PDA

View Full Version : Shaved legs (out as male)

steffie39
07-04-2006, 09:40 PM
Hi girls,

For a while now I have been shaving my arms and legs. About a month ago I went out as male when the weather got warm in a short sleeve shirt and no one noticed my bare arms. That was good.

Up until today though I had not worn shorts as male but today for July 4th I decided to go for it. First I waited to see if my wife would say anything about me wearing shorts with my bare legs but she said nothing. I asked her if I looked OK and she said I looked fine. That was hurdle number one.

Next I went out and took my dog for a walk and no one seemed to stare at me. Hurdle number two cleared. Next my wife asked me to go to the store and get some lemons. I did and once again no stares. Hurdle number three.

Finally in the afternoon we had a little barbecue and my wife invited over a couple of her girlfriends. We all had a good time (a girly day for us four if you think of me as Steffie lol) and I didn't see either of them stare at my legs. Thus I got through my first day in shorts as a male. :) Hurdle number four.

I guess all that is left is to go swimming at the pool and the beach but now I feel even more confident about that too. (That'll be hurdle number five.)

I cannot imagine going out en-femme with hairy legs or arms. I wish the hair could magically grow back right away when I revert to male but since this is impossible, at least I have the next best thing: smooth legs as Steffie but no one noticing (so far) as male. As good as I can hope for, to be sure. :)

Steffie

Cherry Lynn
07-04-2006, 09:52 PM
I wear shorts out and go to the beach with my legs shaved and no one really seems to notice. My son made a remark about it but has not said anything since but he is one who always has something to say about anything anybody else does but does not want anybody saying anything about what he does.

Alicia_lynn419
07-04-2006, 10:07 PM
Over the past few years, I have been out with exposed, bare legs and have NEVER had any comments. i have kept my legs shaved for the past 24/7/365.. and the only one who HAS commented was my ex wife.. seems she's the only one who notices, or cares....

tekla west
07-04-2006, 10:16 PM
I don't think most people notice much of anything, much less how much hair is on your legs

JuliaCD
07-04-2006, 11:02 PM
I wear shorts all the time and nobody notices my shaved legs. Think about it: how often do you see a guy in the grocery store and notice the amount of hair on his legs???

typical_guy
07-04-2006, 11:07 PM
I'm a VERY hairy person, my arms look like they belong to a bear they're so hairy. if i shaved them everyone at work would definately know it. maybe i should take a slow approach, slowly cut back on them and over a year people won'tnotice when it disapears? LOL

JamieTG
07-04-2006, 11:11 PM
I've been totally shaved all year round for the past 7 years and no one has ever said a thing about it. Even when I've gone back home to visit my sister she has never said a thing. Its much more common today anyway. Swimmers, bicyclists, and other athletes shave so I don't think its a big deal anymore.
Jamie

Denise01
07-04-2006, 11:17 PM
I have been totally shaved now for at least 3 years,

In the summer while I do not wear shorts often, I do wear short sleeve t-shirts every day. No one has said a word about no hair on my arms or legs when i have been in a swim suit.

As long as it is OK with your wife, why worry about any one else, and enjoy your new found freedom of having no hair on your body to worry about.

Enjoy as it has been a long time for you getting there

Denise

typical_guy
07-04-2006, 11:18 PM
jamie, does your sister or your coworkers/friends know that you CD? i mean if they know it wouldn't be that big a deal i don't guess. i know a lot of people that i've told but there's some i haven't told.

Eugenie
07-05-2006, 01:04 AM
I aggree completely that no one cares if a male has bare legs and bare arms. Actually it is now rather frequent that male use depilatory creams, even those who aren't X-dressers.

I just wish I could convince my So about it... :o

She got in a terrible crisis when she discovered that I had shaved my arms (note that she had not noticed it for quite a while...). She asked: "What are people going to think? Do you want to come out?" All my explanations were to no effect...

So I live with it... I shave the rest of my body but not my arms, the only part of my body, besides my face, that she gets to see since we sleep in separate rooms.

