PDA

View Full Version : Do GGs smell different from CDs?

JenniferMint
07-03-2006, 07:30 PM
Subjectively, I think that GGs smell different than CDs do. Part of this may be unconscious perception of pheromones. This is only obvious when up close and personal (e.g. hugging) though.

How do CDs deal with this?

Tamara Croft
07-03-2006, 07:34 PM
Rumour has it we taste quite different too :lol: ..... so my sources tell me anyway :bs:

annekathleen
07-03-2006, 07:39 PM
Tastes like chicken?
or are you too chicken to be tasted????

GG Vanya
07-03-2006, 07:40 PM
it's probably the snips and snails and puppy dog tails you boys are made of :D

whereas we're sugar and spice, and everything nice!!!

Emeralddragon
07-03-2006, 07:44 PM
Nice and simple CDs sweat more than GGs normally and no matter how much we try to mask it it always ends up making a bit of a pong.

Sharon
07-03-2006, 07:44 PM
Rumour has it we taste quite different too :lol: ..... so my sources tell me anyway :bs:

You have to stop talking with those filthy minded sources! :eek:

Tamara Croft
07-03-2006, 07:46 PM
You have to stop talking with those filthy minded sources! :eek:I know, they are brainwashing me into pervertedness :tongueout

paulaN
07-03-2006, 07:47 PM
shaving armpits helps reduce oder. did for me any way.

Angela Burke
07-03-2006, 07:47 PM
Blind man walking past fishmongers.
"Good morning ladies!"

Wenda
07-03-2006, 07:49 PM
"Good morning ladies!"
made me laugh, Angela! good point. I have been told that my impaired sense of smell is an added virtue at special moments.

Emeralddragon
07-03-2006, 07:49 PM
"Good morning ladies!"

Lat time i heard that was last week when litening to my afroman album

And believe me shaving your armpits may help but it didnt do much for me. Maybe i just sweat too much. I bet i could sweat at absolute zero. Any takers?

Christine Kelly
07-03-2006, 08:06 PM
girls do smell so different than boys. that is one of the main reasons i dislike boys on an intimate level.

azure
07-03-2006, 08:25 PM
If Cding is more of a clothes thing, why would said crossdressers worry about smelling different to women, phemeronewise. I know, picky picky,picky, hey its a TG thing, ah well, must go I canhear the thread police abseiling down the chimney.

cute_cd_paige
07-03-2006, 08:36 PM
my wife and i were reading this thread and she commented that her and i can put the same amount of perfume on and for some reason it allways smells stronger on me but also her imput was its the same for other girls she knows she said what might be the cause of it may be the pores and oils differ from person to person and skin types , not sure what to do about it just a little imput

GG Vanya
07-03-2006, 08:44 PM
my wife and i were reading this thread and she commented that her and i can put the same amount of perfume on and for some reason it allways smells stronger on me but also her imput was its the same for other girls she knows she said what might be the cause of it may be the pores and oils differ from person to person and skin types , not sure what to do about it just a little imput

VERY true Paige. Trudi NEVER has body odor no matter how much he has been sweating during the day, and "his" cologne stays with him ALL day. Her favorite perfume (Passion) smells totally different on her than me. I think the major difference is body chemistry. Some people have far greater levels of acid in their body also.

I'm reminded of a lipstick that was popular a few years ago. All of the lipsticks were the exact same color, but changed when applied, and were a different color for every person who wore it.

vcutenyc
07-03-2006, 08:55 PM
when i was reading up on hormones, one thing they said that changes is your odor. so there is definitely a biological difference between men's and women's smells.

connie rotten
07-03-2006, 08:55 PM
If I respond to this I'll sure as heck get another ban.:eek: :tongueout

Penny
07-03-2006, 09:11 PM
Of course GG's smell differently, they have less nosehairs! (LOL):D

Helen MC
07-03-2006, 10:22 PM
Of course they do. Different pheromones.

Jennaie
07-04-2006, 12:02 AM
I'm hoping to do an in-depth study on this very subject, still waiting for female volunteers. :D

Lisa Golightly
07-04-2006, 02:14 AM
Not that I go around sniffing people you understand... but routing around the net one day I found that the types of food consumed affect the odour of the skin (allegedly). So I guess apart from the difference in hormones, biological construction, and (in some instances) ablution regime, her food (usually the green stuff and liquid cheese that doesn't taste of anything and the fruit things) also has an impact. ;)

For those with a keen interest in altering their body odour by calorie consumption here is lesson one...

