PDA

View Full Version : Went shopping today at kohls and VS

DanielleAnne
07-04-2006, 11:47 AM
Hi Girls, Went shopping at Kohls went direct to lingerie after picking up my hold at c/s. Bought two Vanity Fair #75243 bras. Just so happens I work at this paticular store. I know people are going to talk, so what. Went to VS the store manager helped me i said i was looking for the Very Sexy bra line in a 38 B or C. Something that would help me push out. Ended up buying a Body by Victoria bra 38B and what do you know the manager gave me free of charge padded enhancers to put inside my bra to give me more shape. At point of sale she asked my name and gave me hers. Not a bad day at all...

typical_guy
07-04-2006, 12:07 PM
That's great! That sounds like you had a fun and exciting time! So with the name, did you also get her number or give her yours? Who knows, maybe she's into it.

Karren H
07-04-2006, 12:32 PM
WOW I love Kohl's...my favorite store to shop....and great clearence racks!!

Love Karren

Denise01
07-04-2006, 05:23 PM
I had a fabulous experience to-day as well.

Normally when i am going shopping, i go fully femme.
Had to go and see a doctor to-day in a city that is about hour and half away, and that is were i also go to do a lot of my shopping.

Having to go to the hospital and the doctor first, thee was no way, i could go femme,
I stopped into ladies wear store in a mall i go to quite a bit, and browsed around just to see what new items they had, as i have not been there for a couple of months.
The sales girl, came over and asked as usual if she could help me.
I commented just looking, but did see something i liked, and really wanted to try on.
I was looking for a dress that was knee length approximately, and found one that i kind of liked. There was also a nice summer skirt and matching top, i looked at earlier in the spring, but it was a bit pricy then.
I am not sure if she recoginzed me or not from being in there before, but she did ask if I would like to try them on. I was in heaven then, having the girl ask me if i wanted to try anything on when i was i drab.
I took here up on the offer. It was a good thing, the dress had to be one size larger, and the skirt one size smaller. She then found another dress i was looking at in the spring, tha was also on sale. it too fit very well.
As result i bought 2 dresses, and a matching skirt and top. Felt real good to be treated like a lady and induvidual wether femme or not.
Got chatting after for a bit, as this store did a fashion shoe at a TG event i was at in April, and did a great job.
The sales girl, told me, that it was fine with them wether i came in in drab or femme, and could always try anything on i wished.
From here comments, i think they have a few TG people come in to buy, and as she said, we treat all customers alike
Nice to know we are respected and wanted

Denise

terrigurl
07-04-2006, 05:49 PM
Honestly, I haven't been impressed by the clothes at Kohl's, but I have bought several purses (on sale) there to go with my various outfits. Their prices are OK, but not great.

Terri

Kimberly
07-04-2006, 05:53 PM
woo for shopping!!

I went today too... bought shoes. Ah!! My size too!! :D

princessmichelle
07-04-2006, 07:03 PM
Hi,
A couple of years ago at a VS in nyc the manager was a gg who went out of her way to encourage me and (therefore?) I bought a bra (after getting measured!) and some other stuff.
So DanielleAnne: your experience resonated with me.

princess michelle

DanielleAnne
07-04-2006, 07:36 PM
Was that at Zellers?

Jennaie
07-04-2006, 11:14 PM
I did'nt go shopping today. :(, but I'm glad you ladies had fun. :happy:

Melora
07-05-2006, 04:32 AM
Wow! Danielle! - How COOL is That or WHAT!

RachelDenise
07-05-2006, 04:39 AM
Danielle, I wish I had as much fun as you did yesterday. How cool was your shopping trip!:happy:

Denise01
07-05-2006, 06:38 PM
Hi Danielle:

Thanks for the reply to my post.

The store I was in was Addition-elle. I do shop there quite a bit, and they have always treated me as a lady with respect, like they would any other customer.
I have also been in several other Addition-elle stores, and again, always received the same courtesy and professional service.

I do go to Zellars at times, but I have never really found anything there that I like or seems to fit me well

Denise

SamanthaS
07-09-2006, 12:11 PM
Hi Girls, Went shopping at Kohls went direct to lingerie after picking up my hold at c/s. Bought two Vanity Fair #75243 bras. Just so happens I work at this paticular store. I know people are going to talk, so what. Went to VS the store manager helped me i said i was looking for the Very Sexy bra line in a 38 B or C. Something that would help me push out. Ended up buying a Body by Victoria bra 38B and what do you know the manager gave me free of charge padded enhancers to put inside my bra to give me more shape. At point of sale she asked my name and gave me hers. Not a bad day at all...

That is soooooo cool. Wish I had the nerve to shop and say it's for me.

