PDA

View Full Version : How long for hormone levels to stabilize?

JenniferMint
07-03-2006, 03:48 PM
I had a bilateral orchiectomy on June 5, and I started taking 1mg per day of Estrofem since June 25.

Any idea what my estrogen levels are like right now?

AngelAshley
07-04-2006, 06:01 AM
I think the only sure way to know would be to have a blood test...

Teresa Amina
07-04-2006, 06:57 AM
Check out the Yahoo group TSDoItYourselfHormones. You'll get a better response to this question there.

Stephenie S
07-04-2006, 09:12 PM
Dear Jennifer,

I am not on hormones yet, but I know that only your doctor can answer your question. You need a blood test. Everyone's metabolism is different and it would be immposible to tell from the info you have given.
By the way, dear, how is it going? Are you noticing anything yet?
I can't wait.

Lovies'
Stepnenie

JenniferMint
07-05-2006, 03:00 PM
By the way, dear, how is it going? Are you noticing anything yet?

The bilateral orchiectomy that I had last month got rid of all the nasty effects of testosterone. That was definitely noticable.

I haven't noticed anything from the estrogen yet, though.

EDIT: Maybe my skin's a bit softer... I was just checking out my legs (which I've been waxing) and subjectively my thighs seem to have very soft skin, softer than I remember.

Nyx
07-06-2006, 07:29 AM
1mg of estradiol seems like a very low dosage. I started with 2 and went onto 4 after 2 weeks. Increasing the dosage rapidly isn't as dangerous as with anti-androgens like spironolactone. But anyways... For you to start getting breast growth will take at least 3 months. I don't know what you mean by stabilization of the hormone level... That probably takes a week, honestly. If your intake remains stable, it will stabilize quickly, or at least it seems that way to me. The effects take a while to occur, but the hormones are there.

Maria D
07-06-2006, 12:16 PM
1mg of estradiol seems like a very low dosage. I started with 2 and went onto 4 after 2 weeks. Increasing the dosage rapidly isn't as dangerous as with anti-androgens like spironolactone. But anyways... For you to start getting breast growth will take at least 3 months. I don't know what you mean by stabilization of the hormone level... That probably takes a week, honestly. If your intake remains stable, it will stabilize quickly, or at least it seems that way to me. The effects take a while to occur, but the hormones are there.

Dose-wise, she is castrated, and that makes a big difference. It will probably mean her hormones settle down quickly too, but that's not the case for uncastrated people. Though I can't comment unilaterally, I know from my own blood tests that my hormones took a while to settle down after starting, and my prolactin spiked and stayed high for a month before dropping. I didn't feel any different due to the changes, but they all had their merry dance.

Take care :)

Zenda
07-15-2006, 12:38 AM
"Increasing the dosage rapidly isn't as dangerous as with anti-androgens like spironolactone."

I'm been on 100mg of Aldactone a day for about 3 weeks now. Partly to address my high blood pressure and obviously for other the percieved benefits. What's the big deal about dangerous spiro then? All love...

Nyx
07-16-2006, 01:33 AM
"Increasing the dosage rapidly isn't as dangerous as with anti-androgens like spironolactone."

I'm been on 100mg of Aldactone a day for about 3 weeks now. Partly to address my high blood pressure and obviously for other the percieved benefits. What's the big deal about dangerous spiro then? All love...

The deal is that it can lower your blood pressure, and if it is already at normal levels, you can end up with low blood pressure problems.

That, and spironolactone has a number of nasty side effects, like the fact that it can increase the risk of you getting dehydrated since it's a diuretic. It can also make you constipated, make you tired, give you headaches, etc...

I myself got most of these side effects. Some only showed up later on after a few months though. This is the reason why I am looking to switch to androcur with the help of an md instead. Spironolactone isn't even prescribed in Canada anyways.