PDA

View Full Version : I don't like it....But

sara_also
06-30-2006, 02:35 PM
Three days ago my son and daughter in law moved into my home for a few months to get on their feet. For someone like me that is (oops..was) able
to dress anytime I wished, and even go out with my wonderful accepting wife.
It is now going to be very difficult to keep Sara in the closet. None of my family knows about Sara, and I am not sure I am able to keep her a secret for a long period of time. I have just recently made some CD friends and was
looking forward to going out more often dressed than I have in the past. I am sure this will give me a clearer understanding of those with unaccepting spouses, and the problems with not being able to dress whenever they wanted. None of Sara's clothes, wigs, or lingerie have been moved or hidden.
They are still in the closet and dressers as usual. If they discover some things that would peak their curiosity, I really don't know if I would be able fess up to my adult children. It is a wait and see situation. Thanks for letting me vent here, and hugs to all.
Sara

ava_bruna
06-30-2006, 02:59 PM
Im having about the same problem, my wife LET'S me do as I please including C Ding but my /our 2 aduly kid's dont know of it. I had my ear's done just last week and told them it was because of the ringing in my ear's and this was suppose to help, hehe ( LIE ):( but they believe it. some of Ava's dresses and nighties are in the closet and every time the daughter look's in for the wife im afraid she will see them and ask, she did find a box under the bed once and the wife said it was my sis in law's stuff who died a couple yr's ago. needless to say I ended up losing a few sexy thing's:(
My thing is, I dont mind telling them my Son our's came out to us the other day that he is GAY, all I said was "SO?" I knew cause he said it once before a few yr's ago and he is living with a guy so im no dummy, I was happy he told me as that gave me a reason to come out to him but wife was afraid the kid's would get pissed, so what? this is MY life too,and if I cant live the rest of it God know's how much longer, thern what the hey:( I dont think it would bother them any and it sure would make me happy not to have to hide the FACT anymore. so Hon, your not alone and neither am I.

Jamie M
06-30-2006, 03:00 PM
vent away sara . I have been in a similar situation last year when we took in a friend and her baby when her marriage broke down. It's a very difficult and brave thing to do and all credit is due to you for being kind enough to take them on. But do remember that whatever happens , it is your home and they should respect your lifestyle. I'm not saying you should do anything rash like coming out if you don't want to . What i am saying is that you shouldn't feel like you've got to hide sara away for the duration of their stay. If this means you ask them for an evening alone once in a while that's perfectly resonable .

Anyway , i hope you find a workable solution and that as welcome as their visit may be , let it be a brief one :)

JiveTurkeyOnRye
06-30-2006, 06:40 PM
Playing devil's advocate here, but, they are guests in your home, and it is through the goodness of your heart that they have somewhere to stay, but you are somewhat letting them dictate how you live in your own home.

Having no children, let alone adult children, I can't speak from the perspective of a parent to understand your fear. But from the POV of a 24 year old son, I would rather my father tell me something as important as his being a crossdresser than have him hide it from me. I alway find it tragic how often one generation doesn't even know it's own parents.

I'm not saying you should tell your son and then procede to dress as Sarah for the rest of their stay there. I came out to my father about Alyssa last summer, and he was very cool about it, but I have yet to let him see her. But he knows and it makes this whole thing I do feel so much less of a dark secret.

sara_also
06-30-2006, 06:49 PM
Hi Girls,
Thank you for your comments and support.It does help knowing there are others out there with the same type of situations. As I mentioned it has only been three days and I do not know what will happen. I will keep you informed
as much as I am able. Take Care Always
Sara

