PDA

View Full Version : Feminine Men and "Macho" Women

patti
07-01-2006, 10:53 PM
I have always been fascinated with the thought of Gender role reversal - with men and Boys being "Prissy" and Ultra Feminine, while being Paired with Women that do Traditionally Masculine Activities, or Feminine Boys hanging around with Tomboys. I was just wondering what others on this Forum though about the reversal of the Gender Roles.
Does anyone think that that could be a possibility for some in the Future and such?

Patti:heehee:

Calliope
07-01-2006, 11:16 PM
'Women's lib' (early 70's) coincided with the cascading recession and inflation and, presto, like the Soviets a generation earlier, women were needed to help support their men, plus (with lower job skills) keep wages down. In my marriage, the free market has cast a very powerful influence. The missus got in on the crest of the computer biz (classic Clinton 90's) while I faltered at human services. When she started earning real money (and got pregnant), I became the housewife with the kids. Our roles have been locked in thusly for a decade now. She has become increasingly 'the guy' (sloppy attire, shop talk, prefers movies to intimate contact, etc.) while I have become increasingly 'the woman' (wishing for more 'together time,' learning how to mediate conflicting emotions within the family, domestic work, etc.) - which really put the warp drive on my prior history of crossdressing. I hope someday to get a professional portrait of us with our corresponding garb.

patti
07-01-2006, 11:25 PM
hi Daytripper!
Oh the Wonderful 70's and the Advent of Women's Lib> I remember as a young boy wishing the women and girls were going to Completely Takeover, and us boys would end up in mini Skirts and makeup and be the Helpers in Society, while the women and girls became the Providers. I still remember in the Sears catalog, the Introduction og Tights and Bodyshirts and Bodysuits for men, as well as purses and Clogs. If only the "Movement" would have gained momentum, where we could be today!!!

Oh well - maybe someday!!

Patti

Calliope
07-01-2006, 11:39 PM
Hi, Patti.

There have been a few maninstream attempts to bring skirts into male fashion, some big labels tested the waters; I believe Tom Cruise (previous to his current weird image) publically wore one on occasion. Anyway, I've always been a girly boy whatever I'm wearing and times have changed radically since the 70's. Just today, right after enjoying a major splurge on Goodwill skirts, I saw (and subsequently met) a CD on a Portland ME steet, decked out in pointie bra and goth skirt - and no one, absolutely no one, on a busy Saturday morning, even gave her a look (except me). Talk about empowering, I went out en fem this eve to some downtown bars and danced my rump off; sure enough, only GGs bothered to look.

Kate Simmons
07-02-2006, 08:33 AM
Role reversal are us, Hon. I live what you describe on a day to day basis between my two aspects of Richard and Ericka. EKR

Marla S
07-02-2006, 08:37 AM
Does anyone think that that could be a possibility for some in the Future and such?

We are half way there. The only thing missing is that feminine men and feminine styled men are accepted.