PDA

View Full Version : My Ugly toes

Leggy Ashley
07-01-2006, 01:44 PM
Hi ladies,
I know i have been gone a while just moved to Fayetteville (Fort Bragg) NC.
I was wondering...
i have got some uncooperative toenails. they just dont want to grow out long enough for me to get a french pedicure like i adore.
i have tried those glue on acrylics from walmart.
they suck.
i was wondering...
A.) do they make gel toenails like they do gel fingernails, and
b.) anyone know of any one around the nc area that would do them

Thanks gals.

Kisses,
delighla

DanaJ
07-01-2006, 02:09 PM
My advice is to get a professional pedicure, you can do this as a male pedicure if you are nervous. A good nail tech will bring out the best that your toes can achieve :)

GG Vanya
07-01-2006, 04:46 PM
I'm not sure about NC, but I know for certain that the nail techs in FL and in Louisiana do gel nails for the toes. Ladies all over the Tampa Bay area have toe nails almost as long as their fingernails. (Of course you can almost wear sandals year 'round there, but trying to wear full shoes with those has GOTTA hurt!)

Leggy Ashley
07-01-2006, 08:01 PM
thanks now thati know they do them maybe i can find someone to do them

DanaJ
07-01-2006, 08:27 PM
May I add a word of caution here? It is OK to put artificial nails on your toes (gels, acrylics, etc) but most ladies that do those keep them in sandals (i.e. out in the open) most of the time. The danger in getting these for toes and keeping shoes on is the danger of getting "greenies", a very nasty fungal infection that gets between the nail enhancement and natural nail. These are easier to get on toes, due to wearing shoes and keeping the toes in a dark, damp enviroment - where fungal infections thrive.

Just wanted to add a word of caution, sometimes I think my advice is not listened to here,..... and finding a good gel tech is going to be pretty hard, especially for toes. Acrylics may be easier, but please - make sure you go to a reputable salon - with licensed nail techs.

Leggy Ashley
07-01-2006, 08:37 PM
thanks danaj. they are just driving me so darn nuts.
i want pretty toes:sad:

Karren H
07-01-2006, 10:10 PM
Hi ladies,
I know i have been gone a while just moved to Fayetteville (Fort Bragg) NC.
I was wondering...
i have got some uncooperative toenails. they just dont want to grow out long enough for me to get a french pedicure like i adore.
i have tried those glue on acrylics from walmart.
they suck.
i was wondering...
A.) do they make gel toenails like they do gel fingernails, and
b.) anyone know of any one around the nc area that would do them

Thanks gals.

Kisses,
delighla

First Kiss makes stick-on toe nails just like the stick-on finger nails. Saw then at wal-mart.....

And my toe nails are ugly until I paint them and then they are soooo cute!! hehehe

Love Karren

robyn1114
07-01-2006, 11:35 PM
I spent 8 yrs in fayetteville (Pope) I'm so sorry. There are several nice nail salons in the area that are wonderful.

Rickie
07-02-2006, 11:00 AM
DanaJ, I bet I've come pretty close to reading all your threads on makeup and other things. I have found a ton of good info your post. I just wanted you to know that there is a least one person listening.