PDA

View Full Version : Things we wish we wouldda done

MarinaTwelve200
07-08-2006, 09:43 AM
I am sure there were all kinds of "safe" CD oppertunities, in our younger days that we regret not taking. They could have made for some fun memories.

In my case, in the early 60's (age 14) my two best friends dressed as girls for our Halloween trick or treat treck across town. It was quite a popular costume with boys our age group then. "Paul" looked quite good in his knit sleeveless blouse and white capri pants. His big sister did a great job on his makeup. "Chuck" on the other hand looked good enough, with his dress, and mother's makeup, but the scarf tied under his chin and his boy's shoes, made him look like "A hungarian refugee" --as I joked to him.

Myself, I was dressed in a robe made from a sheet and a Skull mask (Death)-

-I KNEW I could have been a girl too--and im sure my mother would have joyfully co-operated, but being a new CD (Private), and still nervous about it, the costumes seemed to "hit too close to home" so to speak. At that time, although I sorely WANTED to dress up as a girl for Halloween then, I "dare not do it" for some reason in my mind.

Looking back--it would have been EAZY. My friends were dressing up, and about half the other guys I knew. It would have been a simple thing to do to ask my mother to help me do it too----but worried (needlessly) that she might suspect(as a CD) I have been wearing her clothes, I shied away from it.

DAMN, I could have been dressed like a girl by an expert (Mom) and nothing negative thought of it--after all, it was Halloween. It was a "NORMAL" and popular "Costume". And as a 14 year old , I would have looked "real". I had a free ticket and blew it. ---Oh well, perhaps in another life.

Calliope
07-08-2006, 09:54 AM
Blueberry Hill, noted retro-cool St. Louis tavern, used to throw elaborate 4th of July parties for its employees - the gimmick was everyone got to lip-sync their fave tune on stage, all dressed up in front of all the other employees plus a video camera. The year was '81 - I did Johnny Rotten but how I wanted to be Blondie.

Can I go back and get it right?

Billie1
07-08-2006, 10:00 AM
Chalk up another one for "Too wise, too late", but, then again, Halloween is only three months away. Another chance, maybe? Hmmm ...

Kate Simmons
07-08-2006, 10:17 AM
Chalk up another one for "Too wise, too late", but, then again, Halloween is only three months away. Another chance, maybe? Hmmm ...
This is what I said a few weeks ago. Never too soon to plan your outfit. It is basically the CDer's "national holiday" anyway. For myself, got it figured out. This year Ericka is definately going to be dressed as some kind of guy character (guy over girl over guy). A bit challenging perhaps but fun to say the least. Keeps everyone "guessing" anyway. Ericka

Billijo49504
07-08-2006, 11:00 AM
Back in January, I put in for a vacation day for October 31st. The same as last year. A couple years ago, I had to lie to the boss. I told him that the grand kids were coming to town for trick or treat. And after New Years I'll be retired, so I can dress anytime...BJ

Angie G
07-08-2006, 02:46 PM
BJ I'm looking forword to being retired my be in 4 or 5 years but can't see dressing much more then then now.:hugs:
Angie G.

Michelle Ellis
07-08-2006, 03:21 PM
Wow, Marina, I had a very similar experience. One halloween, I think I was either 12 or 13, my older sister wanted to put together a costume for me, the first choice was to go as a girl. Inside I was thrilled, but couldn't let it out, I just got down on here for even suggesting it and I went as Batman, OMG what a dork huh? :p

I'll never forgive myself.

I had another major "wish I would have done it" event several years later, but it was a bit too risqu'e to be posting on this board.

M

tekla west
07-08-2006, 03:35 PM
I wish I would have bought Intel and Microsoft back in the day, I'd be rich enough now not to care about what others thought.

I wish I could have found others like me sooner.

I wish I had the choices when I was in my early 20s, that people have today. I don't know if I would have transistioned or not, but I would have liked to have more of an option.

I wish my feet were a size 9 and not an 11 too, but that is neither here nor there.

I wish I would have gone straight into and stayed with the theatre and not tried so hard to have those "good Jobs" the straight ones that come with so much hassle. ie, I wish I would have done what was right for me, and not what everyone else thought I should be doing.

I wish that on Halloween (we always have a show) that at the end of the night - after the public has left - when we sort of do a faux-karokie / lip synch spoof that I had done Total Eclipse of the Heart last year when I was dressed in my black goth outfit for the band (which was Bauhaus) instead of Aquarius/Let the Sun Shine In. Though doing hippie stuff dressed in goth was pretty funny. This year perhaps.

Stacie Stockman
07-08-2006, 03:57 PM
The thing that I have regrets about is not being able to dress for prom!