PDA

View Full Version : Favorite and least favorite season for dressing

Jill
06-30-2006, 04:14 PM
I was thinking today, as a I was dressing and having a good old time, that I hated how hot it was, outside, in my apartment. I don't really like summer in general which led me to think that I prefer winter time not only as a guy but also for dressing. During the winter time, I can shave my legs and not worry at all about people seeing and wondering. In the summer I wear multiple pairs of hose to hide leg hair which makes it hotter. In the winter time if I'm dressing and I need to go outside for something, I can just take out my bra fillers, take off the skirt and shoes and just throw clothes over all of it and go do what I need and come back and continue with dressing without getting dressed and undressed. I definitely prefer to dress during the winter months instead the summer ones. What about everyone else?

DeniseNY
06-30-2006, 04:22 PM
I happen to love summer, where you get the freedom to wear just a little sundress and flats and just a bra and panties and you are fully dressed.

Fall, however, is my favorite month for dressing. It's not too hot or too cold.

Talon DeRojo
06-30-2006, 04:27 PM
Jill - I prefer the winter and cool weather, generally, for CDing. I can comfortably wear more clothing (like turtlenecks and tights or leggings) and, thus, not worry about body hair. I don't have the body to show a lot of skin. I like winter better in guy mode anyway. Plus, I can wear one of my pairs of knee-high leather boots that I love so much.
Talon:happy:

Sonia_cd
06-30-2006, 04:31 PM
To be honest, I don't really care what season it it. Part of that might have to do with the fact that I am still in the closet and hence, any dressing is great. But I try to imagine myself in a situation where I have the freedom to go out and although the realtive cool of winter makes for a comfortable dressing experience, I'd have to say I'd go with my need and impulse to dress rather than let it be dictated by weather. The only thing that would change is the style of clothing :D

I love dressing!!!!

Love,
Sonia

elizabeth nicole
06-30-2006, 04:40 PM
I dont care what time of the year i dress,i do it for the season.summer lite weight clothes no stockings and flats, winter anything i want to wear.Here in good old Texas it stays fairly nice even in the winter.but fall and spring are the best. Also being single and the GF does approve so i just dress the way i want to .:D

Toyah
06-30-2006, 04:45 PM
Cool weather is best for my dressing

Karren H
06-30-2006, 04:51 PM
Hate summer....have to pass as a male in shorts Yukkkkkkk!! Can't wait till fall and cooler weather. And the colder the more fem clothing I can wear....after all it's called crossdressing....not crossUNdressing!!! hehehe

Love Karren

Kimberley
06-30-2006, 04:52 PM
Summer, Fall, Winter or Spring. Who has the best sales? I think there are seasons that are "more convenient" like winter but this is probably more dependant on your personal comfort level of "going out".

Just my 0.02 0.02 worth.

Kimberley.

annekathleen
06-30-2006, 04:56 PM
I prefer the winter, because it gets darker sooner.
Ive gone out in public "dressed" only after dark, and the winter affords me more opportunities.

Caitlintgsd
06-30-2006, 05:00 PM
Winter cause I like to wear a lot of the darker colors.

Eugenie
06-30-2006, 05:04 PM
you get the freedom to wear just a little sundress and flats and just a bra and panties and you are fully dressed.

Actually during summer time I don't even wear a bra under my sundresses... Just panties.

So I do dress during summer time and get some thrill out of doing it. However it is only during colder weather that I can fully dress, with complete underwear, wig and makeup. Wearing a wig during summer isn't the most enjoyable experience in the world :rolleyes: and makeup is terrible when it is so hot outside.

:hugs:
Eugenie

connie rotten
06-30-2006, 05:05 PM
I love winter : it gets dark early , can wear layers of clothes and spend a great deal of time primping in each one , most of all wearing a dress on a cold night there is less need to gaff it is mother nature's natural tuck :heehee:
I hate spring the mud here is awfull.

Marla S
06-30-2006, 05:44 PM
Every day above 77° F (25 °C) is a bad day for dressing.

Lilith Moon
06-30-2006, 06:30 PM
I prefer any season to summer. Believe it or not, I actually like to wear coats or jackets when I go out femme, which is impossible in summer even in the UK

Lisa Marie
06-30-2006, 06:33 PM
I hardly ever dress in the summertime cause also im a heavy sweater. I prefer the fall and wintertime to really dress and be the woman I wish I could have been.

