PDA

View Full Version : What if?

Kate Simmons
06-30-2006, 06:33 AM
What if the scientific community announced one day that they had pinned down a gene that gives certain people the tendency to be TG and the desires that go along with it? They announce they came up with a treatment for it in tablet or patch form. This treatment would eliminate any cravings to want to look or be like the opposite sex. Would you do it? I know my answer but will hold off until I hear from some of you. Ericka

kay_jessica
06-30-2006, 06:41 AM
Now thats a silly question. I for one would NOT take/use it. I like being Kay. Simple as that, I do not consider it an illness or condition it is just the way I am and the way I want to be.

~Kelly~
06-30-2006, 06:53 AM
That would be like giving Siamese twins a pill that makes them not want to be individuals.

tekla west
06-30-2006, 06:55 AM
you can't cure something that is not wrong. On the other hand, if they could invent a pill to stop people from voting republican...

Emily Ann Brown
06-30-2006, 07:40 AM
Well bring on the gunfire girls.....but as much as I love being me, I'd take it in a heartbeat so I could never again see the hurt in my wife's eyes.

Emily Ann

Julie Avery
06-30-2006, 07:46 AM
I wouldn't take it.

Kate Simmons
06-30-2006, 07:47 AM
I really asked the question to see what some would do, due to "pressures" from the family, friends, etc. I WAS the "perfect" husband, father and man. Fine for everyone else but always felt part of me was missing and I wasn't complete. I pursued the quest of finding out who I really am at the cost of most of my family and friends. If you look at the option, it could be tempting to some to become a "manly man" and someone who would be liked by others as such. As most have said so far though, why "fix" something that isn't broken? No "treatment" on earth(now or any time) could pursuade me to want to do that.Being who I am is too valuable to me. As Karren says, I'm enjoying the "best of both worlds" for now. I'm finding more about who I am every day and life is full of surprises sometimes. What will the future bring? Not sure but I feel it will be anything but dull. Being Ericka keeps me young to say the least. So, in my case anyway, the adventure continues.....Ericka

Stephenie S
06-30-2006, 08:16 AM
Wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole. I am having too much fun.

Lovies,
Stephenie

Helen MC
06-30-2006, 08:22 AM
Shoot the scientist and torch his lab!

Siobhan Marie
06-30-2006, 08:24 AM
I certainly wouldn't take it, in fact they can shove it where the sun doesn't shine!! Joking aside, I refuse to kill off what makes me, me.

:hugs: Anna x

Carroll
06-30-2006, 08:25 AM
Shoot the scientist and torch his lab!
Agreed!

michelle-h
06-30-2006, 08:33 AM
Thats a really tough question Ericka. I really enjoy being femme when I can. And my wife is starting to really get into it. But I am still pretty young, and I would have to consider the effects of my lifestyle on my family over the years. I wouldn't want to be cured or changed for myself. But if it would save my family heartache and difficulty in their lives, I would have to seriously consider it. Their happiness means a lot to me. And besides, if it worked, would I really miss what I had before? Hard to say. I guess its a moot point anyway. I guess I will burn that bridge if and when I have to cross it.

Michelle-H

bredalee25
06-30-2006, 08:51 AM
I wouldn't take it. I enjoy being fem way to much to stop now. Now if they came up with a pill to make people accept CD's or any other form of gender issues I'd be all for people taking it. So then I could walk down the street wearing my prettiest outfit and no one would mind. Yea I could deal with that for sure.

ttfn

Tiffy
06-30-2006, 08:52 AM
There is no way I would take it. Not after over 20 years of heart ache and almost killing myself. It would have been all for not. Oh hell no. I am me and that is that.

April Marie

Rickie
06-30-2006, 11:38 AM
No it would mean losing half of who I am.

EricaCD
06-30-2006, 12:16 PM
Nope, but if they had it in limited dosages I might lay in a short term stock to deal with periods where dressing isn't really practicable.

