PDA

View Full Version : You Think People Notice?

Charleen
07-05-2006, 10:41 PM
There has been quite the discusion going about people noticing things about us even (especially) when in drab. Mostly about having shaved legs, pits, ect. I'll tell you what- they don'ntice much if at all. I had 2 days off from work and got rid of my sideburns which were promanent. Also as I mentioned last nite on one of my posts, I got my ears pierced today before going into work. Some of these people have known me for years. NOT ONE WORD!I have large gold balls (no cracks please) in my previous naked lobes and nothing. I work in a tourist town, and watched as people walked by today, and I have to admit it, I didn't pay much attention to the small things either, 'tho I admit with all of this talk of shaved mens legs, I was looking out for that. Didn't see any . When I got them pierced, the girl asked why I wanted oierced ears, so I was honest and told her it's something I have wanted for years. That was that. My only frustration comes from the fact that I have to leave these posts in for 4 to 6 weeks. Looks like a little patience waiting to put in some georgeous dangle earrings I Have been eyeing. Oh Well. As to my co-workers, even if they did notice, they probably couldn't care less anyway. Am I going to worry about it? Not on your life! I'm at an age, 55, that I am getting to the point that it doesn't much matter what others think. I'll use a song quote I used before- " I gotta be me " and if it ain't hurting anyone else...... Love ya girls,,,Lily

GG Vanya
07-05-2006, 11:06 PM
Trudi had both her ears pierced years before she and I met. For quite a long time she wore a diamond stud in one ear daily. The professional position that she holds now would be somewhat compromised if she wore "bling" in her ear.

Never has anyone made a comment about both her ears being pierced. My father made a joking comment once about the diamond stud. (she still wears it often during "off" hours)

My red necked ex would have a coronary if he knew that diamond came from one of his "guilt gifts" to me. <wicked grin>

Calliope
07-05-2006, 11:22 PM
What I keep in mind - everyone else is as preoccupied with themselves as I am with myself. Except for a few religious cranks working part-time, clerks are way too burnt to care about much besides quitting time. Sure, in bars where mating rituals are played out, people are scoping out partners but, other than that, only artists are looking closely - to anything.

I was at Borders tonight and saw some Goth girl with terrific looped pigtails and asked her how she did them. She happily provided me with a demonstration. I have no doubt all she took from that little interaction was a flattered sense of how cool she was. Her recollection of me? Gone like a smoke-ring.

I do notice other dressers around town but that's more about me than them.

Marlena Dahlstrom
07-05-2006, 11:24 PM
Well I've had pierced ears for the last six months, and shaved arms and legs for the last year and no one's said anything (although my painted toenails do attract glances, even with "manly colors," when I'm wearing sandals).

It's possible that people have noticed and just not said anything, but when I came out to a client (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34263) recently, I mentioned this issue and she said that she'd never noticed. She could have just been being polite, but since we had a good (hour-long discussion) which included comparing her experiences with being a lesbian in public with her partner to my experiences being out in public I've got no reason to doubt that she wasn't being honest me.

Dee 1062
07-05-2006, 11:42 PM
so now when are you going to get a cute butterfly tatoo...I am working on getting mind real soon, upper arm...how fem.
I wear small diamond studs all the time..no one saids anything...

Sarah Smile
07-05-2006, 11:52 PM
Well, if you had really wanted to get noticed, you'd have to try alot harder than pierced ears and no sideburns. Both these days are as common on men as not.

Jean GG
07-05-2006, 11:57 PM
NOT ONE WORD!

As to my co-workers, even if they did notice, they probably couldn't care less anyway.

I notice things...because of my husband...but I would never say anything to embarass the individual...! I think most people feel the same way. Most people have their own issues and could not be bothered with other peoples issues. It's only the ignorant ones, in my opinion, who would draw UNECESSARY attention so something like this. Enjoy...it is not at anyone elses expense... :) jean

Charleen
07-06-2006, 05:33 AM
so now when are you going to get a cute butterfly tatoo...I am working on getting mind real soon, upper arm...how fem.
I wear small diamond studs all the time..no one saids anything...
Actually I already have a rose on my left arm and a candle stick on my right.

