PDA

View Full Version : My wife's diet is working

JoAnnDallas
07-07-2006, 01:26 PM
This morning, I happen to notice that my neighbor had thrown out a couple of dresses into their dumpster. I could not help myself, I had to see if they were wearable and what size they were. They were wearable, but were a size 12. I normally wear a size 14/16. Since my wife is on weight watchers, by default I am also, since she does a lot of the cooking and thus I have to eat what she cooks. LOL Well she had already taken off to her aquatic arobics class, so I took the two dresses inside and decided to see if I could get into them. They both have zippers up the back, so that would be the test. I quickly undressed, put my bra with pads on, as this would also be a test. Picked up the first dress, unzipped, stepped into it, and proceeded to start zipping it up. OMG :eek: , it zips up and it is NOT tight at all. OK, we all know that dress sizes vary all over the place, so I unzip the dress, take it off, and proceed to put on the other size 12 dress. OMG :eek: , it too zips up and it is NOT tight. Could it be that being on my wifes diet plan, I too have loss enough weight to have gone down a dress size or two?? So I take off the dress, bra, and panty. Starked naked I get the scales out and get onto it. I look down and OMG :eek: , I have lost weight....No wonder my drab slacks are loose.... All of a sudden I start to shake with excitement. I have lost almost 20 pounds and now can get into a size 12 dress. I feel so good, I started dancing around, until I happen to look at the clock and OMG :eek: , I'm going to be late getting to work. As I get dressed into my drab clothing, hide away the two size 12 dresses, I start giggling and I bet the other drivers sure were wondering why I had a SE grin :D on my face. All the way to work, all I could think of was "I'm a size 12, I'm a size 12" :D .

SherryLynn GG
07-07-2006, 01:46 PM
Thats great! Isnt it funny that youre losing without even really trying :) Im doing Weight Watchers too, hubby hasnt lost any cause he eats the same things I do just more of it LOL But he also hasnt gained so thats good....Weight watchers works though, so who knows you might be a size 10 before ya know it :)

sara_also
07-07-2006, 01:55 PM
Keep up the good diet, and enjoy.
Sara

PennyH
07-07-2006, 01:59 PM
What is it with girls and diets? Why are we never happy with our appearance? I guess it must be hormonal lol

JoAnnDallas
07-07-2006, 02:01 PM
I have not been a size 10 since the 1970's LOL. It just feels so great knowing I can now wear a size 12 again. This puts me firmly into the "Misses" sizes. Oh to be a size 10 again. It is so much easier to find clothing in sizes 10/12 than in 14/16. Talk about incentives, being able to wear a size 12 dress and not have it tight, is incentive enough to keep the weight off. I had started to notice that my drab clothing was a little loose and I was on the last hole of my belt. I even noticed that some of the bulge in my front was gone too.

As for food, my wife would make our meal and only ate what was on the plate. She has been wanting me to loose some weight and I can not wait to get home tonight and show her the scale reading. I hope it will help her, knowing that the diet plan does work at least for me. LOL.

Wendy me
07-07-2006, 02:13 PM
hey skinny way to go and think of the shopping yet to come....

Sage GG
07-07-2006, 08:49 PM
A change in size means you need to go shopping for another LBD

Have fun!:D

GINA-CD
07-07-2006, 09:18 PM
It's great WW is working for you. Me, personally can't stop eating what I like, so I rather exercise.... started jogging 1.5 miles a day 6 weeks ago.... today I run 4 miles a day.... results: I've reduced 2 sizes (now I can get into my wife's jeans!!!) and I get to eat what I want. I find this is better than diets.

Jenn2716
07-07-2006, 09:23 PM
:clap: Excellent news, and two dresses too. What a great way to start off your weekend.

SherryLynn GG
07-07-2006, 09:25 PM
Weight Watchers isnt really a diet either, I still eat what I want, just not as much of it.....not to mention im losing weight and not running 4 miles LOL and I still eat what I want, so I think my way is much better :) For me anyway:tongueout

Stephenie S
07-07-2006, 10:12 PM
Congats dear,

Size 12 is a wonderful achievment.

I have been loosing weight with the simple expedient of eating less. This is my diet plan. I just make sure that I leave some of everything on my plate, on my plate when I am done. It works wonders. I can, as others have said, eat what I want. I just don't eat as much. I recomend this to those who don't want to diet, or who are having trouble sticking to a diet.

So to all, keep up the good work, and whatever works, keep doing it. Let's not forget though, that it's not a crime to be big and beautiful. Some people are just as happy being well padded.

Lovies,
Stephenie

Billijo49504
07-07-2006, 11:14 PM
Cool!! Keep it up and you will be a size 10.:heehee: If you can leave the junk food alone, between meals, my downfall....BJ

Talon DeRojo
07-08-2006, 05:45 AM
JoAnn - Congratulations!:thumbsup: I'm happy that you've been able to lose weight and can now fit into a size 12. Has your wife been losing weight, too? Just remember that, if you continue to lose weight, you'll have to buy a whole wardobe in a smaller size.:D
Talon:happy:

Colleen
07-08-2006, 07:26 AM
I'm slowly shrinking too from a 22 to a 16-18 my goal is a 14 by thanksgiving.I will have to behave during the holiday season.Mine was by default too,only it was unexpectied foundation work on the house.I got them ugly man hands again.

JoAnnDallas
07-10-2006, 09:05 AM
Well one of the two dresses had a large tear in the skirt, so it went back to the dumpster. As for my wife, she has lost weight too. It's harder for her, since she has MS and some of the drugs she takes, makes her dieting tough going. She and I have lost weight over the last three months that she has been on her diet. I decided to only eat what she made, in the same amount, and try not to snack inbetween meals, as a support to her. I figured that if I maintained the diet, that it would help her to maintain it too. 18 pounds in three months is not to bad.

Not only do my current fem clothes fit better, even my size 14 dresses, but since I noticed that my drab clothing is loose, it is time to go SHOPPING. Hopefully by the time the Holiday season gets here, I will have kept it off and I will be a good girl for Santa and not over do it. LOL

Jennaie
07-10-2006, 09:30 AM
Oh you bitch, I'm so jealous. There is no way I could ever wear a size 12 dress. I can wear a misses size 8 in a pair of jeans with my veronica on but my chest is way to big around to get into a size 12 top. There is very little fat on me. I guess I'm just large around the chest.

Anyway, congrats on your new dress size, :happy:

JoAnnDallas
07-10-2006, 10:52 AM
Jennaie...... I love you too sis.....LOL..... you made my day. Today is one of those days where I crave for a snack, but trying to be a good girl, now that I am back into a size 12. It was a shock when the zipper went all the way up and I noticed that it was not tight in the waist. I though being a size 12 was a thing in the past. LOL