PDA

View Full Version : I never knew shopping was so much fun

Katiegirl
11-28-2004, 04:15 PM
I decided during the week it was time to put the finishing touches to Katie, she was in desperate need of it. I have been ordering underwear on the internet from a shop called Doreen Fashions and I saw on their site they were opening Sundays until Christmas. I phoned them on Friday regarding a wig and they convinced me to travel to their shop as I wouldn't know if it suited me until I tried it.

I travelled up early as it was a 3 hour journey to London and arrived not long after they opened. I had a wonderful 3 hours there, the staff were excellent and I now know why girls get a kick out of shopping. They don't have many skirts or dress's on the internet but they had plenty there, so after I had chosen Katies Wig (short blonde one) I tried a number of items, they all fitted me perfectly (size 18) including some trousers. (I have short legs so my drab trousers have to be shortened.) After a time I finally went away with the wig, 2 skirts, 4 tops, pants and a dress, as well as a few essential make up items.

Katie is now on a high, feeling every inch a woman, the make up is not too bad for the first time but a lot of practise will be needed before she thinks of going out. Will try and post a picture soon if I can figure out the timer on my digital camera.

Do any of you girls go on a high when shopping?

Julie
11-28-2004, 04:27 PM
Katie, I'm glad you found your 3 hour trip to Doreen Fashions so productive, I live about 4 miles from them but haven't been yet. Next time I go to Walthamstow I shall stop off at Lea Bridge Road and call in there.

For those of you close enough , taking into account Katie's 3 hour trip here's a link to them.

http://www.doreenfashions.com/

JJ

Katiegirl
11-28-2004, 04:39 PM
Julie, I would at least try it the staff, as I said very good and the prices are not that high and they have been trading for a number of years- you might find something.

:)

Wendy me
11-28-2004, 06:18 PM
katie you have been bitten by the shopping bug no cure don't try to stop let loose enjoy

Bernadina
11-28-2004, 06:52 PM
Katie, I'm glad you found your 3 hour trip to Doreen Fashions so productive, I live about 4 miles from them but haven't been yet. Next time I go to Walthamstow I shall stop off at Lea Bridge Road and call in there.

For those of you close enough , taking into account Katie's 3 hour trip here's a link to them.

http://www.doreenfashions.com/

JJ
It looks like a bit of a trek from where we normally stay in London, which is near Lancaster Gate tube station. However, it will make a bit of a change from our usual Oxford Street shopping crawl.