PDA

View Full Version : online reality TV show..."Joe gets Female"

Megan G
07-04-2006, 07:03 AM
Hey girls,

A thunderstorm woke me early this morning so I have been up surfin the web and stumbled across this......

http://www.current.tv/pods/joegets/PD03275

It's an online reality TV show, in this episode Joe goes to a CD transformation studio and lets the owner work her majic on him.

I thought you might like it.

Trish

Lilith Moon
07-04-2006, 07:26 AM
Thanks Trish,

That was great !

I wonder how Joe got such a convincingly femme voice ?

:hugs:

Tina Dixon
07-04-2006, 07:45 AM
Got to love Joes wig also:thumbsup:

AmyH
07-04-2006, 07:46 AM
that was good.

Joy Carter
07-04-2006, 07:47 AM
I think it would be interesting to do a follow up on Joe/Josephine to see if he/she has gotten into dressing. I mean how could you deny the inner woman to be out let alone that cute redhead in the black top and striped skirt.:D

Megan G
07-04-2006, 07:51 AM
I think it would be interesting to do a follow up on Joe/Josephine to see if he/she has gotten into dressing. I mean how could you deny the inner woman to be out let alone that cute redhead in the black top and striped skirt.:D

That would be a great idea.....

Lisa Golightly
07-04-2006, 07:52 AM
Very funny and in the spirit of things :)

Sally24
07-04-2006, 08:33 AM
Wish I had his cheekbones!

Kate Simmons
07-04-2006, 08:48 AM
Got to be a "fantasy" show, Hon. People really don't do that stuff do they? LOL Ericka

Francine
07-04-2006, 08:50 AM
I think Joe had been "praticing" ;)
(lucky guy)

Francine

Marla S
07-04-2006, 09:05 AM
I liked the blond wig better.:D

Lawren
07-04-2006, 09:09 AM
Nice transformation but I give hime the "Dumb question of the Decade Award".

"So, what's in these things, milk?"

Can anyone over 10 years old really be that clueless? Even in the spirit of humor that is just plain dumb.

Jamie M
07-04-2006, 09:16 AM
hmmmm , me thinks he may have done this before that voice and how he carries himself just a little too good if you know what i mean , either that or he's just a VERY fast learner , brilliant little show though , will be watching out for new ones of these. great find trisha :thumbsup:

Emeralddragon
07-04-2006, 09:23 AM
Well she sure seemed eager to get hit on anyway....

Kinda good. Acted like an idiot for a bit but nice stuff. I wasnt actually thinking of trying something like that but i might look into it after seeing how well it can be done. The end result looked great.

Jamie M
07-04-2006, 09:29 AM
got to admit feeling the same , never really interested in the dressing service side , can do that well enough on my own , but the photo session part , now that really does look fun , no mucking about with self timers and all ;)

Stacie Stockman
07-04-2006, 09:29 AM
That was soo cute! Makes me wish I could bring a video cam into Janet's :D

stefi
07-04-2006, 09:30 AM
Joe makes a good looking CD. He might want to keep it going . He took to it real easy , makes you wonder if he did it before . Stefi :happy:

fionasboots
07-04-2006, 09:40 AM
(S)he really did look kinda cute :heehee:

I'm jealous!

Deidra Cowen
07-04-2006, 09:51 AM
This is a great post and thanks for showing us that movie...I really enjoyed it.

Joe did make for a very pretty girl and like some of you other girls I think Joe has dressed before! He was way too smooth with the mannerisms, voice and generally how comfortable he seems.

Who knows Joe might be a lurker here at the board :D

christine55
07-04-2006, 10:58 AM
But I'll sure bet that he'll do it again.
Hugs, Christine

Marlena Dahlstrom
07-04-2006, 11:21 AM
BTW, the transformation service Joe used is our very own Adam to Eve (http://www.adamtoeve.com/) here in SF.

Breanne
07-04-2006, 11:57 AM
This is a great post and thanks for showing us that movie...I really enjoyed it.

