PDA

View Full Version : How do you work better M or W

nuffsaid
11-28-2004, 10:34 AM
Hi group. I know I’ve been gone for a while so I guess I’m back now. You know?, People are especially busy this time of year. Maybe it's because of the changing seasons or there’s something in the air, but it makes them buy a lot of stuff and in the process there are a lot more work for people to do. So to keep up (and in the process keep your job) you find yourself working late just to clear your desk. And then it happens, things are just dumped on you from all sides.
There are deadlines to be met from the bigwigs upstairs that wants everything done by last week when they just put it on your desk today.
Then there’s dealing with the jerks on the other side of the phone that either got your orders wrong or dealing with the idiot the placed your orders in the first place because he can’t read.
Then there’s the backstabbers that supported you all the way and then dumped their support at the last moment leaving you to rot (but always there when things go right claiming their pivotal roll in the success of the project)
And then there’s becoming the jerk because you find your self yelling at people that didn’t deserve it because they were just there when you wanted to vent.
There’s a lot of frustration that comes with it this time of year too.

When I finally had some time off I hardly had time to be my other self and it got me thinking, “Do I work better as a man or a woman?” Hmmm….?
When I’m a man I’m more focused, determined and driven than I would be as my other half. Sometimes I see myself as Thor with my hammer in hand because at times I need to take control of situations, to get the job done. The higher-ups love my work but at the same time don’t condone the way I go about getting it done and I find myself walking a very thin line that keep getting redrawn.
Will I be able to do the same thing as a woman? As a woman I would feel that I have to pay more attention to my demeanor to get people to do things for you without being called the company’s bitch. As a man I depend on fear to get people to move so how will I act? I’ve thought about it and I really don’t know.

Any Thoughts?

Sharon
11-28-2004, 11:54 AM
I'm fortunate to be able to work at home, only dealing face-to-face with clients as a last resort. I'm almost always (okay..., always) Sharon when I write. My style doesn't change, but I'm much more relaxed and therefore more productive.

Tristen Cox
11-28-2004, 04:01 PM
:eek: oops answered your other thread dear. There I go not paying attention :rolleyes: Sowwy love

Rachel Elizabeth
11-29-2004, 12:08 PM
I am as productive in either gender.

I think that I would network better if female. As male, I could care less but know it has to be done.

I come into work on the weekends as female and always get a lot done. Besides, it feels so much better.

hugs..... :cool:

babe4life
11-29-2004, 01:44 PM
I work in IT, but also play a coordinating role on several projects. I do work with a lot of women so I tend to use my female side substantially more often than I do the male side. But then, I don't have much of a male side to use :)

I have had few complaints so far about my work, except that I am maybe a little too fast ... :o. What they mean is that I tend to jump straight in and work without first making sure that the others have actually done their work properly ... LOL

Love,
Vicky

Krissi
11-29-2004, 02:00 PM
As far as work itself, I can't come to work enfemme, but I'd assume it would be just like when I try and do housework dressed...I get nothing done, too busy checking myself out, enjoying the feeling of certain garments and such.

Carrissa
11-29-2004, 02:06 PM
Wife says in bed work better as woman!

Jerry
11-29-2004, 06:32 PM
I work in the field on construction jobs most of the time, so not much option there. But I do some work from home from time to time (bad weather) making phone calls, updating reports, doing my computer work.

I love to be dressed when I do this. When I do, I really get into my work and love to have a secret that those on the other end of the line don't know. :D

But I can also be pretty distracted. I will often want to change outfits and spend too much time in front of the mirror.

So it's a toss up.

Jerry

sky0629
11-29-2004, 08:29 PM
myself as a person who deal with people or clients i'm a nice guy. also can get the job done just don't get in the way. if your going to help, then help. if your going to watch while i work well i get a little s*#tie and you got to go. and if i was in fem i don't think the boss would come out of his office. he would afraid of me. but i would be a hot bitch i guess.

SatinSarah
11-30-2004, 03:28 AM
I don't have an option with my job - need to be at work ina suit every day. I have worked at home before and dressed but because of the novelty i didn't get much work done - every few minutes I would go and change into something else to see what it was like to work wearing..... So spent the day lokking at myself in the mirror or changing and wearing glamour to sit at a computer to type!

nuffsaid
12-01-2004, 12:04 AM
Thanks for being honest about it but, Those who answered that they can deal with it, I was wondering how?
I mean you have to think and act differently when asking a person to do something without comming off too strong. How would you manage the balance between your aggressive and passive sides without being the bad bad girl. I've known some women(GG's) that when they have to deal with men afterwards they find themselves wanting to rip out their throaths'.