PDA

View Full Version : how to get of the fear

jamiesnj
07-01-2006, 04:55 PM
I was just wondering how everyone gets over their fear of being seen in public. I went to a gay night club last night dressed and there was some gg's sitting outside smoking and I lost my nerve and went home.

Kate Simmons
07-01-2006, 05:19 PM
Ah, GG's don't bite, Hon. Some of my best friends are lesbians. They always tell me how nice I look and that they admire the fact that I have the courage to be myself. Maybe you should try talking to them next time. Most of them are pretty cool. Plus they will usually be nice as they know their GF is safe as you are not a threat. Take care, Ericka

Angie G
07-01-2006, 06:19 PM
I have a lesbian for a helper on my machine at work she is one of the beat people you want to meet so dont run away next time most of them will talk to you.
Angie G.

Marla S
07-01-2006, 06:26 PM
I was just wondering how everyone gets over their fear of being seen in public.
One thing is practice.
Another thing might be to take little steps.
Maybe you shouldn't dress completaly at first. Maybe start with some makeup just to feel still comfortable and strong enough if you are seen. Then look what happens. Next time a bit more etc. Someday you will find your comfort level and get rid of the fear. As said in another thread CDing is no competition and there is nowhere written that you have to dress up to the nines.

Jodi Lynn
07-01-2006, 06:31 PM
Just take your time sis. Someday you will be able to go out with your head high and proud of who you are.

JiveTurkeyOnRye
07-01-2006, 11:03 PM
Don't be so sure that they're lesbians. At the bars here that gay guys go to you're more likely to find straight girls than lesbians. They have their own clubs/bars. Though, that's where I'd be more likely to go if I ever went out.

Calliope
07-02-2006, 12:24 AM
Maybe you shouldn't dress completaly at first. Maybe start with some makeup just to feel still comfortable and strong enough if you are seen. Then look what happens.

I have found this to be true. (After all, few GGs go out ready to take on Marilyn Monroe.) Just a touch here and there helps build up the nerves.

Maria2004
07-02-2006, 01:05 AM
You don't get over "fear" , you learn how to deal with it. Once you learn how to deal with fear it's your best friend since it stops you from becoming complacent.

Love

Maria

trannie T
07-02-2006, 01:14 AM
That's why I came up with this signature line. It takes some courage to wear a dress in public, as time goes by it becomes easier and easier but there is still some apprehension involved. When I go out I've found that my greatest danger is the Style Police but even they have not discouraged.

Be brave and do it.

Zelda Noe
07-02-2006, 01:26 AM
Hi Jamie :wave2:

The fear is in our heads...not theirs.

What helped me in public was going out with another person. It is a confidence builder. Still...my knees were knocking. I've only been in public twice, first time I walked with a TS friend of mine to a hair salon, walked past a bunch of teenage girls (one girl laughed). Okay, I can live with that.

The second time out...an indoor mall and into an indoor movie theater, fully in view of people in the concession stand area, as we waited to buy popcorn and sodas. No one commented anything to us at all, yes, we got some looks, but no rudeness. Made me feel much better.

Most people are not thinking about us, what we are thinking is that they might be thinking about us. We create our own fears alot.

Walk through the fear, try going out again, this time do one of two things, go in the bar, have a drink, watch the show, or ask the girls outside how they think you look? Accept any constructive criticism they give you and learn from it to adapt your femme image even more mature looking. If you feel too nervous to go alone, ask a straight friend, or a crossdressing or a TS friend to go with you.

Have fun, don't bother anyone, and most of the time they won't bother you either. Some people laugh, some stare, some comment, some congratulate, the girls usually are amazed, some like it. Interesting huh, how much attention one little ole CD can enjoy.

Congratulations on your first try anyway. Keep plugging past your fears.

Dandy :happy: