PDA

View Full Version : Transformation shops

Nicola46
07-02-2006, 02:58 AM
Has anyone had any recent visits to Transformation in London? I really want to go along for a changeaway I think they are called. If you have could you let me know how it went and would you go again?

Gemma Rhodes
07-02-2006, 03:29 AM
I can only go on what I have read on forums likes this but the general concensous (?) is that they are overpriced and a waste of money and there are far better dressing services in London, like The Boudoir or Pandora De Pledge.

Gemma xx

Kieron Andrew
07-02-2006, 04:05 AM
I wouldnt touch Transformations change-away with a barge poll and that is putting it lightly, they are over-priced second hand shoddy cheap clothes and wigs, and i wouldnt give Stephaine Lloyd the pleasure of my money!..............as gemma said if you REALLY want to shell out loads of money then Pandora's Pledge or The boudoirs in london are the places to go or if you are closer to blackpool there is The birdcage, which ive been told is a wonderful experience to be had, but i do warn you these things dont come cheap, and in my opinion if you dont have the money but you have the confidence you would be better going to somewhere like Debenhams and doing their personal shopper which can be soooooo much fun if you take a friend!

Lilith Moon
07-02-2006, 06:34 AM
Here is a hotel that is used by Transformation for their changeaway weekends.

http://www.tv-hotel.co.uk/

Nice idea, but check the prices. I live about 30 minutes from this one.

Kieron Andrew
07-02-2006, 06:36 AM
Here is a hotel that is used by Transformation for their changeaway weekends.

http://www.tv-hotel.co.uk/

Nice idea, but check the prices. I live about 30 minutes from this one.

0.02oooh i forgot about this one!, another of Stephanies great idea's to cash in on the trans community!!! (does anyone think i have a problem with her lol)

Tina Dixon
07-02-2006, 07:29 AM
oooh i forgot about this one!, another of Stephanies great idea's to cash in on the trans community!!! (does anyone think i have a problem with her lol)

I don't see any problem:heehee:

Angela Burke
07-02-2006, 07:47 AM
I've been in their shops in London & Newcastle but never
bought anything.
They seem to be taking advantage of shy CDrs by marking
up womens clothes to rediculous prices,
I remember looking at very plain panties priced at almost £15!
Some of the claims made in their catalogues are just plainly
ludicrous!

Kieron Andrew
07-02-2006, 07:48 AM
I don't see any problem:heehee:LOL Tina i just despise anyone that cash's in on the trans community for their own gain, like we are some kind of freak show that can be ripped off or dont mind being ripped off, her products have been proven to be shoddy, over priced and basically crap!, and being that she is trans herself and obviously started somewhere you would think she would know better, but all she has done is to cash in and become a millionaire on other people's vulnerability and inexperience, rather than help the trans community at large, i will NOT ever recommend someone to her shops or organisations!

Bev06 GG
07-02-2006, 07:56 AM
I have to agree with what Kieron has said Steve,
I do have to be careful here because I run a makeup and dressing service myself so I dont want it to sound like professional jealousy, but their prices are definitely an attempt to exploit the ~CD community. I do not charge any more for a CD than I do for a GG, why should I. The only thing that I have to use more of is shadow cover and then thats debateable, some women have blemishes etc to cover which can take some time and effort to mask for pics.
If you do go, I doubt if you will go again. I think those sort of prices are a once in a lifetime treat. Even the birdcage and others come abit pricey, altho I do understand from talking to some of the girls, they do offer a much better service and more value for money.
Take care
BEVxxxx

Shelly Preston
07-02-2006, 08:05 AM
Having visited two of there shops, I found the staff very friendly and helpful

Beware They are expensive

These shops should only really be used as a last resort.