Any good ideas to explain that no one cares about bare skin in males welcomed...
:hugs:
Eugenie

trannie T
07-05-2006, 01:35 AM
I shave my legs, wear shorts and never get any reaction or comments. I've never had the courage to shave my arms, seems that hairless arms would be much more noticeable than shaved legs.

triciaannmarie
07-05-2006, 02:27 AM
Heaven forbid that a man should shave his legs.

Then how did that Nair for men get in my medicine cabinet?

Maybe the Nair Hair Nymph left it . Okay so i use the stuff.

Always nice to have a leg up on the competition. Or maybe even two.

No one cares if your legs are hairless. Bare legs rock

Lisa Golightly
07-05-2006, 02:33 AM
Loads of guys shave their legs these days... so I'm told :blushing:

lynn27
07-05-2006, 05:48 AM
I'm a VERY hairy person, my arms look like they belong to a bear they're so hairy. if i shaved them everyone at work would definately know it. maybe i should take a slow approach, slowly cut back on them and over a year people won'tnotice when it disapears? LOL

typical_guy

you might want to get one of those beard triming electric razors and start at a high setting and week by week lower it until the hair on your arms is gone...0.02

lynn

jeri1973
07-05-2006, 07:06 AM
I have shaved me legs off and on for several years during the winter. However, this year I left the hair off a little longer than usual and I've been doing as others have suggested and thin it out with trimmers. I trim it and wait a week or two and trim it again but this time shorter. The hair on my legs is barely noticable now and my first real test was yesterday when I was around my family that knows I'm am one hairy thing. They didn't say a word. I keep the hair off my chest, back and underarms and slowly getting that way on legs. Go ahead and shave it or trim it back a bit. No one will say a word and if they do remember they are your legs.

cute_cd_paige
07-05-2006, 07:19 AM
Ive told my wife i want to shave mine in the summer and she thinks some of her family would notice i kinda agree with her people i work with would probly notice as well for now i have to wait till fall / winter lol. I also had a thread on this subject "shorts in the summer ? skirts in the winter? " was the name of it lol either way my advice is if noone notices do what makes u feel good just be considerate of your wifes feelings as well :happy:

Georgette
07-05-2006, 08:54 AM
I have been shaving for years as I am an avid Bicycle rider, and if you can realise that wearing the tight fitting bike gear and if you ride any length of time with hair on your legs and chest also back it is very uncomfortable as it is like having one hair pulled out at a time.
I know alot of bikers that shave and nobody comments or notices.:happyPS wear shorts and tank top all the time, as it is the only thing to wear where I live, in the desert SW.

JoAnnDallas
07-05-2006, 08:55 AM
Looks like someone beat me to this posting. I was about to post a similar posting. I too shave my legs, chest, and arms. So here I am on a 4 day holiday, so I decieded to wear shorts. Like yourself, wife didn't notice anything. No one noticed when we went to Walmart and no one at my sister's BBQ yesterday noticed at all. By this time, I had stop worring about if anyone was going to notice and just enjoyed myself.

Ipexx2
07-05-2006, 09:20 AM
Ii keep legs shaved all year round. Its not a very deal.

Stephenie S
07-05-2006, 09:48 AM
Dear Typical Guy,

I think if you look like a bear you have a very good reason for shaving. If everyone at work will notice you can just say, "God yes, and I am soo glad to be rid of all that hair! I have HATED it all my life". I remember a episode of Sex and the City where one of the girl's boyfriend got a back wax just for her. (she thought he looked to much like a bear).
But, and this is a big BUT, remember shaving that much hair is a BIG chore. And you will have to keep it up if you want to continue.to be smooth and hairless. GGs shave usually just below thier knees and thier armpits. You are looking at your entire legs, back, chest, maybe butt, stomach, and face! Whew, I am tired out just thinking about it. I have far less hair than you descibe and there is no way I could find the time to shave all I have every day. I put up with some stubble from time to time and shave only when going out or when I know I will want to wear a skirt.

Anyway, good luck. And please, shave anything, anytime you want. It's fun.