Lisa Golightly
07-06-2006, 05:41 AM
Make sure you keep bathing your lobes :) I have large hoop earrings in today, but I've been known to wear little hearts as well. As you say no-one really pays much attention, unless of course they want to pay attention... Always nice to get a shy smile whilst waiting at the checkout.

Charleen
07-06-2006, 05:41 AM
Well, if you had really wanted to get noticed, you'd have to try alot harder than pierced ears and no sideburns. Both these days are as common on men as not.
Now Sarah, I did not do this to get noticed, only to look a little better. My point was just how little almost everyone, including myself, pays attention to things around us. The exceptions being someone who stands out in the extreme.

Tamara Croft
07-06-2006, 05:48 AM
You know, people don't go around checking to see if you shaved your legs and under your arms ;) When I pierced Tammys ears for the Sparkle weekend, we got back and our daughter (who is 11) noticed the holes. She just laughed and said.... you should get some danglies dad ;) Tam had a bit of mascara left on from the night before, she noticed that too and asked me if he'd been wearing make-up. I just laughed it off and said 'yeah, he didn't remove it properly'.

She hasn't mentioned it since, it was no biggy ;) His legs are waxed/shaved all the time, she's never noticed. Like I said, people just don't go around looking to see if men are hairless ;) Besides, why worry? be happy :bs:

Tina Dixon
07-06-2006, 06:07 AM
I do seem to notice guys wearing more from there ears all the time, it's no big deal any more.

Kate Simmons
07-06-2006, 06:08 AM
Like most have said, most people are too preoccupied with their own problems most of the time but they DO notice, especially women. My wife used to tell me when hairs were growing out of my ears and nose and knew which pair of socks I was wearing but when I "borrowed" one of her bras from her lingerie, she didn't notice--Yeah, right!! They notice but are either being polite or don't want to get into an issue. After all, we're no threat to them, Right? Ericka

Emma England
07-06-2006, 06:49 AM
Maybe people do notice but don't feel the need to mention anything.

tamyracd
07-07-2006, 09:15 AM
I agree with Jean..i think alot of people notice alot of things but just don't say anything...It really takes a bold person to point out something different about someone...I know for me being a cd i notice everything about everyone..but would never say anything to someone..well i might compliment a gg but never say anything to a male...I was a cashier for awhile while in school..I checked everyone out..as a way to pass the day i saw alot of stuff alittle of key so to speak like shiney nails a hint of makeup etc..but for me other than my family and friends i don't really worry about what other people think...it's hard enough to make one's self happy let alone anyone else..just my thoughts for what it's worth..

Georgette
07-07-2006, 09:26 AM
I relly don't think people notice as in this day and age it is not uncommon to see men with periced ears, and age doesn't seem to make a difference.
I am 55+ and I wear small crosses all the time the only comment I have ever had is some GG's have asked where I got them as they have tried to find them and I tell them HE WENT TO JAREDS:heehee: So I don't think they are being sarcaastic, but being cuorious.:happy:

Laura Jane
07-07-2006, 09:51 AM
I think people notice these things, but usually don't make any fuss about them.

I was on a business trip with an overnight stay in a hotel with a work colleauge and just after we checked in he was remarking about the male concierge plucked eyebrows and speculating whether he was an actor or a cross dresser!

Put me off ever plucking my brows!

Angie G
07-07-2006, 10:52 AM
I shave my upper legg and my Granddaughter asked me if I shave my legs.
Itold her no my wife asked I told her yes.
I want to get my ears done have to work on that.:hugs:
Angie G.

myMichelle
07-07-2006, 02:09 PM
You know, people don't go around checking to see if you shaved your legs and under your arms ;)

His legs are waxed/shaved all the time, she's never noticed. Like I said, people just don't go around looking to see if men are hairless ;) Besides, why worry? be happy :bs:

Would someone please explain this to my wife?...lol

I've shaved my legs year-round (as opposed to during winter months only) for about five years now, and still my wife is occasionally afraid that my clean-shaven gams will attract attention.

Thanks for these encouraging words, Tamara.

Karren H
07-07-2006, 02:35 PM
Good for you!! Not touching the balls joke.... Hehehe And no, no one notices anything. Took my wife a day to realize that my mustache was gone! And only after I brought attention to it. Took the coworkers weeks to months. Same with plucking my eyebrows. Thinned them out over time but probably could have done it all at one time. Lol.

