PDA

View Full Version : shorts in the summer? skirts in the Winter?

cute_cd_paige
07-03-2006, 06:54 PM
hi all my wife and i were discussing me keeping my leggs amoung other places shaved in the summer , i want to becouse of it just feeling right plus no girl looks good with hairy leggs in a short skirt :heehee: but due to some members of her family not knowing of my crossdressing she thinks that my leggs being shaved might be a little weird to them so its either wear pants around them in 90 degree weather and wait till Fall/Winter to shave and wear what i want to but its a little chilly for skirts and dresses then lol , i just wanted some opinions on this

Joy Carter
07-03-2006, 06:57 PM
Paige we gurls some times have to suffer for our art or dressing as it were!

BethCD
07-03-2006, 07:00 PM
Paige, I'm in the same boat as you. Wife is Ok w/ me dressing, but family and others are a concern. (I'm out to her only). So for me it's hairy in the sumeer cos it's too hot for long pants, shave in winter.
Beth

GG Vanya
07-03-2006, 07:05 PM
I really don't see it as that big a deal. Trudi was in a 2 day golf tournament this past weekend...in male mode. It's in the 90's here, so she wore shorts. She also made sure her legs were well shaven.

She wears shorts every summer at our Country Club, and always has her legs shaved. Not one person yet has made a comment about it.

tvgirl4fun
07-03-2006, 07:06 PM
Shave your legs. And when someone says something, respond with something like, "Why are you concerned about my personal habits? My wife doesn't object, so I don't see why you should even be interested!"

Instead of "answering" peoples' questions, I try to make them explain their asking the question in the first place.

I remember a couple years ago I did something (can't remember what it was, maybe getting my ears pierced or getting a perm), one of the guys I work with said something about it, and my response was (loud enough for others to hear), "Do you always take such an interest in the personal grooming habits of your other male workers?" Haven't had too many questions from that person since.

Jaie

Eleanor
07-03-2006, 07:12 PM
Shaved heads and bodies are the male vogue now!Just say your being trendy and maybe get a tattoo for a buffer.

Bernice
07-03-2006, 07:58 PM
I'm sure I am the exception, not the rule, but IMHO, it is never too cold for a skirt, and I never feel en-femme in shorts. So, except in hurricanes and tornadoes (when it's too windy), when I'm en-femme, I'm in a dress or skirt or nightgown.

jillinla
07-03-2006, 08:02 PM
The Tour de France is just beginning -

follow it and buy a bike

bright clothing

shaved legs

Emeralddragon
07-03-2006, 08:03 PM
Just shave them if anyone asks just say you did it for your SO. Thats what i told my best mate when he saw mine. I was real itchy cos it was the first time i shaved them. We then laughed at the amount of times i cut myself.

cute_cd_paige
07-03-2006, 08:08 PM
thanks bunches yall I might just try some of your suggestions and im glad some of my sisters can relate with me
huggs to all

Christine Kelly
07-03-2006, 08:12 PM
is it so acceptable to shave your face, a prime male identifier, and yet men are still so afraid to shave their legs? so ahead and shave and see if anyone pays any attention. if they do, just tell them that you feel cooler that way!

Karen Francis
07-03-2006, 08:41 PM
Not 2 hours ago I discarded my old policy of keeping hairy for the summer. Family be damned, just wait until they see my pierced ears...
Seriously, you can survive at the occasional family outing covering up the legs with long pants. I have been looking at mens legs for comparison, and lots of them have almost no hair on them anyway. And take a look at ads on TV for younger men, they almost always have shaved bodies.
Now I can't wait to go out in some feminine shorts and sandals and a nice top...

Bernadina
07-03-2006, 08:50 PM
I always have my legs shaved when wearing shorts. The last thing I want to show the world is my hairy or stubbly legs.

connie rotten
07-03-2006, 08:51 PM
Few people even care that my legs are shaved. A guy in the supermarket did asked me "you shaved your legs?" I responded to him "have you been checking out my bum too?" That put an end to his queery. I was realy hoping for a yes smile from him.:heehee:

GG Vanya
07-03-2006, 08:54 PM
is it so acceptable to shave your face, a prime male identifier, and yet men are still so afraid to shave their legs? so ahead and shave and see if anyone pays any attention. if they do, just tell them that you feel cooler that way!

