PDA

View Full Version : Eye Brows

NewbieCD
07-05-2006, 01:39 AM
I burn easily so 95% of the time i wear pants (only time i see shorts is when i am under water lol) but the question I have is Eye brows how do you shape those with out calling to much attention to yourself tips and tricks plz

Lisa Golightly
07-05-2006, 02:05 AM
As for shaping... a bit at a time and people will not notice the change. Some of the girls I know have pencil thin brows and even in boymode no-one comments.

I take it you think when you shape the brow the bare skin will go from white to scarlet? In that case apply some sun protection moisturiser and work some foundation in to even the colour.

Oh, and never pluck above the brow... so they say... :)

DanaJ
07-05-2006, 05:07 AM
There is a good diagram and instructions in a thread in the Beauty Club section - c'mon in and join us there :)

Karren H
07-05-2006, 06:30 AM
I burn easily so 95% of the time i wear pants (only time i see shorts is when i am under water lol) but the question I have is Eye brows how do you shape those with out calling to much attention to yourself tips and tricks plz

Took me months to get mine pared down to the shape I wanted (couple hairs a day) and then it's just a little maintenance every day. But what I do is leave the individual hairs a little longer so I can muss them up a bit for male mode. And the night before a trip, I will trim them back a bit. Then when I dress, I use clear mascara to hold them all inplace and keep them looking thin. And usually use some dark eyebrow shadow, to highlight my eyebrows instead of a pencile. Use a stiff makeup brush for that.

Love Karren

Before and after photo - http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=17027&d=1137973874

Tina Dixon
07-05-2006, 06:43 AM
I have no problem there, I always need to color mine in when I dress.

Kate Simmons
07-05-2006, 07:14 AM
As per Dana, I guess the beauty club has some good tips. I'm a pretty hairy guy and my body shaving regimen was described earlier. My eye brows were fairly thick in the beginning as well. Here's what I did. First, I decided to pluck them out gradually over time so it wouldn't be so obvious and be a "shock" to everyone. This seems to have worked very well. Now I just pluck for maintenance as needed. When I define my brows with a pencil any stray hairs are de-emphasized anyway as it's all part of the illusion to begin with. This way also I can try out different arches different times and they are not the same every time which gives me some diversity with my looks. In any case, it seems to work out quite well as I am always getting compliments on how nice my eyes look. Hope that helps a little. Good luck. Ericka

Veronica E. Scott
07-05-2006, 07:17 AM
Karen

Took a look at your before and after photo and all I can say is Holly S..t what a change ,how do you cover up the mustache. hehehe

NewbieCD
07-05-2006, 08:14 AM
Thank you all for the tips and i will see about joining that other board later.

NewbieCD
07-05-2006, 09:49 PM
i tell you i have thought about this doing it slowly i am trying to figure what shape i want but i tell you i hae to do it over time i am so impatient but it is all i have. Hoooo Hummmm!!!!!

Dee 1062
07-05-2006, 10:06 PM
I need to color mind in so I shape with color.

Wenda
07-05-2006, 10:28 PM
I have started to have a pubic hair invasion of my eyebrows! These really ornery shiny black rogue hairs that NEVER stop growing have been trying to sneak into my finer dark brown brow hair. I pluck those individually, with vengeance. I pluck the white ones as well. My hair stylist used to trim them with a clipper. I have made mental note that many men over 40 experience this unwanted growth, not only in their brows, but their nose, ears, earlobes, the damdest places! Mind you, although I have been bald for years, I am not sure I would welcome the shiny aggressive black and white pubic style hair on my head. Anyway, I have had my brows done professionally, $10, good investment. I wax, usually with good results, but Monday night, I got a bit high on my right brow. OOOps. One guy noticed. I said I dropped muffler cement on it, and when I took it off, it too out the hair. Partly true.
In my teens, I had a unibrow. In my twenties, I plucked it religiously until it pretty well disappeared. I have been reducing the size of my brows for two years, and not even my kids nor my GF, all of whom know I dress, have mentioned it. AS the others advised, go one step at a time. Go slowly. If you make a mistake, it will grow back.

NewbieCD
07-05-2006, 10:38 PM
Yeah i know and my SO is telling me the same that is what i will do but i hate the wait

Lilith Moon
07-06-2006, 06:07 AM
I have started to have a pubic hair invasion of my eyebrows! These really ornery shiny black rogue hairs that NEVER stop growing have been trying to sneak into my finer dark brown brow hair. I pluck those individually, with vengeance. I pluck the white ones as well.

Exactly the same has happened to me ! Thick black and white wiry hairs that seem to grow overnight are invading my ears, nostrils and eyebrows after years of having very fine hair. Needless to say, not one of them has taken root on my scalp :(

For a while I did the same as you and plucked them from my eyebrows but their growth has now overwhelmed the original gentle fine brown hairs and so I simply arch and shape them as best I can.

Leslie16
07-06-2006, 01:22 PM
Have you tried eyebrow stencils? I used them for the first time last month, and they are GREAT! They help you shape the brows perfectly, my big brows became thin long ones (doesnt fool anyone up close, but from a few feet it was wonderful...)

Lilith Moon
07-06-2006, 06:17 PM
Have you tried eyebrow stencils? I used them for the first time last month, and they are GREAT! They help you shape the brows perfectly, my big brows became thin long ones (doesnt fool anyone up close, but from a few feet it was wonderful...)

They sound good. I was half hoping to find some downloadable/printable designs so that I could make my own. A quick Google didn't come up with anything. Anybody know of a url ??

DanaJ
07-06-2006, 08:13 PM
http://www.eyebrowz.com

Rachel Morley
07-06-2006, 10:40 PM
Before and after photo - http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=17027&d=1137973874
To paraphase Humpfry Bogart: "Of all the photos in all the world, this is the one I love the most". I love this "before" and "after" pic of yours Karren, it's absolutely awesome! You rock! :happy:

It's pics like this that really make me smile. See...crossdressing is so much fun!

KateW
07-06-2006, 11:04 PM
My SO shaped mine, so I didn't have to worry about it. While they are actually pretty thin, I have only ever recieved 2 comments about them, and both were positive. Pluck them as thin as you want, but keep their actual length long, so that you can mess them up if need be.

michelle19845
07-06-2006, 11:43 PM
i pluck mine into the thin shape i want and throw a lil mascara on them here and there.it takes time to get all the hairs plucked to where you want them.

Tommie Rae
09-13-2006, 03:15 PM
Go to a beauty salon, tell them you want your brows waxed so they look neat and clean. Wait a month, go back again, tell them the same thing only this time you want just a hint of an arch to make your face look a little more interesting.

Sky
09-13-2006, 05:39 PM
...but the question I have is Eye brows how do you shape those with out calling to much attention to yourself tips and tricks plz

Tough, tough, tough issue!!!

A number of times I tried gradually going into femme mode, and the first thing everybody noticed were the plucked / shaped eyebrows. Dang!

I never found a satisfactory solution. Just used to drench them in concealer and then draw them with a pencil. Oh well...

Kristen Kelly
09-13-2006, 06:13 PM
I need to color mind in so I shape with color.

I wish all I had to do was color them in, I have thinned them out nicely, next time I do my hair I am going to have her dye them, more and more of those gray ones are poping up lately