Would love to get my ears pierced but I don't have the balls (opsie!!) And have too large an investment in clip-on and screw-on earrings!

Love Karren

tekla west
07-07-2006, 02:52 PM
Its all about attention to detail. I went out after a load in for some band and got my hair cut. It had been down to the middle of my back, and I got a crew cut (gave the hair to Locks of Love) ALL the women noticed immeaditly, the guys, yeesh, some of them still have not noticed.

There is a famous bit that is repeted year in and year out in laws schools where the teacher has someone burst in the door and do something. The students are then asked to describe the person. The descriptions are all over the map. The point is that eyewitness accounts are not often correct. The women tend to be better then the men however one teacher tells me.

For the most part I don't think that most people notice anything. That is why kids are so deadly to CDs, they do notice details. Lucky that our public school system will kill that in them in short order, along with thier creativity.

sparks
07-07-2006, 03:06 PM
I shaved my legs for the second time. The first time I did it was to show off the tatt's better. But whilst the wife was gone for six days I decided to go for it! I got busted three times!!!! Though not a word spoken you could just tell by the faces. And the hair was already growing back just not the lengthy hair I used to sport.
My wife was of course stand-offish. She said she just didn't know how to react to it. Well since she found some of my make-up, boob balloons and I'm still alive and we are still together.

bgirl
07-07-2006, 04:48 PM
I have had numerous comments on my earings at work. I worked in the construction trades for years. The trades are ten years behind in human relations and homophobic in the extreme. Everything is sexualized. My favorite response to comments about my hoops was " why are you asking? If your looking for a date, your not my type. " Shuts em up. If they knew about the cd thing I would never have heard the end of it.

Kimberly
07-07-2006, 06:43 PM
There is some scientific theory or investigation that I remember stating that a high proportion, (something like 70%*) of what we see is actually added on by our brain... that is, our mind reads in digital, rather than analogue: it retrieves a certain amount of sight but fills in the gaps with previous experience.

So people, at a glance may not notice anything you've done "differently" to your body... because they're not looking for it.

*47.278% of statistics are made up on the spot

Carroll
07-07-2006, 08:42 PM
I have 2 peircings in each ear and the only comments I ever get are how nice they are. Basic small studs with a stone in it.

Charleen
07-07-2006, 11:03 PM
Hi Girls, Some terrific comments. A good friend who I see every day, just asked me tonite if I got my ears pierced. I told him they have been done since Wednesday, and he said " No S#*T!" A fellow tour guide came up lter and asked what was different about me. I asked her to take a looh, and she said she had it. I wasn"t wearing my sunglasses! On top of everything else, I shapoed my nails and used Sally Hanson nail coat ( Wow do those look good!). I'ved reached the point where I'm o.k. with anything Lily wants to do. She was suppressed for so long that she is streching her wings. I don't mind abit that she want to wear panties, hose, perfume, done up nails, or anything. Why? 'Cause she's me. I'm her. And to tell you the truth, I have realized she has always been more dominate. It's just that Charlie was ashamed, confused, and in denial. She got liberated because I am now by myself. My wife passed in October, and my son moved on Sunday. Lily said Look out here I come! and I love it and don't care if people notice or not. Even if they do.I'M COMFORTABLE FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MANY A YEAR. Karren, go ahead and go for the piercing.You'll feel great about it and I promice I won't say a word about your balls. Love and xxx, Lily

lostmyhubby GG
07-07-2006, 11:05 PM
I think people are too busy out and about to really notice or pay any attention, i know when Trisha and I went out she was paranoid that everyone was looking at her and noticing...but no one really was.
The more nervouse one is the more attention you draw to yourself anyway i think.
So relax calm down and shop shop shop

Charleen
07-07-2006, 11:14 PM
Oh am I going to shop! Love and xxx, Lily

KateW
07-07-2006, 11:15 PM
There is some scientific theory or investigation that I remember stating that a high proportion, (something like 70%*) of what we see is actually added on by our brain... that is, our mind reads in digital, rather than analogue: it retrieves a certain amount of sight but fills in the gaps with previous experience. So people, at a glance may not notice anything you've done "differently" to your body... because they're not looking for it
*47.278% of statistics are made up on the spot

This is SO true! I have randomly had people (that I have known for ages) notice that my ears pierced and say, "ooh, when did you get that done?" To which I reply "Er... about 10 years ago!".

