PDA

View Full Version : camera and Cd

Dee 1062
06-29-2006, 10:06 PM
Am I crazy or what , Seem like everytime I dress to go out, I take a pic. of myself...I set up my 35mm and snap away...Is this part of being a Cd...Some of my Pic. I am so hot but some I put in the basemant to keep the rats away.:eek:

Karren H
06-29-2006, 10:11 PM
hehehe How about a Sony Cybershot, extra NimH batteries, a gig of memory sticks, and a mini-tripod for those action shots in the ladies room!!! All fits nicely in my purse!!

Love Karren

Barb Valentine
06-29-2006, 10:13 PM
I get so bummed out I stop taking pictures
I feel good even if I don't look good:(

Teresa Amina
06-30-2006, 07:11 AM
They do go together. I think it's because down inside we're that little girl that's always saying "Look at me!" Taking a picture freezes these moments of self-realisation. I don't usually look as good as my Avatar pic but I'm always trying to capture that something.

Emily Ann Brown
06-30-2006, 07:38 AM
Sister Karren calls me a PHOTO****....does that answer your question?

Emily Ann

Lisa Golightly
06-30-2006, 07:56 AM
Used to... I've kind of retired now :)

SherriePall
06-30-2006, 11:49 AM
Dee -- I bet you thought CD stood for cross dresser. Wrong! It means camera devil (that's the best I could do on short notice). Actually, have you heard the joke about how many crossdressers it takes to change a lightbulb? Stop me if you have.........

Julie Avery
06-30-2006, 12:35 PM
I get so bummed out I stop taking pictures
I feel good even if I don't look good:(

I identify strongly with this experience of Barb's.

I still do the camera thing every now and again - it's definitely part of the CD impulse as I experience it - but I am always horrified by the results. "I feel good even if I don't look good" is exactly why I haven't consigned my hosiery to the paper shredder. Before I toss my pantyhose, dresses, and thigh-highs, I'll take a sledge hammer to the camera ;)

Emeralddragon
06-30-2006, 02:49 PM
I seem to have it better than all of you girls :)

Why waste time taking pics of yourselves or setting up camaras on tripods with timers and whatnot when your SO can take them for you!! If you are lucky enough, like me, you will find a SO that has studied photography, or is good at taking photos!

Very useful for saucy, fun nights in!!

Dee 1062
06-30-2006, 08:45 PM
I want to thank you all...I feel so much better now...for a min. I thought someting was wrong with me...I'll snap away now...:)
Now on the same token does anyone get hot while looking in to the mirror....NEVER MIND

Rachel Morley
06-30-2006, 10:50 PM
Ok.... I can't speak for others, but in our house we have a very good quality Cannon digital camera, a large tripod, tons of duracell batteries at the ready, and we use all of it at every available opportunity. When Marla and I dress up to stay in or go out it's almost taken for granted that we have a "before we leave the house picture" (assuming we're going out). Then we take the camera in one of our purses....just in case we get photo opportunity in a public place. Plus we are becoming educated on the best place to put the camera and whether to use the flash or not.

So yeah....a cder and her camera are never parted! It goes with the territory :D

christine55
06-30-2006, 11:16 PM
The thing about digital cameras is that it is so easy to get rid of the bad and keep the good. I know the angles where I look good and I know the angles where I don't. I like to take pics and usually do a good job of it. I take pics of many things beside myself, some of which are pretty good some not so good. I think digital cameras and the internet have done more for cd'ing than anything else in recent history.
Hugs, Christine
http://myweb.cableone.net/rjoh2/camera.jpg

Ms Alison Janes
07-01-2006, 04:53 AM
A crossdresser without a digital camera is unimaginable.

DanaJ
07-01-2006, 07:08 AM
There are many many girls here who have posted hundreds of photos on this forum (myself included) - you may want to check out the Photo Gallery section, where most girls post their photos. And there are many really classy, beautiful and photo prolific girls on this forum. And remember - this is not a contest to see who can post more pix than the next girl.

For my personal beliefs, I myself do not believe in posting my photos in everyone's threads, I usually start a seperate photo thread for myself. Also, I usually don't like to recycle my own pix or threads, as all my pix are here if you do a search under threads started by myself ;)

I believe a camera (digital is best in my opinion) is a very essential tool to help you get better at your appearance as a CD - plus, for me it is a record of that day that you can keep forever...

MarinaTwelve200
07-01-2006, 07:26 AM
A crossdresser without a digital camera is unimaginable.

Especially for us "Private" cross dressers. The CAMERA is our substitute for "going out".

Of course about only one in every 10 or so pics is a "keeper", getting the pose and light angle just right, so anything other than a digital camera is a big waste of film----(not to mention the "privacy" concerns associated with film processing)

Sarah Rabbit
07-01-2006, 07:44 AM
I have a small collection of photos with my wig on. I would love to do more but the results can be dis-heartening. Maybe when I'm a dotering old CD'er I'll look at the photos and think 'I wasn't that bad' :happy:

Sarah R. :bunny:

Sally24
07-04-2006, 10:41 PM
Sarah, you may find that the photos are "disheartning" because of the flash. Personally, I find that even when I'm looking good, a flash picture taken then looks considerably worse than the reality. Something to do with how that intense light penetrates or reflects off of the make-up. I try to do mine with existing room light if possible or my favorite....outdoor natural light. I know many do not have a private yard or location where they can take photographs. If you do, try a slightly shady spot on an overcast day with no bright backlighting. What you want is a lovely, even, difuse lighting that will not cast any sharp shadows. That reduces any wrinkles and defects in the skin or makeup. Experiment until you find a system that gives you the right look to the photo. As the other girls have said, take 10 or 20, keep the best 1.

Sally