SamanthaS
07-09-2006, 12:13 PM
Hi,
A couple of years ago at a VS in nyc the manager was a gg who went out of her way to encourage me and (therefore?) I bought a bra (after getting measured!) and some other stuff.
So DanielleAnne: your experience resonated with me.

princess michelle

Did the manager measure you in private?

tekla west
07-09-2006, 12:52 PM
If it wasn't for crossdressers Victoria's Secret would be as broke as the federal government. The manager at the one near me says that she gets 20-30% of her business from men. And they ain't buying size zero.

Kohls never did it for me. Too mainline/middle of the road. If I'm going to go into a real store - as opposed to a thrift store - I want something that kicks major butt and something I'm NOT going to see people going to their cubicle life in.

But, the reason there are lots of stores, is because there are all kinds of styles, all kinds of tastes - so if Kohls floats your boat, then rock on.

JoAnnDallas
07-10-2006, 09:46 AM
Last year, I went into VS and asked if I could apply for a Angel Card. The sales lady said "No problem, step over here", she took my data and while she was putting it all into the computer, she started tell me about the current sale they had going on. Didn't seem to cross her mind that I was standing there in drab. I did asked if many men get Angel Card's, and she remarked that more men than women get them.

Jodi
07-10-2006, 08:16 PM
Joanne, VS is part of Limited Brands. The Limited sets quotas for getting credit cards each shift. By coming in and asking to get a card, you made her day. If her quota for that shift was three, now she only had two to go. When I worked at the Limited, my daily quota for cards was at least two per shift. Around the holidays, it went up to three or more per shift. Before each shift in a Limited Brands store, each SA is given a sales goal and a credit card goal. Results of these goals are charted and tracked by the manager. Continued employment and future pay raises depend upon meeting the established goals.

So, for any of you girls that are afraid to walk into The Limited, Express, or VS and ask for a credit card, you will not only be accepted, you will be jumped by the nearest SA so she can make her quota.

Jodi

SultrySara
07-10-2006, 09:42 PM
Goodwill and Ebay have both been GREAT to me! all though I gota stop spending soo much money for Sara, cause I got real life bills to pay as well. I find shopping almost addictive, it's no wonder girls love it soo much.

Samantha_S
07-10-2006, 10:59 PM
Thanks DanielleAnne.
I figure the best way for me to buy the c/d stuff is just be honest.
I'm going to V/S next week. (Paycheck thing) and just tell the clerk that I'm a c/d and can you help me?
It will either work or it won't.
What do I have to lose on it?

noname
07-10-2006, 11:07 PM
Wow, I was in VS with my wife while she was shopping, the sales lady made a product suggestion, at which I commented I didn't care for it. She then told me, "don't you have something better to go do?". I don't think we've been back.

"I'm going to V/S next week. (Paycheck thing) and just tell the clerk that I'm a c/d and can you help me?"

Let me know how it goes. I always figured something like that would give a person the, you pervert get out of here.

Emma England
07-11-2006, 06:27 AM
I only hear good things about VS.

Shame they aren't in my country :sad:

tekla west
07-11-2006, 10:31 AM
Victoria's real Secret was that in the beginning, it was started by two men

noname
07-11-2006, 12:45 PM
They used to have a mens line years ago. Shame they did away with it, it was the only place to get decent boxers with out scooby doo and crap printed on them.

Gretchen
07-11-2006, 02:15 PM
Have yet to purchase anything for myself at VS, but have bought several items for my wife. In all honesty, I can't imagine it would be any more difficult to repeat purchases but for myself. I doubt they really care who is giving them money.
I have been to Kohl's several times and don't much care for their skirt or blouse selections, but the hosiery dept is the best I have found in my area. That includes Macy's, Nordstrom, Penney's and VS. For whatever reason, Kohls has the best selection of Hanes stockings, thigh highs and pantyhose in the size and colors that I like.
Love,
Gretchen

Michelle Ellis
07-11-2006, 04:15 PM
That sounds like so much fun :) I wish there was a VS around my area. Dunno if I could bring myself to actually shop there, but I still wish there was one :p

M

princessmichelle
07-13-2006, 01:56 PM
Hi Samantha,

You asked:

Did the manager measure you in private?

I was measured in the area in front of the dressing rooms (between the changing rooms and the bra room) by a sales clerk.

But the manager took extra time to chat with me, beginning with an emphasis on how very ok she was with my trying on stuff, mentioning that men do try on stuff, lingerie ideas, and even chatting about the weather. When I went back relatively recently I was told that she was promoted, but other clerks at that branch have been even nicer than at some other branches.

Just my experience.

princess michelle