PDA

View Full Version : Who said guys can't wear pink? lol

myMichelle
07-05-2006, 01:17 PM
Hello everyone:

As some of you probably already know, I recently fell and broke my left wrist (Thank God I'm right-handed!) My left arm will be in a cast for six weeks, which makes me slightly Michelle-challenged, so to speak--but it's not stopping me!

When I was having the cast put on, the DR. showed me a variety of colors from which to choose. There were all sorts of colors to pick from...black, brown, orange, red, etc. But it only took me about one second to spot a nice hot pink/fuschia. I immediately knew that was the color for me. I am now the proud owner of a nice hot pink cast! I love it. Everyone seems so surprised at my color choice--but I love it! (All of the nurses were a bit surprised at my choice of colors, and one of them even said to me "It takes a real man to wear pink!" I just told them I'm in touch with my feminine side and smiled.) The funny part is that people have no idea just how true that statement is...hehehe:heehee:

Anyway, I just thought I'd share my story with everyone. Who says guys can't wear pink?

SherryLynn GG
07-05-2006, 01:25 PM
I see guys wear pink all the time. Lots of pink in the mens dept these days. So I dunno who said Men cant wear pink lol Of course youd never catch my dad or brother in pink, guess its all in the person...Hope your arm gets well soon:happy:

tekla west
07-05-2006, 01:42 PM
Pink was the hot "in" color for men's shirts and ties last year at least

Emeralddragon
07-05-2006, 01:51 PM
I dunno about this. Im a bit weird ya see. When it comes to pink i wont have anything to do with it unless its the colour of a pieces of womens clothes. If it aint then no pink for me. I used to have a hang up about pink and thinking that only really gay men wore pink. Typical guy notion ya know. Brought on mainly by the way everyone around me at the time said as much. Guess hang ups like that stick with ya in a way no matter how accepting you become with age and a little bit of understanding.

Calliope
07-05-2006, 01:54 PM
So excellent! And what's more macho than an arm cast?

Back when I was dressed en drab for a long spell - except I kept my hair, that rounded 60's 'do exemplied so well on Streisand's 3rd album cover - I got to wearing pink Converse sneakers for a while. When I went to one particular job interview, the receptionist saw them and said, 'Oo, anyone with those shoes should get the job.' And I did get the job - mental health (!) counselor, 10 years. (I should add that was Northampton MA.)

Emma England
07-05-2006, 02:55 PM
I have a 5 month old nephew. Wanted to get a congrats card on a newly born son. Could never find one in pink - they are all blue.

Only thought casts came in white.

Hope your wrist gets better soon. :hugs:

Jenni
07-05-2006, 04:30 PM
I totally ADORE pink!!

If I had my way, my bedroom would be pink from top to bottom. Always wanted the pink bedding, curtains, etc.

Settled for a pair of Reeboks with pink stripes on them, and no one's said anything yet:o

jen

Pink Satin Sissy
07-05-2006, 04:36 PM
Keeping it pink is the only way to dress.

Pink

loki_uk
07-05-2006, 04:45 PM
I've got a pink adult baby dress to wear clubbing, in satin and lace with little flowers on it...it's really hard to look macho but it's great fun to wear

sierracd6
07-05-2006, 04:49 PM
I love pink....All my outfits have some pink, even if it just my thong and bra....I love it...makes me feel all girly

Dee 1062
07-05-2006, 04:56 PM
I love Pink, and yes to Purple...I have several Pink shirts, I wear when not in dress.....also several Pink socks....
I love to wear Pink tops and Black bottoms.
Think Pink !

Kimberly
07-05-2006, 06:16 PM
haha!!

Nice work :p

tekla west
07-05-2006, 06:28 PM
In fact, prior to WWII little boys were sent home from the delivery room in pink, girls in blue, it was thought that pink was a 'stronger' color.

Pink being a gay color is a Nazi deal, consentration camp markings. The color the gay movement choose for itself was lavender / purple.

I wear pink/black cons with pink sox at work (see avatar) because of ELVIS, who make pink the rock and roll color.

Laura C
07-05-2006, 08:50 PM
Yesterday On my shopping day I wore a pink scoopneck top with tan shorts along withmy 3inwedge sandles. it felt great.

Sissy_in_pink
07-06-2006, 03:18 AM
Yep, pink is my fav colour, especially baby pink and yes I bought a mens baby pink tshirt with several buttons down the front and have worn it in drab, although I was a bit nerves, no one said a word.

Tina Dixon
07-06-2006, 06:09 AM
You just won't be able to wear red for a while, because they say red and pink don't go together.

Francine
07-06-2006, 07:00 AM
Pink isn't usually my first choice. But I do have a pink top that is special, because it was the only gift my wife ever gave me. (only because it was too small for her) But it did go well with my striped skirt that I had bought, but was having a hard time finding something to wear with it.

I have one other bright pink novelty tee-shirt that was a gift from my son and his gf. But it says "Don't laugh, ... I borrowed it from your girlfriend!" (I don't wear it because I'm not looking for a bar room fight. I might wear it bowling some night)

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=12632&d=1129530025

Francine

JamieTG
07-06-2006, 07:59 AM
I recently bought a pink cell phone. The model came in several colors and the salesgirl said "We only have the pink one left and I don't suppose you want that one". I replied "As a matter of fact, thats the one I want". She was a little surprised but still friendly. I also have a pink T shirt that I bought in Florida last year. And along with my yellow "Livestrong" rubber bracelet I also wear a pink one that raises money for breast cancer.
Jamie

JoAnnDallas
07-06-2006, 08:42 AM
In my drab clothing, I have a couple of Pink Ties and shirts. Wife even picked out one of the Pink Ties for me. LOL I see men all the time wearing Pink. In fact back in High School, there was three or four guys that wore a Pink jacket to the Senior Prom and that was in 1965. LOL

ava_bruna
07-06-2006, 09:06 AM
I love PINK so much that I once ( now get this ) painted my engine (moror) in a car I had, OMG it looked sooooo pretty, when ever id check the oil and someone saw it they would say, what a pretty colour, bet I was the only one with a pink motor.:)

Jennifer Soames
07-06-2006, 03:11 PM
when I buy lingerie it is always pink

Marla
07-06-2006, 03:16 PM
I have three pairs of pink panties in my collection and I always feel especially feminine when I wear them. Pink is cool!

trannie T
07-06-2006, 04:16 PM
A friend complemented me on my pink shirt, saying that it showed I was confident about my masculinity. I should have shown her my pink panties.

Rachel Morley
07-06-2006, 09:21 PM
I like to dress quite girly as a a guy. I have several pink tops and t-shirts (some with white trim on them). So yeah, I'm very happy to openly wear pink in (girly) guy mode. :happy: .....and as for underwear....well, I have tons of pink in that area!

tekla west
07-06-2006, 09:32 PM
Pink worked for Floyd didn't it?

After all: There is no dark side of the moon really, its all dark.

tv_sue
07-08-2006, 05:08 AM
well many many years ago pink used to be a boys colour untill the girls nicked it from us . and yes i love pink to have lots of pink shirts in various shades . its about time we nicked the colour back should have a pink day for men

Emma England
07-08-2006, 05:21 AM
We are all pink on the inside, so not wear it on the outside as well?