PDA

View Full Version : Started Over

Dee 1062
07-06-2006, 10:01 PM
I just wonder how many of you sisters..have said I am done with this, throw out the cloths, wigs, makeup...and then a lttle time pass and you start all over, I have done this several times and yes here I am....And yes G.G. Cd you can get in on this one, Please, or was it just me feeling guilty or stupit???????????????????????????????????????????: rolleyes:

Karren H
07-06-2006, 10:07 PM
Yep, many times over the last 46 years...... But since my hobby came back 3 years ago, with a vengence, haven't even thought about purgeing. And never plan to ever again.

Love Karren

PennyH
07-06-2006, 10:08 PM
I imagine it happens to all of us at some stage, especially if we get caught by a family member. I know i felt shamed and angry with myself for getting discovered, but the desire to do it took hold again. I guess im a really lucky girl, in that i live with my mum, a single parent, and my only sibling, my sister has lived abroad for the last 2 years.

Carroll
07-06-2006, 10:09 PM
I take dibbs on wigs and breast forms!!!!:D
I have never really done that, it was done for me in the past by an ex...or two!

Carroll

KateW
07-06-2006, 10:16 PM
Oh yes, many times! Especially during my teenage years, I would acquire an item or few, and then either panic and throw it out for no reason, or give up dressing for good (ahem). More recently, I had to discard some clothing and shoes when it wasn't possible to take them with me. I'm pleased to say that my collection is currently the biggest it has ever been!

Denise01
07-06-2006, 10:21 PM
I have only purged once, and even then it was not a complete purge.

A couple of times I thought that is could quit dressing, but rather than be silly, i packed everything up and put it away in the attic.

It was not long till the desire came stronger and I dug everything out agoin.

I now have not bought any guy clothes for at least 3 years, other than a couple of pair of shoes, even thought Ladies shoes fit me much better than mens do.

My wardrobe is growing now, almost too fast, have more skirts and tops, than I do guy slacks and tops.

Guess Denise is here to stay now, and i can't wait to finish work in the day so i can get changed, and when i go on vacation, i am totally femme

Denise

Vannacd
07-06-2006, 10:29 PM
My friend Danielle just purged AGAIN for the nth time. Geesh.

I used to purge every few years and finally realized two things: I was throwing away (or giving to charity) some pretty beautiful and sexy things. Later I found myself regretting throwing away that beautiful lace corselette or the 50's rhumba skirt. Things I'll never get my hands on again. And shoes. Goodness, with a size twelve foot it's not easy for me to find shoes I adore. Half a dozen or more great pairs, right in the trash. But that was years ago and I've stopped purging.

The second reason is what made me stop. When I threw out my things, I felt a little devastated emotionally, as if I was also discarding a part of myself. I've since learned not to discard but to embrace the part of me that is Vanna. And as most of us have found, the urge returns. (Thank goodness! Who would want to spend their whole life in drab?!)

Just fold up your things nicely and put them into storage. A big plastic lawn bag works fine for me. And three weeks after I've put it away, I'm back at it, rifling through it for my favorite things.

Vanna

Jennaie
07-06-2006, 11:49 PM
I have done this too many times. I can't afford to do it again. Even when the guilt sets in I stop and tell myself, "you know that this is going to come back", and you will just go out and spend another few thousand to get it even better.

I wanted to stop a few months ago and I locked all my stuff up but did not purge. I just can't purge again, it's such a waste of money. In the past 30 years I will bet you that I have thrown away over 10.000 dollars worh of womens clothing, forms, makup, etc.

If I purge again, I will hate myself for doing it.

GINA-CD
07-07-2006, 12:00 AM
My things were stolen once... I had lots of clothes, couple of wigs and looooovely high heels... it was painful, but I started again.... it's growing and don't plan to purge... at least not in my mind

Melinda G
07-07-2006, 01:18 AM
Don't ever throw your stuff away. Although the urge may come and go, this is a lifelong thing. It always comes back. Don't try to figure it out. Just accept it, and enjoy it.

Sarah Rabbit
07-07-2006, 01:57 AM
Hey girls, As I have stated before, when the need to purge arises....Don't throw them away. Send all your clothes to Aunty Sarah, and when you want them back, I will send them to you...Really... I will...I Promise :D

Sarah R. :bunny:

loki_uk
07-07-2006, 02:42 AM
I've never thrown out clothes, but then until recently I always 'borrowed' my wives so I've kind of cheated.

What does worry me though is that when you go into purge mode and try and surpress your feelings they longer you do the worse it comes back in the end

renee k
07-07-2006, 06:04 AM
I agree with Melinda, on this one. I've purged at least six times since the seventies. You'll never stop dressing. It's to much money to throw away.
Just accept who you are and move on.

Huggs, Renee

Sonia_cd
07-07-2006, 06:10 AM
It physically pains me to think of the number of times I have purged and the absolutely sutnning pieces of clothing that I have discarded. I think back now and dream of the fun I'd be having if only I could have those clothes again, not to mention the lingerie. For certain, that wardrobe would be larger then my male wardrobe and definitely more enticing! Just touching those clothes before heading of to work is a thirll, but sadly the process of collection must begin again!

