PDA

View Full Version : Who's that girl?

Krissi
11-29-2004, 02:25 PM
I've tried to start a thread like this for a few days and haven't been able to come up with a title, today when I started, Madonna's "Who's That Girl" came on the radio so here we are.

I was just reading another thread about if we were dorky as a kid and it got me to thinking about growing up, and it made me reflect how Krissi has grown with me. So this thread is about the girl you see yourself as, and how she has grown (if she has) with you over the years.

I started dressing at about 11, I wore my mom's things so with her being a business woman that tended to be my style through my teen years when I physcially dressed. I did have my fantasy self. Many nights I went to sleep thinking about being just a teen girl. I have always been able to picture myself as a girl, my same looks now just with different parts. I would dream of myself as a girl very similar to one of our star basketball players. She was pretty and tall and smart and popular, a lot of the things I wanted to be. I was a good basketball player as a boy, but with my body (taking into account differences in jumping and such) I would have been a great girls player. I never really wanted to be the prom queen/head cheerleader type. I wanted to be that star girls player.

Once I got to college I got some of my own clothes and Krissi went through her ****ty college chick stage, leather minis, spike heels, etc. My fantasy self was still stuck in high school in the early years. My last year or so I pictured myself as a young teacher, dressed classy yet sexy.

These days, I have all kinds of outfits from dressy, to classy, to ****ty and dress to a mood. My fantasy self has become a cute secretary type.

So my question is who were you, how have you grown, and who's that girl now?

christine55
11-29-2004, 06:02 PM
Your question made me think a bit. Because for as long as I can remember, since about five years old I have wanted to be/dress as a girl. When I was a kid the fantasy was frilly dressys with petticoats. As I got older my tastes changed with the fashions. I wanted to wear what my female classmates were wearing. As times have changed I don't quite dress like most women my age anymore. (especially where I live). I am sure that in San Fran and New York many women still dress like women but alas not here. I suppose I dress in what I consider attractive. I found Mary Ann much more attractive than Ginger (for those of you who remember Gilligan's Island). I never found Pamela Anderson to be cute. Lynda Carter yes, Loni Anderson no. I found the supposedly plain secretary to be much cuter. I guess I would still like to liken myself to the girl next door.
Hugs, Christine
http://myweb.cableone.net/rjoh2/girlnextdoor.jpg

SatinSarah
11-30-2004, 03:33 AM
Good thread. I took ages to get out of the tarty look as this felt sexy. Short skirts and high heels makes me feel very feminine, but then like you I realised you be very gilry in a pair of jeans and a pretty pink t-shirt (with nice t-shirt bra underneath). I am now 40 but probably still want to dress about 30. I am always behind in my fashion transition. I also find at the moment that I go to quite a few black tie functions and I spend the evening lnging to wear the ball gowns of the woment around me. Anything off the shoulder just makes me melt with jealousy. I do wonder what I will be wearing and wanting to wear in 20 years when I am 60?

AnnaMaria
11-30-2004, 09:13 AM
I don't really think that my style has changed all that much over the years. I have always found myself drawn to two distinct types of fashion. The chearleader, school uniforn type and the business woman, secretary type of fashions.
Though I have changed in the type of lingerie that I have found attractive as I have gotten older. At one point I really enjoied the more ****ty style of things and really wanted to look good in it, now I find that what I enjoy most are things that are sexy and yet comfortable and sinsible. Case in point, I really love the look of a garterbelt and stockings but with a lot of todays fashions they just don't fit. To many lines that reveal to much about what is underneath. So like most girls I have had to accept the idea that some of the fashions that are around today are there just simple to make our outerwear more pleasing to the eye of the beholder or to hide what we don't want the world to see. Even though I don't really like the styles I have accepted them as part of being the woman that my heart wants to be.