PDA

View Full Version : bras extenders?

Joelled2000
07-05-2006, 04:07 PM
How much do these extend the size???

Thanks

Billijo49504
07-05-2006, 04:21 PM
Hi and welcome to the family. I just checked the ones I bought yesterday at JoAnn's Fabric. It says it extends from 1 to 3 inches. But the first set of eyes are 1 inch and the last or longest is 2 5/8 inches. So they kinda fudged it. But they work great. I was in a 38C bra and I guess I ate a little tooo much. They were getting a little toooo tight.So get the extender and it's comfort again....:hugs: ...BJ

Phyliss
07-05-2006, 07:03 PM
"Extenders" are a life saver when you need them. Besides finding them in JoAnn's Fabric Shop you can also pick them up in Wally World in the sewing notions section. A bit less money there.
Be sure to also check the distance between the hooks when you go to buy some. There are different sizes.

GG Vanya
07-05-2006, 07:18 PM
wow, Phyliss, I was just about to post this:

Ok, turn about's fair play y'all. Where do you find these extenders? I bought a great sports bra~one that doesn't result in the "uniboob" look, but in a different brand than I usually buy. Bought the size I normally wear, and dang it, it's a lil too snug. Can't take back lingerie in the US yanno...sooooo now I can save the buy!

Thanks ever so much!

Billijo49504
07-05-2006, 08:05 PM
So I'm the big spender, I bought 3 yesterday. A white, black and a beige one. The reason I went to JoAnn's is because Wally World only had white. And JoAnn's had the 3 hook ones in 2 different widths. Oh, by the way, they were $1.99 each. That was just under $6 plus tax....BJ

Michelle2008
07-05-2006, 10:07 PM
Welcome and good thread/topic. I first was introduced to bra extenders about a month ago. I was having a bra fitting at my local JC Penney store and it was determined I was a 42B. My breast forms are a B cup. The lady who gave me my bra fitting....Trish...offered to help me shop for some bras after my bra fitting. I of course eagerly accepted her offer but found out so many bright colored and truly feminine looking bras were all 38B or smaller. Trish soon saw the disappointment in my eyes and said...what about a bra extender? Long story short...I am so happy Trish introduced me to bra extenders. They are a life saver in my opinion. One bra extender extends the bra one size or two sizes. It depends on the style of the bra and how stretchy the bra initially is. And you can find them at Wal-Mart..they are very cheap. I bought a pack 6 for like $4 or $5. Totally worth it!

Good Luck,
Michelle

Wenda
07-05-2006, 10:17 PM
My GF has been culling her extensive bra selection, and Wenda benefits. She gave up a gorgeous little 36C gel bra, oooohhh.... aaaahh...!!
oh, ok, I'm back, anyway with the Wally extenders, 3 for $2, in black, white and beige, I get the use of an expensive gel bra. :D

trannie T
07-06-2006, 12:09 AM
I hooked 19 of them together, now I can wear a 32 C.

Phyliss
07-06-2006, 03:17 AM
trannie t

Thanks loads for the comment, I laughed so hard I spliied my coffee on my lap.

My attorney will be contacting your attorney.