PDA

View Full Version : Labels

Pat >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
07-06-2006, 12:20 PM
What is the differnce between a drag queen and a crossdresser?
What is a trans-lez?
What is a transvestite (sp)?
Are crossdressers Gay? Whats the %?
What do you call a male that dresses in women's clothes, but with out make up and a wig ect ect.....?

I am being for real with all my questions.

Thanks in advance. I am still new at this, even though I have been dressing since I was 7 and have about a $4000.00 collection.

Pat

tekla west
07-06-2006, 12:40 PM
What is the differnce between a drag queen and a crossdresser?
-- ** --Drag Queens perform, often accompanied by an entourage, a crossdresser is just someone who dresses in the clothing that tends to be associated with the opposite gender. One is for show, the other is for go. Most - but not all - DQs do not dress in everyday life, and for the most part they are also very gay.

What is a trans-lez?
-- ** -- A male TG who prefers women when dressed as a woman. Most real Lesbians thinks of trans-lez as target practice.

What is a transvestite (sp)?
-- ** -- The clinical term for a crossdresser, this term implies some sort of sexual context for the dressing.

Are crossdressers Gay? Whats the %?
-- ** -- The standard line is that 10% are gay, 20% bi, 70% straight, but I doubt those stats. Everyone lies about sex, TG persons are no different. But the overall effect is that FEW TGs are gay, most are straight or bi, and when they are bi, its often when dressed.

What do you call a male that dresses in women's clothes, but with out make up and a wig ect ect.....?
--**-- Brave. Traitor. Gender Bender, Gender Pirate, Gender Transgressor.

As for labels, I cut mine out of the clothes so they don't stick out.

Kate Simmons
07-06-2006, 06:29 PM
I'm with Tekla. I don't label myself. I'm simply Ericka. Ditto for "definitions". Ericka

SherryLynn GG
07-06-2006, 06:35 PM
No Crossdressers are not gay, at least not all of them....I can only speak for my husband, he is 100% straight....I think thats just a bad stereotype and as far as a %, who really knows since there are alot of CDers that dont even admit to being a CDer much less being gay 0.02

Kimberly
07-06-2006, 06:40 PM
The Gender Pirate strikes again!!

Yarr!!

Nice definitions though, Tekla.
Again... I use TG, TV and CD synonymously.

ava_bruna
07-06-2006, 06:50 PM
I'm with Tekla. I don't label myself. I'm simply Ericka. Ditto for "definitions". Ericka

LABEL's, Label's :( when are we going to learn, we are what we want to be and that's it. I could care less what a person is, ie, CD ,TV, GG, Fk, FK? yup, F _ _ K the label's

Pat >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
07-07-2006, 01:01 PM
Thank you ladies for all the replys. I am trying to get me g/f to understand me more, she ask the questions and I try to answer them. I sorry I did not mean to refer to us ladies as "labels". I did get my g/f the book "My Husband Betty".

I do own a few wigs, my have yet to try make up besides lipstick. I have never been out in public.

I

tekla west
07-07-2006, 01:03 PM
I like the stuff by Kate Bornstein myself, "Gender Outlaw" and her other books - she has a humor that is very nice, and often lacking in much of this work.