VeronicaMoonlit
06-30-2006, 07:11 PM
I prefer the winter, because it gets darker sooner.
Ive gone out in public "dressed" only after dark, and the winter affords me more opportunities.

I've joked that crossdressers are like vampires. :-)

Veronica
Rondelle (Ron) Rogers Jr.

Elon
06-30-2006, 07:38 PM
I just do must of my crossdressing between September thur March. You can wear whatever you want. And it gets dark sooner so I have more time to go out in drag. Summer is just to hot and I SWEAT alot.

Dee 1062
06-30-2006, 08:59 PM
fall: the cool weather,

Stephenie S
06-30-2006, 11:49 PM
Summer!!
I love the lighter clothing. Winter in northern New England can be just brutal.

Steph

Barb Valentine
06-30-2006, 11:52 PM
To me this is one advantage I have
I'm in the closet it doesn't matter what season it is

vcutenyc
07-01-2006, 12:05 AM
mine is fall/winter. i like the fashions that come out for those seasons better than summer. Summer is too bare for me. I need coverage lol!

sterling12
07-01-2006, 12:12 AM
Hi Everybody:

Well, is the glass half empty or half full? Just about everybody seems to prefer Fall and Winter and you think summertime is a bummer!

I like all the seasons although we seem to miss about 3 of them here in Florida. All we have: 1. Sort of Hot, 2.Really hot and humid, 3. Hotter than Hell! That's for about 10 months out of the year.

Anyway, I suggest you take the summer and turn it into a positive/opportunity thing. It's a great time to wear one of those little abbreviated summer dresses. Something in very light chiffon or crepe. Or, a drop-dead halter dress. Hey, you can't really wear that type of outfit in the dead of winter! You Yankees save the "layered look" for your annual Ice Age in January.

Yes, you will have to shave your legs to wear short-shorts but at least half the men I play golf with, are missing all hair on their legs....and they probably aren't CD's.

I've got a Tri-Ess meeting Saturday Evening and we are having a B-B-Q for The 4th. I've got a cute little Hilfinger Orange and White sleeveless number that will work just fine in the hot weather, and we gurl's are gonna "party hearty". Now all I have to do is figure out how to keep the makeup from running. Hmmm, perhaps clear-coat Krylon over the top! Happy 4th of July everybody.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Calliope
07-01-2006, 12:38 AM
Always summer. I've always felt more fem wearing the least amount of clothes. I'm also in better shape - especially my hands, which winter assualts worse each year. Winter coats, gloves and all that - it's like being wrapped in burlap. I started CDing seriously in Tampa Florida (82 degrees 300 days a year) 20 years ago but now, alas, I'm in Maine. Warm wather has always made me more frisky.

tekla west
07-01-2006, 01:08 AM
Well in SF summer is colder than winter (true fact), but I like the black velvet of the cold days and the skimpy sundresses for the hot ones. I even like my ski stuff which a friend of mine thinks I stole from Barbie. But I really like that when I'm done on the slopes I can drive out of the mountians and spend the next day on the beach.

Ms Alison Janes
07-01-2006, 05:12 AM
I love the summer when I can get out in the garden in my light summer dresses and bikinis.

Kate Simmons
07-01-2006, 06:17 AM
Well to tell the truth Jill, my favorite season for dressing is Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall. My least favorite season is never. I have a wardrobe for all year round and love being Ericka all year. Each season brings it's own unique experiences and challenges. Ericka

patti
07-01-2006, 10:33 PM
Hi Jill!

I am like you - I like the Cooler, Winter and Fall months to dress. Wearing pantyhose everyday during the Winter is absolutely FANTASTIC> keeping my legs shaved and such is a GREAT thing in the Cool months. Can't wait for October at this point. Also like you - PANTYHOSE Forever!!!!

Patti

CDLauraNJ
07-01-2006, 10:46 PM
I like Fall/Winter for all of the same reasons. I can shave my legs without too much hassle. I don't melt while dressed. I love going outside at night and feeling the cool air on my legs!

LauraKCD
07-01-2006, 11:07 PM
Winter is best for me because it gives me the chance to shave, and paint my toenails. Can't do that in the summer as I'm always wearing shorts and deck shoes with no socks.

connie rotten
07-02-2006, 11:50 AM
Summer!!

Steph i love brutal

Marcia-B
07-08-2006, 04:40 PM
Why does anyone have to wear shorts in summer? I went to India and nobody was wearing shorts just long baggy trousers.I never wear shorts, I don't feel properly dressed in shorts.

lisa92268
07-08-2006, 04:57 PM
As much as i love the cute summer clothes for women, fall and winter are much cooler while wearing a wig!

adrea
07-08-2006, 05:04 PM
Summer!!

