PDA

View Full Version : Signalling other crossdressers

JoanDDD
07-02-2006, 05:30 PM
I was just curios, is there a common sign or signal used to notify other crossdressers in public that you are one, also, in addition to being the best looking girl in the area?+?

Joy Carter
07-02-2006, 05:33 PM
Signal+? Like looking like a guy in a dress+? Hmmmmm can't think of a one +? :tongueout

Phyliss
07-02-2006, 05:35 PM
Yes there is: but first you gotta have at least 1000 postings on here and then you're allowed into "The Secret Society" :D
Seriously, there isn't any special handshake or anything like that.
Most people won't give themself away when in drab and if fully dressed, well....

Jennaie
07-02-2006, 06:00 PM
Pat them on the bottom and say, "Hi Veronica", if they smile, it's a crossdresser, if they don't, apoligize and say, I'm sorry miss, I thought you were someone else. :happy:

Emeralddragon
07-02-2006, 06:22 PM
Oh theres ways...... ;)

serinalynn
07-02-2006, 06:44 PM
some times you will know and somtimes you wont. I don't as a rule go out looking for crossdressers, as a rule other people you meet at the mall or beach or other public place are to wrapped up in their own business to care about what you ar wearing, just be your self and mind your own business. if one Identifies himswelf as a crossdresser, then you have a new best friend.

Kimberly
07-02-2006, 06:46 PM
Yes there is: but first you gotta have at least 1000 postings on here and then you're allowed into "The Secret Society" :D.
WHERE THE HELL IS MY INVITE?!

... hmpf. :mad:

Eleanor
07-02-2006, 06:49 PM
as for secret societies one Eleanor is an member.O.T.O.:happy:

Marg Lindenwald
07-02-2006, 07:49 PM
If you want a secret society, join Pinky Pals, they all wear pinky rings on there left hand , no matter how there dressed.

I think you'll have more fun right here.

Marg Lindenwald

BlueKat
07-02-2006, 10:47 PM
I was just curios, is there a common sign or signal used to notify other crossdressers in public that you are one, also, in addition to being the best looking girl in the area?+?
I bet you don't know the secret crossdresser handshake either... :rolleyes:

princessmichelle
07-02-2006, 11:40 PM
Hi,
I've sometimes seen someone and wanted to ask "Are you a cd?" Intellectually I know that I probably have a neighbor or coworker or clerk who is a secret cd-but I don't know who, and in reality it would hurt me and them to ask. So I never ever will. :(

But in my imagination it would make me feel better to know that someone in the real, daily world is a cd. So I wish there were a way to signal, and for me that feels like why. 0.02

Curious,
princessmichelle

Kate Simmons
07-03-2006, 03:57 AM
Don't know about signals but think we have a built in "CDAR "(taking the cue from "GAYDAR") and we can pretty much recognize one another when we meet. At least I can. Ericka

Angela Burke
07-03-2006, 04:21 AM
There is no sign or signal I'm aware of,
but imagine if there was. Walking down
the main street of your hometown on
a busy Saturday morning would be one
of the most eye-opening,(and pleasant)
of experiences.

Annesah
07-03-2006, 04:38 AM
You might get a hint should you notice my ladies wrist watch and jade ankle bracelet.

FROCKYHORROR
07-03-2006, 07:20 AM
check for clear nail varnish..

Mistybtm
07-03-2006, 07:37 AM
Sounds like we could make one up it might catch on, what do you all think?
mite be a good way to find each other.
Mistybtm

connie rotten
07-03-2006, 07:53 AM
If you see a guy with shaved legs wearing girls short shorts, an ancle bracelet, and toe rings it is a good sign :heehee: . I saw a pinky ring club suggested. I like the idea. It is pinkypals.net the sight seems to be on a long term renovation. The pinky ring info is there though.

EricaCD
07-03-2006, 08:17 AM
Believe me I create quite enough "signals" without intending to do so! I'm sure not going to go out and deliberately make it easier to be read :)

Erica

satin-and-lace-for-m
07-03-2006, 08:51 AM
Yes there is: but first you gotta have at least 1000 postings on here and then you're allowed into "The Secret Society" :D
Most people won't give themself away when in drab and if fully dressed, well....

How are you dear? Love the pictures.

Like I said, I don't post here often.....didn't realize this was you!

Cheers,

Satin...

BlueKat
07-03-2006, 09:08 AM
Don't know about signals but think we have a built in "CDAR "(taking the cue from "GAYDAR") and we can pretty much recognize one another when we meet. At least I can. Ericka
Good point, Erika...
I can usually spot a CD at 100 paces. Sometimes I'm tempted to go up to them and tell them what gave them away, but I don't...:rolleyes:

Tiffy
07-03-2006, 09:17 AM
Oh theres ways...... ;)

Well please by all mean enlighten us.

