PDA

View Full Version : Dresses

wannabie
07-03-2006, 11:29 PM
I went window shopping today. when I was walking about I was looking at some dresses and I remembered a conversation my friend and her girlfriends had a while back about the types of dresses women wear.

I don't remember the exact wording but it went something like,
there's three type of dresses that are essential in every womans wardrobe.

The Red Dress, The Little Black dress and a White dress.

The red dress is for when you go staking like when your in heat ( they said it not me)
the Black Dress is when you want to be pursued to make the other guy take notice.
and the white dress is for the mother-in-law and the sunday thing.

I don't know how true that story is so I'm kinda wondering what in your closet from both CD's and GG's.

I have the black dress that I really look good in and thats all.

Sarah Rabbit
07-03-2006, 11:50 PM
having never Pursued or be Pursued, I could not comment.. My wardrobe is made up of Nice dresses that I love to wear. decent and Presentable. Nothing Tardy or Outrageous...Hmmm..Conservative

Sarah R. :bunny:

Angela Burke
07-04-2006, 12:56 AM
I've never worn a dress when "stalking" a girl.
It would be very interesting to be "pursued" by a
girl whilst wearing a black dress.
I've never had a Mother in law, but I always
wore a nice dress or skirt and blouse when
visiting my own Mother on a Sunday,
not exclusively white though.

GG Vanya
07-04-2006, 01:22 AM
Interesting perspective...

I have a red "power suit" that I wear to business meetings. Never felt in a mood to stalk anyone while wearing it.

The little black dress or suit, is for cocktail parties or funerals.

I'm far too clumsy to wear an all white dress. The last all white dress I wore was at my wedding to the ex. I burned it on a beach in FL at sundown. My own version of burning bridges. :D

Lisa Golightly
07-04-2006, 02:43 AM
Staking or stalking? My mind must be on an altogether much lower level as I assumed *cough*.... hmmmmm.

I was never keen on red until I bought this spaghetti strapped thing and the comments I had on the photos I did were more in number than any other outfit.

I have this black one which there is very little of as there are no sides just a few strands of lace... That got me noticed.

I wear white dresses when I have a suntan... no other time. Though I do have a rather fetching full length faux fur coat and a stole :)

(Edit)

I blew the dust off this old thread I found in the vaults... The red dress is on page one and the black one is one page two *cough* Oh dear, that dust gets absolutely everywhere :)

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14136

PennyH
07-04-2006, 03:34 AM
Im a dark colours sort of girl, black lacy mainly, although i do have a long whitr dress for the summer outings

Joy Carter
07-04-2006, 03:35 AM
Not to much out that will fit me I'm much too long in the middle Sigh .:o

Kate Simmons
07-04-2006, 06:37 AM
Don't know about that Hon. I pretty much just dress for myself and don't have any specific purpose in mind other than just enjoying being myself. Ericka

Teresa Amina
07-04-2006, 07:18 AM
Red is just a great color! Took a quick look in my closet (the one the clothes are in not the one I live in:D ) and saw lots of Red, but mostly as part of a flower or paisley type pattern. In fact I'm bidding on a really great burgundy and black Gothic top on eBay- reddish again! Gotta have Red!

Angie G
07-04-2006, 08:44 AM
I don;t have a red or white dress I do have 1 black dress.
Gee I have to go shopping I do have some white blouses and I share a white gypsy skirt with my wife.
Angie G.

Calliope
07-04-2006, 09:05 AM
Since my SO is the 'breadwinner' and she likes to keep a close eye on the money (especially what I spend), I divide dresses (skirts, mainly) into two catagories: those I can afford (retro and used) and those I cannot (trendy new ones).

tvgirl4fun
07-04-2006, 09:49 AM
wannabie,
I have to agree with you (or your friends). What one wears and how they wear it can send a signal. I have red dresses/outfits that I wear if I'm interested in raising guys', uh, blood pressure shall we say! (They say red cars are attracted to radar traps.) I have little black dresses that I wear when I just want to be noticed. White dresses are more for social events, and I don't limit them to "in between certain holidays". I wear them year round. I also wear white to be noticed. Yesterday I was out with a white layerd, flaired, terry mini with a white spaghetti strap tank that had a little tie in the front, my hair pulled back to a pony tail with a white hair wrap with red strap sandals and red purse. Got lots of nice looks and compliments. All the multi color dresses and mixing and matching skirts and tops are just for "being a girl" and blending in. Interestingly, my favorite color combination is black and white with maybe a red accent added. Jaie

Marcia-B
07-08-2006, 04:15 PM
I have been chatted up a few times wearing a black dress.I have also been asked to dance when wearing a red camisole and long white skirt.I refused.I havn't dressed in black to attract a guy but it seems to work.
When I went put in the red top and white skirt, I did have the thought that guys would prefer black but I didn't care, this is what I wanted to wear.