Or simply tell them it's a matter of personal choice, or personal hygiene. Trudi could very easily tell people (if they ever noticed) that she does it for her wife. That would be the truth also. My ex had more hair on his back than I have on my head...BLECH! I LOVE the feel of my honey's smooth shaven body. I also like knowing that she too can enjoy that lucious feel of freshly shaved legs between clean sheets! mmmmm :happy:

kristytv
07-03-2006, 09:43 PM
i work in a car delae rin the parts dept , and i shave sometimes , its actually cooler under my uniform parts and less chaffing as well! i had a ex coworker ask me why once . and thats what i told him. also that i hate my body hair! he laughed at that. and even said i have legs for a guy!

HaleyPink2000
07-03-2006, 10:20 PM
I'd just tell them it's none of their business what I do or when I do it if they ask anything at all. I'd say it in a nice way, but it would mean the same thing.
Most people don't even ask anymore. Lots of men shave parts of their body and many have a piercing. Some tan and some have spray on tans. Many of my friends even go have the color of their hair done in a beauty shop. I get my hair cut in one and no one says a thing.

I buy dresses while in drab and again no one says a thing even when I ask to try them on. Your worry is unfounded. Sorry that’s the way I see it. Just go for it! Have fun and live life. Don't let others ruin your time here on earth. It's way to short a time to allow others to rule you by their peer pressure.:D

Oh and I agree, shorts to me are just like Capri’s, not femme. Sorry just my opinion. I wear Dresses, Gowns and skirts. Jeans when needed, femme ones. I carry a woman’s wallet and while dressed a purse. But again, I don't like shorts. I do admit I do wear them sometimes. But seldom.

Denise01
07-03-2006, 11:42 PM
I am fully shaved now all the time, and i did it because the hairy arms and legs particularily were getting to me.
In the winter I am femme 99% of the time, but it is different in the summer, as I am still working, and often work very close with other people.The only time i can be femme in the summer is when i am home after finishing work

I have not once in 3 years, had even a remote comment about my arms and legs shaved. If feels so nice , and i will never go back to not shaving again.

I prefer to wear skirts as much as i can, but in my part of the country, it does get very cold in the winter. To blend in during these times when shopping, i will often wear slacks, but then they are ladies slacks. Up here about 95 % of the ladies wear slacks in the winter.
The skirts i wear shopping etc, are casual, in order to bend in with what i am doing

Denise

Toni CD
07-04-2006, 07:12 AM
hi gals , i have shaved my legs and chest in the winter months that is the norm for me . cold weather = easy cover up. i have decieded to keep my bod shaved this summer. i went out yesterday for the first time, i went fishing with a friend and nothing was said. i then went and visited my dad to drop off a freezer, nothing said yet. it has built some confidence in being myself. so if anyone ask about the legs i have to say it is me and what i enjoy to do. thanks for the info on this subject. you ladys are wonderful.
thanks to all love anettia.....

Brianna Lovely
07-04-2006, 07:30 AM
I live in Florida, where we have four seasons, two weeks of winter, then hot, hotter and hot as h***!
So, when in drab, I'm in shorts and a sleeveless tee 98% of the time. I shave my arms, legs and chest and often attend pool parties and have never had a remark made.

I would say "shave" and enjoy yourself, after all, it is your body and you don't have to answer to anyone.

Marla S
07-04-2006, 08:06 AM
Already said it, but say it again.
There is nothing wrong with shaved legs for men.
Some "real man" better would do.

jamie_44
07-04-2006, 08:07 AM
I stay shaved year round, and have been out at family summer outings without anyone saying a word. It is a shame that some people focus so much on the outside and not whats in the inside. I hate hairy legs and will never have them again!

jennig
07-04-2006, 10:11 AM
hi I have kept totaly smoot for years now I have found that if you dont think about it most people dont care but if you have it on your mind and try to hide it people will notice but who cares what people think its our body not thiers . If anybody asks me I always tell them this is the way i like it and change the subject that always seems to work and its the truth
Love jennig

Glenda
07-04-2006, 10:29 AM
I have kept my legs, arms and body hair shaved for a few years now. It is a lot cooler in a hot and humid environment. You are naive to think that other people will not notice. Some will and some won't. Most women and a few men notice everything. Some men don't notice anything unless someone else points it out.

Most people won't say anything. After all, why should they care what you do? The simple truth is that a lot of men are realizing that body hair is not all that attractive. If someone asks why you shaved just tell them that you got tired of sweating or your girlfriend doesn't like body hair or tell them you are a crossdresser. All have worked fine for me. You really don't need to be defensive or offensive if someone asks.

SherryLynn GG
07-04-2006, 04:48 PM
Well I think shaving in the winter and staying hairy in the summer is just fine :heehee: At least you have a wife that accepts your Cding right?? :p