Love,
Sonia

bgirl
07-07-2006, 07:04 AM
I only purged a few times. I hope I'm over all that now. My wife nows and I don't have to hide from her. I don't have to hide from myself any more as well.

rachel_in_mi
07-07-2006, 07:17 AM
:cry: OMG I am going through this right now. I purged about a year ago and have been rebuilding for the last few months. The cost alone is setting me back a bit. This is probably the worst purge yet as I had quite a nice collection. As it was mentioned earlier, yes the feelings come back with avengence...problem is I am online quite a bit and always end up shopping :jumping: The good news is that I have learned quite a bit and now I KNOW how to build a wardrobe and in what order....I also know where to shop and where NOT to shop. Also this site is wonderful and helps a ton.

hugs

rachel

cute_cd_paige
07-07-2006, 08:26 AM
Ive purged twice in my life and each time i was telling myself im never doing it again and as u can see form my pic on the side it really helped diddnt it lol<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Mistybtm
07-07-2006, 08:39 AM
I have thought about it many times but never have done so.
I have tried to stop wearing the clothes but i always find my self dressing even more so.
I do not fight it any more and just go with it.
Mistybtm :happy:

brendasmith
07-07-2006, 08:59 AM
Got rid of everything many times. Since I went so far as to develop breasts, I haven't. Kind of hard to purge them in a weak moment.

janine
07-07-2006, 09:14 AM
I agree i have stopped a few times in my many years of cross dressing
mainly when i have been caught . However the urge to cross dress in
womens cloths gets stronger the older you get and you find yourself
building up your wardrobe again . becoming more adventurous from panties
to outer cloths .There is no cure you have to control these feeling within
your seemlingly hetro role.

terrilynn
07-07-2006, 10:55 AM
I have purged many times over the years, and yes it does come back, usually even stronger than before. I'd find myself trying to be 'normal' again, doing some housework like cleaning behind the dryer, and find a pair of panties i had thought I'd lost, or a lose garter strap in a drawer, and it would hit hard. I'd think, i can just wear these panties today and put it all away for good, but I just would begin all over again. I have vowed that I will never purge again, ever.

Terrilynn

MsJanessa
07-07-2006, 11:14 AM
I just wonder how many of you sisters..have said I am done with this, throw out the cloths, wigs, makeup...and then a lttle time pass and you start all over, I have done this several times and yes here I am....And yes G.G. Cd you can get in on this one, Please, or was it just me feeling guilty or stupit???????????????????????????????????????????: rolleyes:
I've done it once then over the last 7 years have re accumulated my wardrobe----most of us have gone through periods where we stop x-ding for one reason or another----My advice is rather than throw everything away, put it in long term storage----cheaper that way---if, after 5 years, you are no longer interested in dressing, then you can throw it out.

Priscilla Ann
07-07-2006, 11:56 AM
I, myself, believe purging is a good thing. It makes room in the closet for new stuff and you get to go shopping. I feel guilty about buying new stuff if I have closets full of old stuff.....:D

ErikaLeigh
07-07-2006, 12:02 PM
I have purged 4 or 5 tomes over the years, The first few times were because of being young and still living with parents and having to move with nowhere to keep the stuff. I have also purged with the idea " I am never doing this again" but it always returns. I am happy to say that I wont purge again unless I have no choice. I have way too many shoes (ahhhhh shoes :happy: about 20 pairs or so) and too much money invested to do it again. I never regret going back to dressing, but I have regrets to the clothes I have purged.

LaceyDee
07-07-2006, 01:01 PM
I really think it goes with the territory. If you read any psychological articals on crossdressing, most all binge and purge throughout their lives. I think there are some good alternative suggestions here to save us all some money!!

unclejoann
07-07-2006, 05:18 PM
I have purged several times, but doubt I would do it again. But I have purged other things out of my life also -- discarding a manuscript that I figured no one would ever want to see (and a year later being asked by a publisher to see it), purging my library of books I wouldn't read again (but later wishing I had kept a few). I purged myself of a couple of wives along the way too (but never wanted those back, so that was a purge worth doing).

Michele
07-07-2006, 05:25 PM
I too have purged... Once around the age of 13 or 14... Once again around the age of 18... and again about 15 or 16 years ago... and ever since, when the urge came up, I carefully packed away everything.. My losses were minimal back then.. No wigs, breast forms etc.. but I did lose a few nice articles of clothing.... It would be expensive to purge these days......

rebeccacd17
07-07-2006, 05:44 PM
I've purged three times, too. All I lost was clothing, but it was expensive enough and I've returned every time. I've vowed never to do it again and so far have stuck to that promise, but only time will tell. I know that if I do it again, I will regret it down the road.

Gretchen
07-07-2006, 08:34 PM
I have only purged once, which happened about three months after I resumed my crossdressing, 18 months ago. Thank goodness, I didn't own anything other than about eight pairs of nylons and pantyhose. At that time, I wore them with shorts and men's sandals on a mostly partial CD basis.
Since that time, my wardrobe has grown along with my self-acceptance level. I still dispose of various clothing items that I don't wear much on a regular basis.
The storage space/concealment question makes it necessary to keep my femme wardrobe at a manageable level that can be hidden effectively and still accessible when I can dress.
Love,
Gretchen