Joe did make for a very pretty girl and like some of you other girls I think Joe has dressed before! He was way too smooth with the mannerisms, voice and generally how comfortable he seems.

Who knows Joe might be a lurker here at the board :D
I agree with you whole heartidly, it's a great post and he does make a very pretty girl. To me, the voice part really tells that he's done this before - or else he's a very, very good imitator, and some people do have that particular talent.

Deborah_UK
07-04-2006, 12:06 PM
having watched the video - I think the "voice" was lip synced and dubbed on afterwards, but I'm happy to be proved wrong

Francine
07-04-2006, 05:34 PM
Maybe we should invite him/her to be a member....
or maybe..
he/she already is! :happy:

I also did a search on "Adam to Eve", and it is real. and seems to be very resonable priced for those in San Francisco area.

Francine

Rachel Morley
07-04-2006, 06:04 PM
I agree with others.......I smell a rat......the voice is way too perfect. Let's face it they're hardly likely to do an item on cding, using a real dressing service, and then have Joe end up looking like crap. That said, I'm sure Joe had a great time...just like the many times before. :D

Thanks for sharing Trish.

princessmichelle
07-04-2006, 06:18 PM
Hi,

Thanks for sharing the video. Maybe even inspiring.

princessmichelle

Kimberly
07-04-2006, 06:19 PM
...... ¬_¬

It's annoying when a complete newbie passes better than you do...

¬_¬

B1tch.

Shelly Preston
07-04-2006, 06:27 PM
I enjoyed it very entertaining

The look was always going to be good.
Hey it's for Television

The voice is just too perfect. It's the work of someone used to doing female voice or a female for real.

JiveTurkeyOnRye
07-04-2006, 06:32 PM
Nice transformation but I give hime the "Dumb question of the Decade Award".

"So, what's in these things, milk?"

Can anyone over 10 years old really be that clueless? Even in the spirit of humor that is just plain dumb.

Oh come on, you didn't see that as an obvious joke? I don't think for a second that he really thought there was milk in there. It's not dumb in the spirit of humor, I thought it was funny, so it was effective.

JiveTurkeyOnRye
07-04-2006, 06:33 PM
...... ¬_¬

It's annoying when a complete newbie passes better than you do...

¬_¬

B1tch.

To be fair, he did have professional help.

Stacie Stockman
07-04-2006, 10:51 PM
I think that Delicia's voice was dubbed in. Just that the lips dont match the sound. Thats my opinion and Im sticking to it.

Francine
07-04-2006, 11:16 PM
If you checked the other videos, you might see that he appears to be a roving "reality reporter". and even has been in "gay themed" videos. I think his voice.. is real. ;)

Francine

renee99
07-05-2006, 01:02 AM
You can save the video by using this link

http://video.current.tv/video/feeds/joe/PD03275_JOE_JoeGetsFemale.flv

The programs "VideoLAN" and "mplayer" will play it.

VeronicaMoonlit
07-05-2006, 02:37 AM
You can save the video by using this link

http://video.current.tv/video/feeds/joe/PD03275_JOE_JoeGetsFemale.flv

The programs "VideoLAN" and "mplayer" will play it.

A ha! Another penguinista. ffplay will as well (and probably kaffiene, xine, etc) , if one has ffmpeg installed, which will also let you convert it.

Why the heck people use flv for online video instead of high quality MPEG4 is beyond me. Yes, I know, filesize, but the flv is already 16MB!

Veronica
Rondelle (Ron) Rogers Jr.

Deborah_UK
07-05-2006, 03:23 AM
A ha! Another penguinista. ffplay will as well (and probably kaffiene, xine, etc) , if one has ffmpeg installed, which will also let you convert it.

Why the heck people use flv for online video instead of high quality MPEG4 is beyond me. Yes, I know, filesize, but the flv is already 16MB!