April

KateW
07-03-2006, 09:24 AM
Hows about we all wear a badge with a television on it. Being short for TV, we could cunningly reveal our dressing habits to those in the loop, while seemingly confessing a love for electrical appliances.

Mistress Dawn
07-03-2006, 09:47 AM
few will even reveal what city they are in- much less anything else really important and personal...so do the math..:D

Eric/a
07-03-2006, 10:19 AM
If you see a guy with shaved legs wearing girls short shorts, an ancle bracelet...it is a good sign.

Yeah, I know of a few times I've done that plus having on high-heeled or wedge sandals, painted toenails, floral panties showing through white shorts, bra straps peeking out of tank tops, etc.

Even if we could agree on an item to secretly "out" ourselves to each other, there'd probably be threads about how if you wear it this way it means this, or that way it means that, even more often than we have "favorite panty" threads or something. Every new member would probably start one!

Emeralddragon
07-03-2006, 01:07 PM
Well please by all mean enlighten us.

April

Now wheres the fun in that? :P

BlueKat
07-03-2006, 02:58 PM
if it's not obvious... then I must be doing something right :-)
or....maybe nobody wants to say anything... :rolleyes:

tekla west
07-03-2006, 03:41 PM
why not complement them on thier wardrobe, or make-up, or ask where they got those Ab-Fab earrings?

Sarah Rabbit
07-03-2006, 03:49 PM
Hows about we all wear a badge with a television on it. Being short for TV, we could cunningly reveal our dressing habits to those in the loop, while seemingly confessing a love for electrical appliances.

This Idea has Merit. My Badge will have a picture of my Philips Compact Disc player, open, revealing the CD....

Actually I Posted on this very subject before. Check this 'Thread'
http://crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33747

Sarah R. :bunny:

Zelda Noe
07-03-2006, 04:02 PM
Hey KateW:

Great Idea...very cute and secretive..why not go to a button shop and have one made...I think the girls are right...we can start something cute here.

...Hows about we all wear a badge with a television on it. Being short for TV, we could cunningly reveal our dressing habits to those in the loop, while seemingly confessing a love for electrical appliances...

How bout a cute rhinestone necklace with the letters "cd'er" on it? Or a cute rhinestone broach with "cd'er" on it?

Or another button idea, simply showing "CD" in the center of it?

Keep these ideas coming.

Dandy :happy: :thumbsup:

Eleanor
07-03-2006, 04:09 PM
Well CD in latin numerals would translate to 400,C=100 before D=500 would be 400.Maybe something to do with that number you can show.

Bernadina
07-03-2006, 04:32 PM
I seem to remember this being bashed around a bit a while back.

Some other ideas included:

seahorse pins
butterfly pins
dragonfly pins
androgynous sex symbol pins
mobius rings

I think the basic problem is getting close enough to actually see the pin or ring in detail, without appearing as a threat.

BlueKat
07-03-2006, 04:36 PM
I think the basic problem is getting close enough to actually see the pin or ring in detail, without appearing as a threat.
exactly...
all of these ideas are about as useful as a screen door on a submarine.
fuggetaboutit... :rolleyes:

Snookums
07-03-2006, 05:01 PM
will this signal work :tongueout

Mindy Jean
07-03-2006, 05:06 PM
Yes, Joan, there is a sign to identify a fellow crossdresser. Haven't you seen mine as I walked through the malls? It's hung from a rope around my neck and says, "I'm a male who likes to dress as a woman!"

Gay guys walk through the mall thrusting their index finger of the right hand through the closed fist of their left hand. Lesbian girls just walk through the mall flicking their tongues out. Crossdressers like us just hang around the men's bathroom, licking our lips.

I'm glad to see that the rest of you girls have had some fun with this question and might have some good suggestions as to how we can recognize each other out in public. The ring thing sounds good. But if I was close enough to see your fingers, I think I would have been close enough to "know" before.

Otherwise, this question just insults me. Yes, there is a common sign. It's the one I wear around my neck. Yes, there is a common signal that we use. We kind of limp out wrists and flutter our fingers as we pass each other. I know that you might be new to this Joan, but don't insult my intelligence.

Mindy Jean

BlueKat
07-03-2006, 05:14 PM
will this signal work :tongueout
I say flip em the bird...that oughta get some kinda reaction... :heehee:

Emeralddragon
07-03-2006, 05:18 PM
Tried and tested way of finding other CDs in a mall. Go stand at the most central point and using a bullhorn ask loudly

ARE THERE ANY CROSSDRESSERS IN HERE!!!!!

Snookums
07-03-2006, 05:21 PM
actually I thought you could spot a crossdresser by the tilt in her skirt:eek:thats a signal

Wendy me
07-03-2006, 06:03 PM

ok ok ok .....looks like the cat is out of the bag.....yes haveing a few posts over 1000 i can tell you we do have a "The Secret Society"" Seriously, there isn't any special handshake or anything like that. no that would be silly we simply say "NICE SHOES"...........:tongueout :tongueout :tongueout

cute_cd_paige
07-03-2006, 06:28 PM
i dont know of any but it would be fun lol

Kimberly
07-03-2006, 06:39 PM
ok ok ok .....looks like the cat is out of the bag.....yes haveing a few posts over 1000 i can tell you we do have a "The Secret Society""
Again...

