PDA

View Full Version : Significant others

James/Jennie
07-09-2006, 08:11 PM
Hi, new here.

I'm assuming some of the people on these boards are involved in a relationship of some type, and I was wondering what your significant other thought of the dressing?

My girlfriend(9 months) has a strange attitude. She doesn't want me to change, but she doesn't like the dressing. She'll let me dress in front of her (she says my butt looks great in short skirts) but in the back of her head, she wonders why her boyfriend is wearing a mini-skirt. So sometimes it becomes a problem.

KatieZ
07-09-2006, 08:38 PM
It sounds like she is intrigued by it but doesn't understand it all.
Maybe she would be more at ease if she learned more about it.
Why not invite her here and let her get a better understanding of what we are all about.

Hugs

Kimberley
07-09-2006, 08:50 PM
Hi J and welcome.

I agree with Katie 100%. Even if she was completely understanding she will still need support and for that there is no one more qualified than the GG's here. There are times she is just going to need to have to have a primal scream and these ladies know what it is all about. Get her involved.

She cant talk to you about EVERYTHING she is thinking any more than you can do the same. That is a major reason these forums exist. There are some very together people here so I urge both her and you to seek them out. Both of you have everything to gain in understanding of yourselves, each other and as a couple.

Kimberley.

Calliope
07-09-2006, 09:35 PM
My girlfriend(9 months) has a strange attitude.

It makes sense that dressing would invoke many complicated, often contradictory, responses in a GG SO.

Because I have been married for 8 years (with two small children), it becomes quite difficult to single out the dressing from a million other aspects of our relationship. My dressing is just one thread in a very deeply woven fabric.

I do believe a SO's response to dressing presents a polarized image of how the relationship is doing - underneath the clothes.

rosiegurl
07-09-2006, 10:59 PM
bring her here and set her free to ask whatever questions she likes *chuckles*

Sandra
07-10-2006, 05:01 AM
From what you have written I don't think she has a strange attitude, sounds to me that she is a normal GG trying to understand her boyfriends CDing. Have you sat down with her and explained how you feel? Have you listened to her about how she really feels? if not then I suggest you do and perhaps she might understand the CDing better, but it isn't going to happen over night so take it slow and don't try to rush her and as already said get her to join here, she will get a lot of help and advice from GGs who have been in the same situation.

James/Jennie
07-10-2006, 09:03 AM
Thanks for the advice. She would be too shy to come here and ask advice though, I think...

Tiffy
07-10-2006, 09:25 AM
Thanks for the advice. She would be too shy to come here and ask advice though, I think...

Do not think or assume honey, just ask her. You might be surprised and maybe not. But, you will never know if you do not ask.

April Marie

SherryLynn GG
07-10-2006, 11:18 AM

Like someone else said, ask her...you dont know until you ask.

Not to mention she will make a screen name, she doesnt have to use her real name, heck she wouldnt even have to mention that you are her boyfriend, she could just join and ask questions.

Trust me, asking questions helps whether she asks you or other people on a message board.

Even if she says she doesnt have questions im sure she does, When I first found out I always said I didnt have questions but then id get on a yahoo group and ask away to other GG's to find out if I was the only one feeling the way I did.

Tell her not to be shy, its the internet, nobody will know who she is or even care who she is. Its not like we all arent here for the same things. And im sure we've all had the same questions she's got right now

Billijo49504
07-10-2006, 12:01 PM
Just for grins, get matching outfits..:hugs: ..BJ

NewbieCD
07-10-2006, 01:39 PM
My SO is accepting of me CDing but she still does not want me to change that much and when you start being honest to your SO and let your feelings show part of you does change the fact that she can even see you dress is a big deal and there are issues but the best thing you can do is to listen be there for and be as sensitive to her needs as possible. Give it time, all things come with time and everyday let know how beautiful she is to you.

Han
07-10-2006, 01:57 PM
My SO is very supportive. She is generally open minded anyway, and dosn't see it as a big issue. She wants to see my happy and not bottle up my desires for them to explode in unproductive ways. She dosn't get turned on by me wearing, but very comftable me wearing with her and when we sleep together.

I think it is largely down to how much she cares for me. But, society has its way of confusing people to what is right and wrong.

Bring her on board and she will soon see we are just another bunch of weirdo's. :heehee: Only joking of course.

I am trying to get my SO on here, although she doesn't need any help or support :love: