PDA

View Full Version : Be brave ... save money!

fionasboots
07-06-2006, 06:03 AM
I can now claim "trying on clothes in the shop" among my CDing accomplishments (do we get a badge or anything like in the Girl Guides?) although I did kind of sneak in without having to ask anyone.

This small amount of courage also save me £22 as I was going to purchase a lovely dress that was only available in size 14 ... sadly the prayers and pleading did not make this fit :(

Actually I didn't want to tell you all about any bravery, I just wanted to moan about not being able to get the dress - it looked so nice; the light pink pattern, the cut, the material everything ... I'm inconsolable :cry:

Still, got a couple of tops and a skirt ... well it would be a crime to leave them there when it's sale time at the moment :D

Emma England
07-06-2006, 06:53 AM
I can now claim "trying on clothes in the shop" among my CDing accomplishments (do we get a badge or anything like in the Girl Guides?) although I did kind of sneak in without having to ask anyone.

That is almost cheating!

Badges are only possible AFTER asking a female sales assistant whether you can try on a dress/skirt. :p

Seriously though, congratulations on an important step.

fionasboots
07-06-2006, 09:32 AM
That is almost cheating!

Badges are only possible AFTER asking a female sales assistant whether you can try on a dress/skirt. :p

Seriously though, congratulations on an important step.

Okay, I was really really tempted to ask and I even had a little speech prepared for when I came out of the changing room, I was just going to casually hand over the dress and say "sadly it doesn't fit" and walk off.

Next time I will pluck up the courage to ask to try stuff on!

Emma England
07-06-2006, 12:07 PM
Which store are you talking about?

I know Debenhams are having a summer sale on at the mo (I have their credit card, and they sent me details - upto 50% off from the 5th to the 8th).

Had a look at your yahoo profile, and you look good!!

tekla west
07-06-2006, 12:17 PM
The best thing about being out and open is to lose the fear and shame.

Shopping is the great reward for that. Way to go girl, sorry it didn't fit, I should have been there, perhaps I could have squezed into it.

connie rotten
07-06-2006, 01:02 PM

This small amount of courage also save me £22 as I was going to purchase a lovely dress that was only available in size 14 ... sadly the prayers and pleading did not make this fit :(

Actually I didn't want to tell you all about any bravery, I just wanted to moan about not being able to get the dress - it looked so nice; the light pink pattern, the cut, the material everything ... I'm inconsolable :cry:

Still, got a couple of tops and a skirt ... well it would be a crime to leave them there when it's sale time at the moment :DOH GOOD FOR YOU I HATE IT WHEN PRETTY DRESSE ARE TOO LARGE FOR ME ALSO.

fionasboots
07-06-2006, 02:36 PM
Which store are you talking about?

Actually Asda (oh the shame). I find that they can actually have some fairly nice stuff and often the sizing is just right, i.e. they maintain my delusion that I am a 14-16 and I don't have to go up a size.

Tried Tesco as well but they had no sale and their clothes seem more expensive.

I know Debenhams are having a summer sale on at the mo (I have their credit card, and they sent me details - upto 50% off from the 5th to the 8th).

Damn, I'm going to miss that :( And they do have some *really* nice stuff in Debenhams - I think it would need 50% off before I could afford it.

Had a look at your yahoo profile, and you look good!!

Wow thanks, :heehee: I'm blushing :happy:

fionasboots
07-06-2006, 02:42 PM
The best thing about being out and open is to lose the fear and shame.

Definitely :D

Shopping is the great reward for that. Way to go girl, sorry it didn't fit, I should have been there, perhaps I could have squezed into it.

And you being able to fit in the dress would make me feel better how? :Angry3:

Mumble, mumble, slim people, mumble, not fair :tongueout