INVITE!!!!11!111!1!!!11theonez!1!111111

Bernice
07-03-2006, 08:33 PM
Those who know me know I don't get angry easily. Shame on most of you who made light of Joan's idea. Imagine if the same insensitivity and shallow thinking had been applied to the idea of an Internet forum for crossdressers? Oh, do I have your attention now?

Perhaps there are many obstacles to overcome before we could develop a way to safely signal one another. That doesn't mean it is a bad or silly idea. On the contrary, low self esteem is about the most damaging force in the world, and if crossdressers could visually see just how common we are, IMHO we might collectively have a lot more self-respect. I can't help feeling that the most common reaction to Joan's idea on this forum has been most un-ladylike.

To Joan and those of you who had constructive thoughts to share, I sign

Emeralddragon
07-03-2006, 08:38 PM
The thing is if we do generate some identifying mark such as say a feather in our wigs for example then somehow people wil find out what it means and the more self conscious people simply wouldnt wear the feather hence going back to square one. It could also end up that we have some series of signals for how deep into CDing a person is. Somehow it might end up being like some of the hardcore gay scenes where some guy needs to pee on somebody and chooses you cos you have the wrong coloured hankie sticking out of the wrong pocket.

Snookums
07-03-2006, 08:48 PM
I take it no one notices tilting skirts? :eek:

Emeralddragon
07-03-2006, 08:54 PM
Even gay men rarely look towards a persons crotch that often. And besides if a CD is gonna go out in a skirt theyre gonna make sure their package is well stashed.

JoanDDD
07-04-2006, 06:38 AM
Sorry for all the problems and headaches. I was just curious.:o :o

Emeralddragon
07-04-2006, 08:15 AM
Arent we all curious though?

Kate Simmons
07-04-2006, 10:12 AM
Good point, Erika...
I can usually spot a CD at 100 paces. Sometimes I'm tempted to go up to them and tell them what gave them away, but I don't...:rolleyes:
What I usually say at that point is:"Hi Hon how are you doing?" If she is not too self conscious, she will talk to me (more so if I'm Ericka but sometimes as Rich). I usually tell them about Ericka if I'm Rich. Depends on the situation and location though. If they don't want to talk or get nervous I just tell them to have a nice day. Ericka

Angie G
07-04-2006, 10:19 AM
Joan it is good to be curios it how we find things out so keep being curios.:hugs:
Angie G.

Rickie
07-04-2006, 10:24 AM
I just know I give out a signal. They take one look and say " look at the guy trying to walk like a girl in that dress"

RikkiOfLA
07-04-2006, 10:48 AM
Actually, there is a "secret" greeting that CDs use to signal to each other.

Smile at them. Or say hello.

My wife and I were in a wig shop recently. I spotted a CD/TG/TS person there and smiled at her. At first she appeared annoyed, but the next time I saw her, I smiled again. This time she smiled back and we started talking.

It does work.

Rikki

tullyxxx
07-04-2006, 03:24 PM
we funny thing a friend of my wife visited on sunday i was in shorts she said did i wax my legs wife said i shave them .

i now think she knows as she looked surprised so shaving my legs has given the game away .

dont much care anyway but she talks a lot so it will get around with luck i might meet someone

Sarah Rabbit
07-04-2006, 03:46 PM
Sorry for all the problems and headaches. I was just curious.:o :o

Hey Don't be Sorry.. You should take pride in the amount of replies you Got for your Post, not to mention the Views:^5: Even if some of the replies (mine included) wasn't what you were looking for, just enjoy the moment..

Sarah R. :bunny:

Pamela girl
07-04-2006, 04:33 PM
That would be neat to have a piece of jewelry or somthing to secretly identify us. Imagine if it was really cool and others started wearing it and getting ask "how long have you been crossdressing?" the look on thier face would be priceless:eek:

trannie T
07-06-2006, 04:49 PM
Just look for the other guys buying panties.

Kimberly
07-06-2006, 05:31 PM
Just look for the other guys buying panties.
you say that... and I'm sure I saw a guy looking for women's boots -- looked like he was buying for himself.

Don't know why I get that feeling. Maybe I'm jumping to conclusions. :p

GINA-CD
07-06-2006, 10:44 PM
Well, I'd love to know who else in my office is a CD in order to make friends! That would help some of us still in the closet with our secret lives...

Wonder what would be a good idea... :confused:

bgirl
07-09-2006, 08:32 AM
Good point, Erika...
I'll never pass but if you see me on the street and after having the courage to get that far, please tell me what I'm doing right!