PDA

View Full Version : A side issue....

Emma_Forbes
07-05-2006, 02:54 PM
Hi Girls,

My male persona is lucky because he still has a good head of hair which is flecked with grey. However, in spite of having it cut very short my sideburns are noticeable if I try to do anything with my wig, such as putting most of the hair behind my ears to keep it out of my face. Does anyone else have this problem and does anyone know how to get round it?

Thanks

Em

connie rotten
07-05-2006, 02:58 PM
Trim the sideburns short and close. Use a havey makeup base over them.

SherriePall
07-05-2006, 03:25 PM
I try to keep my cut short and trimmed. When I have gone out, I have used eyebrow sealer (appropriate color to my wig) on them and wherever it might show under the wig. I think it helps because my wig is light brown and my hair is not.

Stephenie S
07-05-2006, 05:56 PM
Dear Emma,

Shave them off!

When you shave, use your figers to pull the hair above your ear back behind your ear and shave off everything else up to that. Then what falls down in front of your ear will be growing from above your ear just like a GG.
Hope this helps.

Lovies,
Stephenie

Bernice
07-05-2006, 09:20 PM
I used to struggle with exactly this problem. I hated the sideburns peeking out, so I only wore long wigs with matching color. Somewhere in my youth I got the impression that one could tell boys from girls by looking for the sideburns. Most males even my age have sideburns, even if otherwise clean-shaven. I was afraid to shave my sideburns completely off for fear of what people would say. Same with growing my hair long and not having a mustache.

I eventually landed a professional job (career) where long hair is not tolerated, thus the mustache was permanent history (much to my SO's dissapointment). Still the sideburns caused me grief.

More recently, at the ripe old age of 52, I care less, and my sideburns are microscopic. Nobody has said anything - not even my hair-stylist. I did have enough sense to lose them in baby steps, a few hairs at a time. :hugs:

Tracy_Victoria
07-07-2006, 07:45 AM
Em

As you wear dark wigs (well that All I have seen you wear!) you can keep your side burns and wear a wig too! Ie all you need is a brown, and black mascara, to colour the hairs in this area to the same colour as the wig your wearing, then it will not show. (the hair will feel course but it will go un-noticed!)

The best solution to any serious wig user though is to trim them right back and high, I've done this for years as a matter of personal choice, ( I have no wise to look like Elvis or Alvin Stardust as a man anyway!) no one has ever questioned them being cut so high. and once done you can wear any colour wig you want with out effort, and with conviction that it will not be seen as a wig, because of different colour hair showing!

take care

Debbi
07-07-2006, 09:07 AM
when i started dresing again at the begining of this year, one of the first things i did was shave my saideburns. no one has ever mentioned or noticed. i think back in the 60's/70's sideburns were very prominent. but does anyone really ever notice them thses days? I know i don't. I'd just shave them and move on.

renee k
07-07-2006, 11:59 AM
Hi all,

Here's how I take care of the side burn issue. First off my natural hair color is gray. I color the hair in front of my ears, using a mascara wand with a temporary color that matches my wig color. The temporary color comes in stick form and can be found at beauty supply stores. I use it on my eyebrows as well and can be shampooed out. When I have my hair cut. I have alittle extra length left in the area in front of the ears, so that it can be combed into the wig hair line. My electrologist has also shaped my hair line in front of my ears so i have more feminine hair line. I also use spirit gum to tack down the wig hair line to my forehead. Which gives the appearance of the wig hair growing out your scalp.
Hope this helps!

Huggs, Renee

Charleen
07-07-2006, 11:20 PM
As I mentioned on my post, Does anyone notice, I shaved my side burns off the other day. Noone either noticed or could care less. I've notice very few long sideburns latelyanyhow, so I say go for it! Love and xxx, Lily

Dee 1062
07-07-2006, 11:26 PM
Shave them off! Be the girl you want to be...paint your nails
do your makeup and be Hottttt !

REAL MEN WEAR PINK....!

Deidra Cowen
07-08-2006, 07:06 AM
I just go with a wig that frames my face and thus covers the side burns. My side burns are pretty short but when I pull my hair back it is still very dicey getting the right look that will hold up for a few hours. I can cover the side burns but still the hair from my wig can move and reveal them.

Even if you totally shaved away the side burn you still do not have a natural look like a GG has...this is a tough one and I have actually been thinking about going to the wig shop and seeing what they could do so i could have an up-do or ponytail. Thats a much more natural look for shopping and stuff when going out in public.