Lovies,
Stephenie

ava_bruna
07-05-2006, 09:52 AM
I have only started shaving my arm's and leg's my arm's more so, leg's I could alway's cover up with long pant's but arm's? I have alway's worn short sleeves in the summer so I felt uneasy like most I guess, but to make a long story short;) NO ONE HAS SAID ANYTHING !!!my grandaughter use to as a tyke use to pull on my hair's while I held her but guess she forgot that.
I guess it's something like shopping, I sometime's get a little shy looking in the big sale table for either panties or a bra same with wondering if someone is going to ask, why I shave. all I will say is, cause I like to:) I dont think it's KOOL, I think it's HOT !!!!!!!!

carolbitv
07-05-2006, 12:06 PM
hello, i have been totaly shaved for years no one cares

SherryLynn GG
07-05-2006, 12:29 PM
My husband only shaves his legs in the winter time and never shaves his arms(which he's stated already in this thread) But I just wanted to add as far as shaving in the summer time and wearing shorts, I think alot of it has to do with the people who will be seeing you and the environment youre in. My family would definately notice as well as the people he works with, because honestly in the area we live ive never seen a man with shaved legs. Not that its any of their business but who needs the drama of explaining?? when he can simply just not shave??

Lilith Moon
07-05-2006, 12:44 PM
This shaving question crops up regularly. For me it has been a none issue. I'm shaved all over. My wife is not fully accepting but she has no problem at all with my shaving. For the last week it has been blisteringly hot here in the UK and in boy mode I've worn shorts with no top all day long. Today, for example, we visited a large supermarket and there were no looks/comments whatsoever.

Olivia
07-05-2006, 01:51 PM
Aw,come on. Shave your legs if you wish. They are YOUR(not your wife's, not your kid's, not your neighbor's either) legs afterall. I live in a small,Texas town and there can't be many men who do shave their legs but I could care less if they notice mine. I'm not "out" in our community and probably never will be, but shaved legs? Geez, if anyone asks me, I just say, "yeah, I shave them, I like the way it looks and feels and they look better tanned that way." End of discussion. Only a total a**hole would carry it farther, and who cares what they think. Sorry, but that's how I see it. Olivia

LizCD
07-05-2006, 02:03 PM
hello, I have been TOTALLY shaved almost head to toe the only hair I don't shave(or wax or use hair removal cream) is my head no one cares any more

fionasboots
07-05-2006, 02:46 PM
I'm just going through the same experience; have completely shaved legs and have so far been to works BBQ, wandered around shops, outside, home, neighbourhood, talked to neighbours, gone to work (just today) and nobody has said a thing.

Even my wife (doesn't know about the CDing) hasn't really said anything about me going out like that (she was a little surprised when I said I'd shaved but nothing too serious).

I raised the question about excuses for shaving and there do seem to be so many that I guess most people either don't notice or if they do assume that you are into some sport or have some other valid reason to be shaved.

To be perfectly honest I think that "it's just too hot to be hairy"* is a perfectly good reason at the moment with the current UK heatwave!

[ * I wonder if this would be a good CDer bumper sticker? :lol: ]

fionasboots
07-05-2006, 02:47 PM
To be perfectly honest I think that "it's just too hot to be hairy"* is a perfectly good reason at the moment with the current UK heatwave!

[ * I wonder if this would be a good CDer bumper sticker? :lol: ]

Note to self, re-read posts first; got a better bumper sticker:

"I'm to hot to be hairy"

What do you think?

Okay, I'll get my coat.

Olivia
07-05-2006, 02:51 PM
Note to self, re-read posts first; got a better bumper sticker:

"I'm to hot to be hairy"

What do you think?

Okay, I'll get my coat.

"I'm to hot to be hairy"
Hey, I like that a lot!! Mind if we all use it? Olivia

connie rotten
07-05-2006, 03:01 PM
I walk a bit of toe heel to put a little more wiggle in my strole. It seems to raise everyones gaze off of my legs.

pennyma
07-05-2006, 03:01 PM
I've only been shaving my arms and legs for 8 months now only one person noticed or said anything to me I just replied that I don't like sun tan lotion with all the hair so I shaved it off he had no more ? after that.

sheena
07-05-2006, 03:28 PM
I see guys with shaved legs often and I all ways notice. I first think is he a fellow crossdresser or then a bodybuilder or swimmer but I never ask. I wonder if our governor still shaves his? I'm of course talkin about Arnold Schwarzenegger. :D
Sheena

Melinda G
07-05-2006, 05:00 PM
Most women have fine hair on their arms. I just take a scissors, and shorten up the hair on my arms, but not shave it. Just trim it up, and it will make your arms appear smaller.

sierracd6
07-05-2006, 05:05 PM
I have been shaving my legs for five years now. I cannot really say I have been looked at funny. My ex made a comment once, and I just asked her, well what is the difference, some guys don't grow leg hair, does that make them different?....I love it...keep it up hun

ReginaK
07-05-2006, 05:58 PM
I've had shaved arms and legs for a while now. I don't think anyone really cares or even notices unless you're a very famous and hairy person before you shave.