Connieminiskirts
07-01-2006, 12:35 AM
Sara,
I agree with Alyssa. It is your home, and they are guests. Recently when my own daughter told us she was moving back to Nv. (which didnt happen) She asked my wife, who is not her mother, if she and her 5 kids could stay with us for a few weeks until she could get ajob and her own place. Sue told her okay, BUT "Your dad is not going to change his life around and I wont ask him too. He does cd and you dont like it but you'll eoither have to accept it or stay elswhere. My daughter called my cell, told me this and I told her I had already spoken to my wife. I was not the one to make this decision, My wife was! She is my total 100% supporter and I dont argue with her about this or really much of anything. My daughter said, well okay, it is your house and it will only be for 2 or 3 weeks. I can live with that.
ANd beside that, she has never seen me dressed. Her children have, but not her.
Anyway I guess I am saying it is your house, and you shouldn't have the way you live and act dictated to you by those you are helping, whether they be family or friend. 0.02

Wenda
07-01-2006, 12:55 AM
Lots of good points already. It is your house and your life. If you feel you really need to make serious adaptations in order to accomdate them, and you are OK with that, fine. But, if it is infringing upon your lifestyle for more than 3 days, then those are not guests any longer, and they should be parepared to adapt, not you. good luck.

Kate Simmons
07-01-2006, 06:33 AM
Hi Sara, I have a similar situation. My Daughter and Son-in law moved in with me until they get on their feet. The difference here is they know about Ericka. I told them I would not dress in front of they overtly though but if they happen to "come across" Ericka, I'm not going to run and hide either. It is a bit restrictive compared to before, but I feel I'm doing my part to help them out. Hope all goes well with you. Love, Ericka

Josephine Bonne
07-01-2006, 10:05 AM
Hi Sara,

I do understand your plight; love and want to help the kids anyway that you can, yet we have so little time to spend on our selves. You sound like you may be ready to talk to your family, but do not know how. I sense this by the fact that you have left Sara stuff allmost in sight. What ever you decide to do will be the right choice for you! Good luck and please enjoy what ever opportunities life presents.
We have family visiting for a week at the end of the month, what a mixed bag; love to see them, but hate having to stick Josephine back into hidding where she spent way to many years. I found a thank you card the other day and gave it to my wife wanting to express my love and gratitude for her support it had a brief saying by Anais Nin "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom"

Olivia
07-01-2006, 10:52 AM
Sara, it's not that difficult to come out to your adult children. It's something that deserves much thoughtful consideration and in the end, the decision is yours to make. I came out to my two grown children and I'm so glad that I did. It made me feel great to finally be honest with them both and it was very affirming as a parent to see their fantastic reaction of understanding and total acceptance. They accepted me because after all, under it all, I was still just "dad" to them, and I still am. They were raised to be non-judging of people, to accept different lifestyles. It made me(and their mother) so proud to see how they handled my "big secret". Here's my story, if it helps you in any way:
http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6032
Take care Sara and good luck, I'll be thinking of you and your situation. Olivia

sara_also
07-01-2006, 01:42 PM
Sara, it's not that difficult to come out to your adult children. It's something that deserves much thoughtful consideration and in the end, the decision is yours to make. I came out to my two grown children and I'm so glad that I did. It made me feel great to finally be honest with them both and it was very affirming as a parent to see their fantastic reaction of understanding and total acceptance. They accepted me because after all, under it all, I was still just "dad" to them, and I still am. They were raised to be non-judging of people, to accept different lifestyles. It made me(and their mother) so proud to see how they handled my "big secret". Here's my story, if it helps you in any way:
http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6032
Take care Sara and good luck, I'll be thinking of you and your situation. Olivia

Olivia your story is very encouriging. I do have a large spread out family and am curious, if I told my children would they in turn spread the news to many others in the family. Just another thing to consider.
Thanks to all
Sara

Billie Renee
07-01-2006, 02:34 PM
My son and daughter in law has moved in with me and I told them ,my house my rules. I don't hide my dressing but my kids know I dress and that is something they have to deal with if they want to stay at my house.I've never been one to keep secerts and don't expect them to either.My daughter in law loves it because she says I have really lovely things and since we wear the same size she has borrowed a few of my dresses and thigs so she could go look for a job but she doesn't borrow with out asking. So it's up to you to lay down the rules in your house and just be yourself. hugs and good luck