Brown rice, honey, miso (Japanese Soup) and fresh vegetables leave a clean smell seeping through the skins pores. Strawberries, melon mango and peach will leave the whole body smelling sweeter. Citrus fruits such as lemon, orange, grapefruit and lime are all good natural cleansers that will leave you smelling all over fresh.

I myself smell of a heady mixture of Palmer's cocoa butter, Impulse thrill and Dior Addict 2. As for taste... in a kiss sense... Nescafe Carte Noir :)

Kate Simmons
07-04-2006, 06:44 AM
Only Tarzan could tell you for sure , since he can track someone by scent spoor. I personally haven't given this too much thought. I'm more interested in a person's personality. Once I know them, we can discuss the particulars if you know what I mean. Ericka

Emma England
07-04-2006, 06:58 AM
But even women smell different to each other.

The only times I have noticed guys scent is when they stink of bad sweat.

I am not mad on perfume as I don't like alcohol (well not on my skin anyway :straightface: )

Francine
07-04-2006, 07:44 AM
I like perfume....
It's sort of strange.. but I like the scent of a woman, wearing a light perfume. but I like to wear it too.. just a pinch, even though I think it has been noticed a time or two. It is a known fact that perfumes and perfumed powders, body washes and even shampoos may have a different scent when worn by different people, including males! ;) because of body oils and such. Finding one that compliments one bodies and one you like is the key, at least that's what I believe.

Francine

Joy Carter
07-04-2006, 08:08 AM
Hambergers and French Frys with a touch of Chocolate Malt for thrill. I know I know waiste line Joy sheesh:o .

Kate Simmons
07-04-2006, 10:05 AM
Works for me Joy, Hamburgers fries and malteds are some of my best "friends". Ericka

GG Vanya
07-04-2006, 12:37 PM
I like perfume....
It's sort of strange.. but I like the scent of a woman, wearing a light perfume. but I like to wear it too.. just a pinch, even though I think it has been noticed a time or two. It is a known fact that perfumes and perfumed powders, body washes and even shampoos may have a different scent when worn by different people, including males! ;) because of body oils and such. Finding one that compliments one bodies and one you like is the key, at least that's what I believe.

Francine

On that note, Trudi uses a very old deodorant product from Avon. It's a unisex scent, and comes in liquid form, but smells very femme. I buy it six bottles at a time for her, mostly because it's difficult to find an Avon lady who knows what the hell I'm looking for. I pour it into a small spray bottle for ease of application. She says this is the only deodorant that works for her, and I have to say, it does last all day.

Just another way for the discrete CD to still have a very mild note of femme, even when en homme.

If anyone is interested, I can post the product number.

Jennaie
07-04-2006, 01:53 PM

Hmmm.. Interesting that your sources know what cd's taste like. :D

Tamara Croft
07-04-2006, 05:25 PM
Hmmm.. Interesting that your sources know what cd's taste like. :DNow that 'is' interesting... maybe I'll ask her how she knows :lol:

Francine
07-04-2006, 05:51 PM
My favorite "drab" perfume is Lady Stetson!

Francine

Marla GG
07-04-2006, 11:24 PM
My Angel wears perfume and uses women's shower gel and deodorant, and I love these girly scents on her. But I have to say that no matter what products she uses, she still has a clean, fresh, and totally intoxicating (to me) boy smell. There is a difference, no doubt about it. I am sure that body chemistry and pheromones are a large part of what makes me unattracted to genetic women but attracted to CDs.

Love,
Marla xx

Melora
07-05-2006, 04:40 AM
Why Yess..Perfume DOES smell differently on different People..It Does INDEED! sniff.. Sniff = Laughs..HeHe...Why Yes it does!..:happy:
Melora Does Love You!
Love Melora!

~Kitty GG~
07-05-2006, 09:08 AM
Testosterone has a huge impact on smell.

A boy's smell changes when he goes through puberty and stops smelling like a child and starts to smell like a man.

Body hair allows bacteria to increase body smells as well. And since more women remove body hair than men do.. men usually have more of a smell.

I'm not talking about an intimate sexual smell.. just casual contact.

