PDA

View Full Version : Hand Washables

connie rotten
07-06-2006, 02:00 PM
All of my unmentionables and most of my outer wear are hand wash only. I have run out of places to dry them on wash day. I use to wash what I had been wearing as soon as I took them off out os nessesety. I have such a large array of undies and such I put the wash off untill I can have a grand time playing in my underwear drawer.Now I have no space to dry them. It has come a long way from several items over the backs of chairs and the couch. Do any of you use clothes racks for drying your hand washables:battingeyelashes: ?

GG Vanya
07-06-2006, 02:50 PM
they can be dried in your dryer, if you have a "delicate" or "air only" cycle.

Toni
07-06-2006, 03:05 PM
I just peg em out on the line in the garden - cobblers to the neighbours.

Marla
07-06-2006, 03:18 PM
I used to hand wash my undies but now I just put them on delicate and they come out just fine!

Kimberly
07-06-2006, 03:54 PM
I just peg em out on the line in the garden - cobblers to the neighbours.
woo!! That's what I've done ^_^

mudanjel
07-06-2006, 04:00 PM
If you do choose to handwash your *unmentionables* (that sure get mentioned a lot in here:D ), I've seen a hanger with a ladder-type rack, so to speak, coming down from it...it holds a lot of undies and stockings and you can hang it off the shower head. Very efficient!

Daintre
07-06-2006, 05:34 PM
I use a wooden clothes horse which can be collapsed for easy storage, it gives you lots of drying space. :D

vcutenyc
07-06-2006, 05:46 PM
there is a rack for specifically drying lingerie. it looks like an upside down umbrella and hangs in your shower. i've seen them in Bed Bath & Beyond

tekla west
07-06-2006, 08:31 PM
I've always wondered, what is BEYOND bed and bath? But the racks rule. So do clotheslines (also called rope and string) and clothespins. But I do LOVE the "Clobbers to the neighbors" line. All of them work for me. So does the delicate cycle on my W/D.