Veronica

oh my!!

what does all that mean in English?? :eek: :D

HaleyPink2000
07-05-2006, 11:33 AM
The Joe Gets guy looks like Allison Anderson on here!
Very pretty en femme. Oh and the videos are so funny!
I sent the link to all my e-mail box.:D

Thanks for the thred.

hotxbuns
07-05-2006, 12:30 PM
I think the voice was for real, if you check the blooper at the end he used the same voice but what a great find thank you.

fionasboots
07-05-2006, 02:09 PM
I think the voice was for real, if you check the blooper at the end he used the same voice but what a great find thank you.

I agree, I think the voice was real and the blooper bit at the end proves that, you wouldn't bother lip-syncing that.

Since Joe seems to have done all sorts of stuff it's perfectly possible that he is good at imitating other voices anyway and his normal guy voice didn't seem particularly deep anyway.

I guess that they maybe just had quite a few takes to get all sorts of bits of the film right so it's hardly surprising everything seemed just perfect for him ... then her.

I'm still jealous though!

Hmm, must get to SF for the same treatment :D

JasmineR
07-05-2006, 02:55 PM
That was good, he turned out to be a pretty girl.

VeronicaMoonlit
07-05-2006, 06:43 PM
oh my!!

what does all that mean in English?? :eek: :D

A penguin named Tux is the mascot for the Linux operating system. Linux users are sometimes jokingly referred to as penguinistas

Mplayer is a media player used (mostly) on Linux so I guessed renee was a Linux user.

Kaffeine and Xine are also media players used on Linux. ffplay is part of the ffmpeg media conversion application. Using ffmpeg one could convert the flv (the flash video format) of the video discussed in this thread to something else, like MPEG4.

MPEG4 is the latest, greatest video format. It lets you compress high quality files into relatively small sizes. It will replace MPEG2 (used on DVD) in the next generation HD disc formats HD-DVD and Blu-Ray. Various versions of MPEG4 can be played by varous portable media devices, like the video iPod, the Sony PSP, the iRiver U10, etc.

Does this help?

Veronica

Joy Carter
07-16-2006, 04:56 PM
Hey girls,

A thunderstorm woke me early this morning so I have been up surfin the web and stumbled across this......

http://www.current.tv/pods/joegets/PD03275

It's an online reality TV show, in this episode Joe goes to a CD transformation studio and lets the owner work her majic on him.

I thought you might like it.

Trish

Thanks again Trish this was really good !

Barb Valentine
07-16-2006, 08:00 PM
That was entertaining :thumbsup:

windycissy
07-16-2006, 10:52 PM
Awesome! Maybe I'm naive, but I really do believe their are "naturals" at this, and of course he is a professional actor to boot....reminds me of two great stories about a transformation studio in San Francisco, Skirting the Law (http://snurl.com/skirting)and The House of Fabulous (http://snurl.com/fabulous)

Windy

Jenn2716
07-16-2006, 11:10 PM
That was so cute. He should have shaved his pits though, then he could have worn a prettier top.

Thanks for posting the vid.

Michelle Ellis
07-16-2006, 11:53 PM
WoW! Thanks for sharing that! :) I had a great big perma grin thru that entire video!

I think he enjoyed the hell out of it :p

That's the kind of kickstart I need to get out in public! I would so like to do that.

M

Kim West
07-17-2006, 01:55 AM
I thought Joe looked a little like Kelly Osbourne...???

..He is clearly a nice guy who played the role very well..and did not judge us along the way...

sadiechan
07-17-2006, 04:53 AM
Darn his cute little butt.

The voice, I'm afraid, was quite clearly real as the blooper at the end indicated. We're all just a little bit jealous I'm afraid :) Never mind. He's definitely comfortable with his own image, sexuality, gender etc (watch his other vids) and I just thought it was an excellent report. For one his jokes were never anti-crossdressing, two he showed that these services can do an amazing job. It was an excellent little episode.

And as for Kelly Osbourne... so much prettier than her. He was beautiful and I hate him for it. :)

Sadie Chan.