Dee 1062
07-05-2006, 06:32 PM
Steffie: I'm sure people and your wife notice...the thing is, people don't care if you shave your body...we are living in 2006 not 1976...I shave my hands and leggs all the time...shave my arms if needed....of course, but just do your thing....now wear some clear on your nails...wear your stud or diamond earrings and and next time you get your real hair cut tell the person to give you a fem.cut....Now, you go girl.

Annesah
07-05-2006, 09:10 PM
I've had shaved arms and legs for a while now. I don't think anyone really cares or even notices unless you're a very famous and hairy person before you shave.

Regina has it right! That's it...

marti
07-06-2006, 12:58 AM
I have been shaving my legs for a few years now.My wife is ok with them but nothing else shaved.I live in California and wear shorts all year long,even to work sometimes . I have only had a couple of comments and I guess that being an avid bicycle rider helps.

fionasboots
07-06-2006, 02:42 AM
"I'm to hot to be hairy"
Hey, I like that a lot!! Mind if we all use it? Olivia

Sure, go ahead ... one minor gramtical correction though (I really must learn to write/type/spell/etc):

"I'm too hot to be hairy"

Right, I'm off to put in the missing apostrophes and other punctuation from the rest of my posts!

Jena11
07-09-2006, 02:13 PM
I have been shaving my legs for a few years, I have gotten a few comments from people, but not very often, I have also noticed that some people I have known for a long time have noticed but not said anything, I also had a couple of people I know ask me. I really do not care any more. I have wanted to do my arms. but they were really hairy. I am using the trim them approach and then eventuly, no one will notice it. Jenna0.02

KateW
07-09-2006, 07:26 PM
I have never recieved any comments from family or friends regarding my lack of leg hair. Unless people are expecting to find something different, they usually don't tend to notice. Go for it and be confident - and very few people will ever notice. If you are asked, just say that smooth legs help keep your tights up!

Deidra Cowen
07-09-2006, 07:31 PM
I just wear jeans or at the gym I wear sweat pants to cover my shaved legs. If my legs ever completely cleared up from little shaving nicks and bumps I would wear shorts...but lord I have a time with them.

I do see guys with smooth legs fairly often, they are still a small minority but I do see them. I used to be paranoid about my shaved arms but no one notices them or has ever commented.

darlene
07-09-2006, 07:54 PM
i have been shaving my legs for a year now and all my workmates know as i told then and they do not care or say anything i love the feel and what girl wants hairy legs YUK

paulaN
07-09-2006, 08:18 PM
I'v been shaving my legs and pits for two summers now. I wear shorts all of the time no one has made a comment on my hairless legs or pits. My wife is so scared someone will notice. She hates it.I told her the reason she hates it is cus she is so scared what her friend will think if thay do notice. anyway I love them shaved and I am going to keep them that way. I do not like it so much in the winter thou It gets real cold up here in Maine. Advice to all of you gals out there is if you do shave most likely no one will notice, AND the dead give away is pickies if you shave keep them shaved nice and smooth when you where shorts. pickies would be a dead givaway. I have also noticed a lot of men with no or very little hair on their legs. I seem to take notice a lot more sence mine are smooth. So shave away gals. It feels realy good and and that self conscious feeling does go away after a little bit.

Rachel E
07-09-2006, 11:32 PM
I have been shaveing all that i can rerach for the last 3 to 4 years. I love the feeling and wear shorts all the time in the summer. I would like to have my back completly void of hair but the waxing salons will only do part of the back. I have said i shave all from my nose to my toes, yes even the hair that grows you know where...
Love it Richie fr Spokane,Wa 0.02