In the long term Erica is an important part of my identity. Not the only part; not the most important part. But why would I want to eradicate ANY part of my identity?

JoAnnDallas
06-30-2006, 12:17 PM
No way, I'm having too much fun being JoAnn, even if I am still in the closet so to speak.

yvonne10
06-30-2006, 12:19 PM
yes i would take it
i don't want to be like this but something inside me says you love dressing in womens clothes and the girlier the better i can not stop myself i am 44 years
old and i remember starting when i was about 4 years old it feels fantastic but i know they will never cure me:tongueout

eleventhdr
06-30-2006, 01:46 PM
Instead we need a real pill that will change our sex to the one we desire to be now that is what science need's to be working on.

How come they can not take female hormones from females and in pill form or something get then inside of us males who want to be girls changing us once and for all to our desired sex!:

not this I would take and right now!:

Jay Suzy!:

Jill
06-30-2006, 01:55 PM
No offense, but I think this thread is going to be a little reduntant. Already most people are saying "no way, not a chance" and I believe that most people will respond that way. This is me predicting the future and saving people time.

Michelle Ellis
06-30-2006, 02:45 PM
No question. I think Ericka might have suspected this outcome :p but for me... oh Hell no! I wouldn't take it, nor would I submit to a lobotomy, in case that were also offered :tongueout

Sonia_cd
06-30-2006, 02:47 PM
Personally, I just might take the treatment. Now I know I'll get a lot of flak for this but I have my reasons. One, it would certainly save me a lot of daily angst over dressing or the inability to dress. Second, no longer will I have to find a balance between how femme I can look without attracting attention while in drab. Three, getting into relationships would certainly be easier without the voice at the back of my head continuously reminding me of how desperately I want to wear the clothes my date is wearing instead of just saying how desperately I want to get her clothes off, period! (no offence to the GG's, just a manner of speaking :love: ) Four, I can indulge my desires to build a body and do heavy weights when I'm in the mood.

Now before you all pounce on me :D let me say how much fun I have dressing and how I love being a CD and how I laugh to myself when GG's tell me they hate high heels and how uncomfortable they are :D

Love,
Sonia

Mistybtm
06-30-2006, 02:52 PM
not sure if i would or not i like who i am and dressing gives me a nice calm over the daily drudge and pressures.
Mistybtm

Marla S
06-30-2006, 03:45 PM
This treatment would eliminate any cravings to want to look or be like the opposite sex. Would you do it?
Because it isn't only the attraction to look/be of the opposite sex, but also a feeling of being repelled by the attitudes of the own gender, a treatment like described wouldn't leave me with an empty brain or zombie like.
So, I have to say no.
On the other side, if the treatement would cause similar intens positive feelings towards the own gender ... I definetly would think about it.
Though, I'd miss the little and yet superficial insights in a womans live.

Dee 1062
06-30-2006, 09:02 PM
No...but I would take a pill that would transform and make me 100% woman......:)

Barb Valentine
06-30-2006, 09:08 PM
I wouldn't take it
I like who I am and what I'am

Jennaie
06-30-2006, 10:59 PM
Give me a pill that will cure me of being male, I'll take that one.

Jessica Brekke
07-01-2006, 02:29 AM
Add my name to the tiny list of people who would take it. I agree that this is all natural, and there's nothing 'wrong' with me, but it's caused me and my loved ones a world of pain, and may very well break up my family. I'd sacrifice anything to change all that.

older not wiser
07-01-2006, 02:40 AM
I'm with Dee, Jen and the other girls who would take the female pill. I love becoming the female that is deep inside me and is screaming to come out. In my case it just goes to show ya' that God does have a sense of humor.

Love; BonnieAnne :GE:

Toni
07-01-2006, 04:00 AM
Nope I wouldn't take that pill, but one I would take if they invented it is the one that gets rid of my beard and five oclock shadow.

Ms Alison Janes
07-01-2006, 04:24 AM
I agree with Toni on this one.