PDA

View Full Version : Boys will be girls CH4 Television UK

Carla68
07-09-2006, 03:55 PM
Did anyone else see the channel 4 (UK) series Boys will be girls.This is where they took some boy band hasbeens and transformed them into an all girl band.The result was excellent including dress,voice,acting and walking like real sexy women.They had to make a pop video and perform live in front of an audience.They passed the test and most people who were asked thought the boys were real girls.Well done Channel 4. I saw this first on E4 digital and the series may still be showing again on CH4 (July '06). Check E4 or CH4 website for details.Hope I have not spoilt your viewing pleasure if you have not seen it.

Regards

Carla68

anne71
07-09-2006, 04:00 PM
It hasn't finished yet, although it has been shown in full on E4. To date they look like men in drag and at their practice gig they did not seem to fool many of the audience. Perhaps they get better, hopefully!

Tracy_Victoria
07-09-2006, 06:03 PM
Yep, Raksha and I are watching it, we must be watching it on C4 as well, as this week was the pub episode, and nobody thought they were girls, infact "Gezabirds" summed it all up for one bloke that watched the performance.

At the end of this episode we did see some highlight of next weeks show, I have to admit, one did look good, one look okay, but I really will need to watch the next one, as the keyboard player just didn't look like he was going to pull it off at all.

It good to see Crossdressing portrayed in a positive light like this sort of light, but there not crossdressers!, The show, would have been much more acceptable to me if all the band members had been struggling musically talented Cd's/TV's with no musical background, over musicians With some history behind them who really at best where chucked in this as a Dare!

Emeralddragon
07-09-2006, 06:07 PM
I havent seen much of it but i have seen some of the poorer bits and yes early on they do seem like some bad drag queens.

loki_uk
07-09-2006, 06:18 PM
I havent seen much of it but i have seen some of the poorer bits and yes early on they do seem like some bad drag queens.

And what is wrong with being a bad drag queen, not all of us can convincingly look like a woman, I certainly can't but it shouldn't stop you wearing what you feel comfortable in

KateW
07-09-2006, 07:09 PM
The series has already been televised in full on E4. To see them fully dressed, and to get their song (which is available to download), visit: http://www.7digital.com/stores/default.aspx?shop=318

Kate Simmons
07-10-2006, 06:16 AM
Hey, boys are always girls. At least THESE boys! LOL Ericka

Tracy_Victoria
07-10-2006, 08:41 AM
And what is wrong with being a bad drag queen, not all of us can convincingly look like a woman, I certainly can't but it shouldn't stop you wearing what you feel comfortable in

I think what Anne71 was trying to say is not the fact that thay looked like men in drag, but the whole point of the program was not to do that. ie the remit was to look, act and sing as if totally female, fooling a crowd in to thinking they were a girl band. (sorry so far it has not worked, and from the link it still doesn't!)

looking like a guy in drag is fine, and I agree with you that not every one can be convincing (nor do some want to be) but the point of this exercise was to totally fool a crowd in to believing they were watching a new all girl rock band, from what I have seen so far, and certainly from the promotion picture on the site, they failed! (because the keyboard play just does not look the part, and of the other two, one is very good, the other in between the two!

As I said, had they of used confident, and musical crossdressers, I think the success might have been more!

Just my view!

KateW
07-10-2006, 09:28 AM
I think for the most part the series failed in it's intentions. When they were auditioning, they were looking for the best voices, and not particularly the guys who would also make the most convincing girls. So much so that the pianist only appeared in the music video for 1 shot, and her face was covered! Their clothes were also very unflattering for the most part. At least the song did sound pretty convincing though...

http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/4803/boyswillbegirls4zb.jpg

Tracy_Victoria
07-10-2006, 01:58 PM
Their clothes were also very unflattering for the most part. At least the song did sound pretty convincing though...

http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/4803/boyswillbegirls4zb.jpg

But how much of the sound was down to good mixing, there live performance in the pub was not on the money, and i presume the same will happen for the live performance to be shown on C4 soon!

I agree the selection, selected the wrong people for the task in hand!

anne71
07-15-2006, 02:05 PM
Well, they seem to have got by for the video, but it is all rather dark! The only one who looks like a girl is the tall blonde one with the ponytail. He does seem to be entering into the spirit of the thing to the extent of demanding a different dress. Just like a girl! They should have been made to dress more, or all, of the time. How can they turn up for a gig as guys and transform into girls in the dressing room? We shall see what happens next week.

nishababe
07-15-2006, 02:36 PM
Yes I have been watching as well and raised the subject of this programme a few weeks ago in thread called ''boys will be girls '' I must agree that at least 2 of the guys did not seem to want to enter into the theme at all at the start ,but they all look a lot better now and the tall boy clearly loves playing at being a girl now and looks good as well . He said that he is used to wearing the clothes now ''Worrying so '' he said .It would seem that he is enjoying all the makeup and attention and by the way he does a wiggly walk with stockings on, he is clearly enjoying wearing all the girly gear now !!

Love Nishababe :heehee:

Tina Dixon
07-15-2006, 03:27 PM
Well i'm sure they had fun, but i'm sorry I don't think they pass.

anne71
07-20-2006, 07:24 AM
Don't forget the last part tonight, or rather early tomorrow morning! Let's hope they do ok!

Jackie-Ann
07-20-2006, 08:27 AM

Hi, loki_uk, You're right, most of us we cannot pass as women.I know my looks and I will only go out where other CD's or TG people would be present. Has to be private, either a home or club, where we're all conscience of whom we are. That's me, I just don't like to feel uncomfortable. I believe that the world is not ready for us, yet. They love to kill each other but feminine men are not what they want to see. I don't plan to be their "entertainment" or like some other men looks at us as sissies, homos and freaks. Strength doesn't come only by manhood, that's a fallacy.If any man has to go thru what a woman goes thru in life, we wouldn't make it. I've lived around women all my life and being married helps. My wife is going thru menopause. Just think how tough being a real woman is, I'm just quoting a few womenhood "duties" imposed by nature. They start with menstruation early in life, every month. Most women suffer from cramps, some with very intense bleeding and this is for the larger part of their life. Childbearing, a very demanding and painful process, while we just do the impregnating. Finishing their life cycle with menopause.In a large majority of women takes away their sexual desire, dryness, hotflashes,etc. All of these just mentioned are normal physical functions, not counting emotional ones and the discrimination and much worse that they suffered at men's hands in the past and present.