Krystenw
07-07-2006, 11:28 PM
I have both of my ears pierced twice. My wife don't like me wear earring to work. She says that it isn't very professional.
One of my students asked me about it once when I forgot and had the same kind of diamond studs in that she did. She had been working with me for several months and she said that she didn't know that I had my ears pierced. I told her that I forgoten to take them out and that I was just an "Old Hippy" She just laughed. Now if I forget, she doesn't say anything, she just tugs on her earlobes to bring it to my attention.
Several years ago when I started shaping my eyebrows some of the girls at work gave me a strange look or two, but no one said anything and they don't even look twice any more.

CHRISTINA_CD_TX
07-08-2006, 12:34 AM
I HAVE BREAST SURGERY SCHEDULED FOR AUG IF I CAN AFFORD IT WE WILL SEE. HAIR EARINGS ARE THE MOST CHANGE PEOPLE SEE. FOR MEN SHORT HAIR IS BACK AGAIN AND I MEAN SHORT HAIR. SO LONG HAIR STANDS OUT AND ADD 2 PIERCED EARS. EVEN DRESSING NORMAL IT SHOWS AND SOME WILL SAY THINGS OR LOOK. I FIND ITS OFTEN BETTER TO JUST GO ALL THE WAY AND GET NO LOOKS THAN DRESS IN BETWEEN AND GET LOOKS.

FOR US THAT CAN NOT WEAR STUD EAR RINGS ALL THE TIME I FOUND A PLACE IN AUS THAT SELLS BLANKS. NATURAL LOOKING STUDS HIDE THE HOLE AND KEEP IT OPEN FOR WORK.

OH FOR HIDING WHATS LEFT A PANTY GIRDLE WORKS GREAT POOL SLACKS ANYTIME.

PLASTIC EAR STUDS
brianr@swiftdsl.com.au
Master Card or Visa

http://www.piercingnet.com.au/rossan/index.html

Brian
Rossan Distributors Pty Ltd

Melinda G
07-08-2006, 11:00 AM
It's true! The brain tends to believe what the eyes see. Unless there is something clearly and obviously wrong. And women tend to notice more than men.
I go to a lot of singles dances, and there are a couple CDs, or TSs there, from time to time. It's usually the women that notice them first, because women are always scrutinizing other women. The men just accept what they see, although I sometimes spot them. Several times, women have said to me, "Did you see that crossdresser tonight". I just say, uhh no, I missed it.
A while back, there was a CD at one of the dances. Two guys asked her to dance. The first guy did it on a dare. But the second guy didn't know, until she said something, and he took off like a shot, looking all embarassed. I guess it was the voice. But she was sitting with some other people, and no one bothered her. And in most cases, even if someone does "make" you, they won't say or do anything. But stay away from redneck bars.

gennee
07-08-2006, 02:30 PM
I was out and about last evening dressed. A few folks glanced and stared at me. I just kept going about my business. Most didn't even pay attention to me. I notice some transssexuals and crossdressers but we are out there enjoying who we are.

Gennee

evol
07-08-2006, 04:54 PM
Don't get me wrong, but they are. I wasa leaving a bar and a woman had approached me about my corset, when I replied the young man she was with (he had been eyeing me up all night. maybe even tried to get close on the dance floor) asked are you a guy? then he looked so unsure of himself I felt bad for the kid. Yes I'm a guy I said, but its cool. Poor kid was probably on his way home to rub one out with me in mind, I wonder if he did anyway. Oh well, I've had no surgury, no hormones, just dressed like a street walker, with perfect make up. No they see what they want to see, all night and the guy i mentioned never noticed my adams apple! he sat on a barstool nxt to my gg g/f
and didn't even notice my voice. Nope don't think they notice at all. The ones who do, we have to wonder how, or why.

evol
07-08-2006, 04:59 PM
This is SO true! I have randomly had people (that I have known for ages) notice that my ears pierced and say, "ooh, when did you get that done?" To which I reply "Er... about 10 years ago!".
I believe its like 24 frames per second, which is why when you see a movie the second time you see so much more than you did the first time.