You will be able to find the same items elsewhere

Compare pices online before doing anything

Nikki Dee
07-02-2006, 08:08 AM
Transformation.????....Don't touch them.!!!! over priced rip-off.!!
Nikki. x

Kieron Andrew
07-02-2006, 08:14 AM
Nikki. xwell that was a very quick way of saying what i said only it took me two posts lol, i need to not be so emotionally charged lol

Bev06 GG
07-02-2006, 08:14 AM
Nikki. x
Thats what I love about you Nikki, your straight to the point no messing. Tee hee. Love ya
BEVxxxx

Kieron Andrew
07-02-2006, 08:20 AM
If you REALLY feel you MUST go to a dressing service, i would out of any chose Pandora pledge...........http://www.pandoradepledge.com/
or Pauline at the birdcage who is most approachable and her place is set in the most lovely of grounds for pics..........http://www.bryany.demon.co.uk/
or you could always travel to see our very own LOVELY, SWEET bev lol

Bev06 GG
07-02-2006, 08:22 AM
or you could always travel to see our very own bev lol
Aww Kieron how nice, but you missed a word out, Its our very own LOVELY bev. Tee hee.
Take care
BEVxxxx

Kieron Andrew
07-02-2006, 08:26 AM
Aww Kieron how nice, but you missed a word out, Its our very own LOVELY bev. Tee hee.
Take care
BEVxxxxI changed it oh sweet one lol

Toyah
07-02-2006, 08:40 AM
Following the above I am one of those who used to get ripped of by Transformation, they are very expensive quite shoddy and quite frankly their makeovers are nothing special.
As for Bev (sorry sweet Bev) she is extremly reasonably priced does a very good job even on this ugly old broad and is lovely as well:thumbsup:

Marcia-B
07-02-2006, 10:14 AM
I have not had the makeover but have been shopping there and it cost me a lot of money.The manager really pressurises you to buy things and I felt so pressurized that I was actually apologizing for not buying certain items.
Many of the items are defective.Poorly stitched undies.Some of the shoes are poorly made and too expensive.
There are very few fashionable clothes in the shop.Most of the clothes are either tarty or fetish.There is very little everyday wear.
The size range is very poor.I have thrown away quite a few transformation products as they ar so poor.My little toe has a big blister from walking about two miles in their shoes.(I blame them):tongueout.
I have seen someone who had a makeover and it wasn't very good.
Boudoir girls look better, though I have never been.
Now I shop in ordinary shops I have little need for Transformation but it might not be a bad thing to get you started.

Have a look at www.tatt4trannies.co.uk.

Susan Johnson
07-02-2006, 10:56 AM
At least this site is honest

GG Vanya
07-02-2006, 11:51 AM

Gawd! LOL, I swear I'm not blonde, but I'm embarassed to admit it took me a bit to realize this web site is a hilarious spoof!

Billijo49504
07-02-2006, 01:04 PM
What a hoot, I kinda caught on, when I saw the paper mache implants. I agree with Bev, it shouldn't cost much more for males then females. Here Merl Norman charges $5 more for men. Because of beard coverage, That is for a one time makeup, for a special occasion..:hugs: ..BJ

Nicola46
07-02-2006, 03:11 PM
Well Ive certainly opened a can of worms here, and it looks like I will have to try somewhere else to get my frilly fix. thanks for the tip girls.

carol ann
07-02-2006, 07:01 PM
I am another one who would never go near Transformations (nor indeed any specialialist CD shops again). I found the one in london near Euston overpriced for everything and the clothes trashy. for example a wig that could be obtained at a shop catering for females at about £35 was £115 in Trnsformation while size 10 shoes availble At Branto for £30 were £75 in Transformation.

I tried the dressing up sevice some years ago and spent £55 for a two hour session. The clothes were poor and unatractive and I felt totally alien to the experience. in Birmingham all the clothes smelled of cigarettes.

Just have the courage to go into shops or stores that caters for women. it really is the way to go.

Dragster
07-02-2006, 08:18 PM
I did go to Transformation, Manchester, for a changeaway about 2 years ago, when I knew no better, and it was before I found this site. Yes it was expensive, but it was the first (and only) time I've been fully femme and had the opportunity to wear a wig and full make-up, so I was very happy to spend the 4 hours being "transformed" by a sympathetic GG. She was young, and new to the job, but we both really enjoyed the experience, and had a great laugh. I even picked out several other items to try on while I had the lingerie on; the short PVC maid's dress and thigh high 5" patent stilettoes really got my pulse going!
I had previously visited the Manchester and Birmingham shops just for a look round, and I found the staff most friendly. They really put me at my ease (I must have looked petrified!) and even laced me into a corset for the first time, just to try it on. There was no pressure to buy, and I did think that there was not much I would have wanted anyway, especially at their quality and prices. So I won't be going back.

Tony