Steph
Well, I haven't had the chance to do CD inEngland, as I usually visit very "respectable" friends when I am there. But athough in the cold you can wear a lot of things you can't wear in the warmth, I must agree that in the Noothern England winter it probably wouldn't make much difference what you wear. You wouldn't be able to tell the difference between male or female clothing anyway in that sort of weather. Seriously though, the really pretty things that make me feel feminine are not usually very warm. It need not be as hot though as it is at the moment.

Sindy
07-09-2006, 12:07 AM
I am a fall/winter gal myself. I do not shave my legs and perfer multiple pairs of hose to cover the hair.

Melora
07-09-2006, 05:51 AM
Fall and winter..
Being quite private.. I like to take nature walks in Hose and Long Sweaters whenever I get the chance especially when it is cold out and very few are around..I gotta WATCH out for backwards RedNeck Hunters though..They may want to SHOOT a girl like me.

Raychel
07-09-2006, 06:10 AM
If I actually had the courage to step out the door I would have to say the cooler months are the best times for Raychel to strut her stuff. But I am an indoor cat for the time being and it doesn't really matter what season it is. If it is too hot, then just turn on the Air Conditioner. But for me in general, I could care less if I ever see another winter.

Deidra Cowen
07-09-2006, 08:40 AM
I dislike the summer the most because down here in Atlanta it gets so freaking hot! I still go out but its a pain in the bootie sometimes keeping the makeup looking decent, especially while out shopping on a sunny day.

But I love Winter, Fall and most of the spring!

Angie G
07-09-2006, 09:47 AM
My wife knows I dress sometimes I go in the yeard but I don't go out dressed
so the time of year is of no matter to me I'm happy all year long. :happy:
Angie G.

SamanthaS
07-09-2006, 11:28 AM
I too prefer to dress more during the winter months.

Marg Lindenwald
07-09-2006, 11:55 AM
And just think Samantha I was going to ask you to come to Florida and frolic< oh well they don't have snow there sorry.

Hugs and Squeezes MargLindenwald

Leilani68
07-10-2006, 03:42 AM
I like anytime of the year as far as dressing goes, but I would lean slightly
more towards the freedom of summer.........:)

ronda
07-10-2006, 04:11 AM
i like cooler weather thigh highs are to hot in the summer and my grandson want me to swim with him all summer so i can't do my toe nails. :hugs: :love: :happy: :D

Sky
07-12-2006, 06:16 PM
I definitely prefer to dress during the winter months instead the summer ones. What about everyone else?

I absolutely hate summer. Bad for makeup, bad for body imperfections, bad for everything.

In fact I'm a seasonal cd. Right now I'm not dressing up and I won't until fall comes.

Sherrie
07-12-2006, 06:21 PM
Well I live in Florida so it is really only 2 seasons. Summer which is very long, and what I call Sprall (Spring, and Fall together). So it really doesnt matter to me. I dress all year long, and stay shaven all year long. Just gives me more to wear.

Katie Boundary
07-13-2006, 05:23 AM
Summer is definitely the worst season for me, and all because of hair. There's not enough on my head so I have to wear a wig, and there's too much on my body* so I have to wear opaque stockings (nice ones, though!) :straightface:

*I can't shave it off because my gf likes it (and my CDing, luckily :D ). And anyway, it's everywhere, so where would I stop?

danielle d
07-13-2006, 06:29 AM
this is my first summer of totally dressing with make up ,wigs and breastforms.i can't wait until it cools off some.the wigs keep the heat in and makes my makeup run ecspecially above my lips.i like to where business suits but they get very hot with the jacket on.
danielle d

gennee
07-13-2006, 09:13 AM
I like the summer because I don't wear pantyhose or stockings and I like bare legs. Spring would be the season because the weather fluctuates so much.

Gennee

Melinda G
07-13-2006, 11:13 AM
I prefer Fall. But in the warmer months, I love to wear a thong, sandals, and a silky chemise or slip, and go for walks in the woods. Flats are nice too. Got to make the most of all seasons.
I usually keep myself shaved, but I let the hair grow out for a couple weeks, for various occasions, and events I have to go to. Then it feels even better to shave it all off, after it has gotten somewhat long. The contrast is much greater, than keeping it shaved.