PDA

View Full Version : Permanent hair removal on armpits

JenniferMint
07-04-2006, 02:43 PM
Has anyone here ever done permanent hair removal on armpits?

What method did you use (electrolysis, laser, etc.)?

How long did it take?

How much did it cost?

Did it hurt?

Siobhan Marie
07-04-2006, 03:16 PM
I wouldn't have any of that done as the skin under your arms is very sensitive, Shaving works best for me

:hugs: Anna x

ava_bruna
07-04-2006, 05:31 PM
work's for me, did my underarm's a few time's and now, no more hair, funny tho it work's there but not all over. still need to use it. but it's best for overall coverage. easy around the tender area's I KNOW:(

KatieZ
07-05-2006, 09:05 PM
Shaving in the shower only takes a minute.

Why go through the pain and expense of laser or electrolysis.

Hugs

Jean GG
07-06-2006, 12:50 AM
I had electrolysis done years ago.......and it's the best thing I did! I still have to shave a little, once in a while, but I can go for months and months without doing so. I asked the doctor to give me some codeine for the pain (advil also helps). I don't remember the cost as it was long ago...but it was not cheap.

I have recently had laser on my legs and after four sessions I am supposedly done. But, I may need some touchups. GOSH WAS IT PAINFUL!!! Tried to get painkillers from the doc and although they supplied them, they did not seem to relieve any of the pain. I don't know if I will go back for touch ups...if so it will not be for a while...not until I forget the excruciating pain! The cost...high enough!

Hope this helps!
Hate posting only serious replies all the time! :)jean

JenniferMint
07-06-2006, 03:05 PM
Shaving in the shower only takes a minute.

Why go through the pain and expense of laser or electrolysis.

Because it's more like one minute a day for eternity, or something like that. All those minutes add up.

Marla
07-06-2006, 03:14 PM
I shave there once a week and it works fine!

Kimberly
07-06-2006, 03:39 PM
*hide nasty stubble eminating from armpit*

Okay... I need a touchup.

Anyone ever tried epilating that area?? It's my plan to buy an epilator for my legs, (my leg hair is so damn coarse!!) and wondered if I shouldn't use it anywhere else.

trannie T
07-06-2006, 03:46 PM
Why bother? Even those who have been through the process of electrolysis have to shave. Save the money and buy yourself a nice dress.

Maria D
07-06-2006, 05:16 PM
Anyone ever tried epilating that area??

You know, it is possible to die from pain. :straightface: Of course, if you are made of stern stuff, and can cope with the likely blood loss, then it might be effective for you. You will have to judge that for yourself after doing the weaker leg hair.

Take care :)

Michele
07-06-2006, 05:34 PM
I have used an epilator on my armpits.... It was significantly more painful than doing your legs with one... I went slowly and my armpits went hairless for 3 or 4 weeks... I did not have any issues with ingrown hairs in my case... but prefer to shave em in the shower.. my hair is also very fine... I also tried the epilator on my chin, which was also more painful, and it gave me a rash... If you are feeling brave, I would only try it on a small area at first and see how well it works for you.

KateW
07-06-2006, 10:39 PM
I have also heard that epilating under the arms is very painful, so being a natural chicken, haven't attempted it yet! Besides which, as your armpits are quite a small area, it only takes a minute to shave them.

michelle19845
07-07-2006, 12:05 AM
i found an at home kit for doing electrolysis.hopefully in a month i'll try it,gotta get money.it has a 30 day money back guarantee and can be used anywhere on the body,claims 60% will not come back a 2nd time.

Elena Ambasce
07-07-2006, 12:29 AM
I'm sure most of you ladies know these two sites very well by know, but for the girls just starting out:

http://hairfacts.com/
http://hairtell.com/

DawnRodgers
07-07-2006, 12:39 AM
Hate to be repetitive here but, again, I use the Philips/Norelco epilator "Satinelle". Use it on my arms, chest, underarms, tummy, pubic area and legs. Everywhere but the face. It works just fine, very little pain and lasts for 3 - 4 weeks. additional use results in less pain in that the hair grows in finer. Long term use results in a more feminine regrowth, if any at all and a quick shave gives a smoothness as good as any lady can do.
Dawn