PDA

View Full Version : I'm out and things are wonderful!

Samantha?
07-02-2006, 11:31 PM
Hey everyone. Haven't posted here in a while, but that's because I'm not a very big internet person. Anyway, I'm just writing in to say that I am pretty much fully "out" to my family (supportive), most of my friends (supportive), and a lot of the town (I live in the bay area). I have dressed for work a few times now, and mostly the skirts, shoes, and make-up go unmentioned, although I have recieved quite a few "congratulations" and "very cool" comments from some of the female customers. They have all made me very happy. Through all this, I have have the most wonderful, supportive girlfrind one could imagine.

The response has been just overwhelmingly positive, and I feel so free to just be myself.

To be fair about my dressing, though, I do dress in a more androgonous fashion. I don't go fully out to look exactly like/be a girl (my choice), but still, it was hard coming out, but I feel more confidant now. And at the very least, I know my gf is there for me with more love and support than I would ever need.

Sorry for the rambling post, but I just felt the need to be happy about this to someone, and all of you here are just so cool and understanding.

Love.

Sarah Rabbit
07-03-2006, 01:15 AM
Welldone Samantha

Although the rest of Society has not met Sarah, my family all know.

:hugs:

Sarah R. :bunny:

gwenrob43
07-03-2006, 01:27 AM
Super! It happened to me about 3 weeks ago. I'm so glad it's out. My wife has not seen me dressed nor has she asked to. Don't know if I'm ready for that. But congratulations!

Love
Gwen

KELLYANN
07-03-2006, 03:59 AM
you just ramble away SAMANTHA! thats what we're here for. :rant:

Brianna Lovely
07-03-2006, 10:33 AM
I'm so happy to hear that your life has "opened up", like a flower in bloom.
Enjoy yourself and have a wonderful time.
Hugs,
Brianna

Tracy Lynn
07-03-2006, 10:51 AM
That's great Samantha. Glad all is going well for you.

Wenda
07-03-2006, 10:51 AM
I wouldn't call that rambling, dear, I would call it happy talk. It sounds like you are doing it the right way, a bit androgenous, and go from there. Congratulations! I couldn't do that. Dressing as the blonde bimbo cheerleader for the company slo-pitch was about as far as I can go. :D

Emeralddragon
07-03-2006, 01:11 PM
I go by the idea tat if youve got happy news go out and tell EVERYONE and its nice to see you telling us. Its great to hear it.

Calliope
07-03-2006, 01:13 PM
The response has been just overwhelmingly positive, and I feel so free to just be myself.

Thanks for sharing your upper.

tekla west
07-03-2006, 01:20 PM
cool running girl, what you are doing is not only good for yourself, but good for all of us.

JiveTurkeyOnRye
07-03-2006, 03:45 PM
To be fair about my dressing, though, I do dress in a more androgonous fashion. I don't go fully out to look exactly like/be a girl (my choice), but still, it was hard coming out, but I feel more confidant now. And at the very least, I know my gf is there for me with more love and support than I would ever need.

I actually feel like it's harder for people like yourself and me to come out, because like you said, we're not dressing to pass as girls. I'm really impressed that you've been able to incorporate the makeup and clothes you want to wear into your male/androgynous image with such stride. Congrats. I have yet to find the courage.

Josephine Bonne
07-03-2006, 05:28 PM
Samantha,
You are my heroin sweety, that is just so very cool.

Calliope
07-03-2006, 05:37 PM
I actually feel like it's harder for people like yourself and me to come out, because like you said, we're not dressing to pass as girls.

Just a homegrown theory, but I would suggest there's one quality here that makes it easier for the public - with a more modest sexual presentation, men don't have to fear being 'fooled' (intentionally or accidentally) and women are less threatened someone is out for their guys (true or otherwise).

JiveTurkeyOnRye
07-03-2006, 05:44 PM
Just a homegrown theory, but I would suggest there's one quality here that makes it easier for the public - with a more modest sexual presentation, men don't have to fear being 'fooled' (intentionally or accidentally) and women are less threatened someone is out for their guys (true or otherwise).

Who says being androgynous or as I said, presenting a male image despite what you're wearing (my ideal) is a more modest sexual presentation? I've seen some pics on myspace (unfortunately) that are pretty shameless without any attempt to "pass."

Also, I do concede your point that if more and more crossdressers dressed, for example, like Eddie Izzard, presenting a feminine male image, there would be a reduction in the male hostility towards being 'fooled.' However, I don't think that means the chances of violence geared towards us are really any less skewed. I don't think it's a stretch to say that your average sports bar would be any more welcoming to a guy presenting himself as androgynous or as male whilst wearing a skirt and maybe some modest makeup, than they would towars a guy in full femme trying to pass.

As far as women, I again fail to see how presenting oneself as fully male, androgynous, or as female, makes a difference to women's perspective on a threat to their partner's attention. Surely these paranoid women you speak of might just assume an Eddie Izzard-like dresser was looking to steal their man, true or otherwise.

cute_cd_paige
07-03-2006, 06:05 PM
good for u girl it defently feels like a weight lifted off your back haveing family and friends know and accept u i can speak from experence my family and friends know and my wife recently told several of her friends as well and there all interested and supportive

:gorgeous:

tekla west
07-03-2006, 10:00 PM
"Heroin" or "Heroine"?????

BIG DIFFERENCE a little 'e' makes.

TeriAnn
07-03-2006, 10:13 PM
I am so glad u were able to find the courage to do what u did. Someday I hope to find that same courage, maybe with the help of my wife and my best friend out west I can do the same thing. Way to go girl.:D

Samantha?
07-04-2006, 02:37 AM
Wow. Thanks for all the nice things and suport everyone! I wish you all continued luck and good fortune in your own endevors.

Joy Carter
07-04-2006, 02:40 AM
Aw Samantha !:hugs:

Shelly Preston
07-04-2006, 02:41 AM
Hi Samantha

We love to hear good news
So ramble as much as you like

Congratulations honey :hugs: