mother in public restaurants and nobody even blinked an eye. It is truly great to have a sister to talk with about your true feelings. Both my Mother and sisters are very supportive I love them truly. Now my brothers are a different subject their supportive but they feel a little awkward.

Tonia;)

Fiona K
11-28-2004, 11:31 AM
Great news Sharon,
Congratulations! I'm pleased that she has turned out to be so understanding and caring.

BTW Christine, we're all your sisters!!

Love
Fiona

Tristen Cox
11-28-2004, 03:58 PM
OUTSTANDING LADIES!!

*hugs and kisses*
Love
Tristen

racquel
11-28-2004, 05:19 PM
am so happy to hear all went well with #1 sister.i dis-agree with some of the other girls about inviting #1 to be there when #2 is told.in my mind i think the timing will be thrown out .as you said, several hours passed before the reason came out the first time.also #2 sister may feel she has to "prove" something or "live-up" to some preconcieved vision for her sister.just my thoughts,i know you will do the best thing and all will go well.huggs.

Amelie
11-28-2004, 05:23 PM
Sharon... I'm really happy for you! One more step... One more level of happiness, contentment and freedom.

I too, am happy for you, this really a big first step. The rest are baby steps.
Love Amelie