I recognize the male smell quite easily but I can't detect a female/estrogen smell. I'm guessing that's cuz I'm used to my own smell..

When Dee started anti-a's the smell difference was very noticeable. When she began Estrogen her smell changed again a bit.. not as noticeable to me tho as the first change was.

The waste products of cigarettes come out through the pores in your skin changing your smell. To a lesser extent, different foods give us different smells.

Chemistry affects the smell of perfume as does the amount of oils in your skin. Without enough oil for the perfume to cling to it can't last.

The biggest difference that I notice tho is hormonal.

Love & Hugs
~Kitty~
:star::star::star:

Olivia
07-05-2006, 11:16 AM
Nope, they both use their nose. At least all that I know do. Olivia

Kieron Andrew
07-05-2006, 11:20 AM
Rumour has it we taste quite different too :lol: ..... so my sources tell me anyway :bs:TAMARA!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes::heehee:

sparks
07-05-2006, 11:57 AM
Oh my Lordy! This is a loaded thread!
Maybe I should stop wearing Old Spice when dressed.
Everything smells better when ya can't have it. Just go on a fast for awhile and check out the fridge or when your SO has gone for a week the heighten smell of her shampoo and conditioner when she returns and is lying next to you the first night!

bgirl
07-06-2006, 03:22 PM
I'm amazed that I took the time to read all the posts on this thread. Got to go now, I'll get in trouble.

Joy Carter
07-06-2006, 10:02 PM
Testosterone has a huge impact on smell.

A boy's smell changes when he goes through puberty and stops smelling like a child and starts to smell like a man.

Body hair allows bacteria to increase body smells as well. And since more women remove body hair than men do.. men usually have more of a smell.

I'm not talking about an intimate sexual smell.. just casual contact.

I recognize the male smell quite easily but I can't detect a female/estrogen smell. I'm guessing that's cuz I'm used to my own smell..

When Dee started anti-a's the smell difference was very noticeable. When she began Estrogen her smell changed again a bit.. not as noticeable to me tho as the first change was.

The waste products of cigarettes come out through the pores in your skin changing your smell. To a lesser extent, different foods give us different smells.

Chemistry affects the smell of perfume as does the amount of oils in your skin. Without enough oil for the perfume to cling to it can't last.

The biggest difference that I notice tho is hormonal.

Love & Hugs
~Kitty~
:star::star::star:

Gee maybe this is one reason why I don't smell or sweat like I used too. My testosterone levels are extreamly low, not that I care and my beard has slowed down greatly two days between shaves. I wished so hard for so long to be a gurl that I'm getting there YEAH! Maybe I will be a good looking old lady some day.:D LOL

Dee 1062
07-06-2006, 10:12 PM
everyone smells is different, no two people smells the same
now you take Dogs and Cats do they smell the same?:)

wannabie
07-06-2006, 10:18 PM
when i was reading up on hormones, one thing they said that changes is your odor. so there is definitely a biological difference between men's and women's smells.

I think that I read some of the same articles. Hormones, either estrogen or testosterone does change your odor for both men and women altering them to an acrid smell, so taking hormones wouldn’t change it from male to female or visa versa.

PS. I asked the same question a while back and one suggestion that worked is the Feminine deodorant products coupled with a little perfume.

JenniferMint
07-07-2006, 12:07 PM
I think that I read some of the same articles. Hormones, either estrogen or testosterone does change your odor for both men and women altering them to an acrid smell, so taking hormones wouldn’t change it from male to female or visa versa.

Huh? You said hormones change the odor, but taking hormones wouldn't change it?

Georgette
07-07-2006, 03:08 PM
Now y-all know that GGs perspire, and CDs sweat, aint thet right SUGARs.:heehee: :love:

Megan72
07-07-2006, 04:28 PM
depends on their choice of perfume that day.:tongueout

wannabie
07-08-2006, 12:30 AM
Huh? You said hormones change the odor, but taking hormones wouldn't change it?

I meant it won't change your body scent from a male to a female odor. it just gives it a different smell.

bgirl
07-08-2006, 09:37 AM
Calvin Klein non gender specific colonge CK smells like a masculine musk on me and smells feminine on my significant other. Thats one end of the spectrum. On the other end, we are going to try a few beers and some bean burrito's. Get back to you on that.