PDA

View Full Version : Getting pulled over by the Police

Kathrynn
07-09-2006, 10:01 PM
Hi girls!!!!
Well it had to happen to one of us, sooner or later. I was coming back to Oklahoma from my Fathers 81st B-day in Kansas. Well let me take a minute for some background. My SO has left the state and i am free so to speak. We separated in April, and had a rough Jan,Feb and March.Well apparently my license plates were due in Jan. and i have been driving illegal until today.Yes it happened i was in full fem mode, 3in wedgies, denim skirt and a little blue cotton top and thi-high stockings. and my big red/auburn colored wig. I had stopped to get fuel and noticed the officer but didn't think anything about it. As i was fueling, he left and parked across the street. I finished and got into my car and pulled out. I noticed that he pulled out at the same time. About a mile down the hi-way.... yes he pulled me over... he came to the window and told me the reason he had pulled me over. MY PLATES HAD EXPIRED. He asked for the proper papers lic. ins. and reg. and there it was EXP. DATE JAN. 2006. He then asked me to get out of my vehicle and showed me my tag which said the same thing. So there i was outside my car totally dressed
en-fem. And you know, i have been dressing this way for so long it kinda felt normal.
Well that was my day... Oh yes the B-day party was a good time.
Kathrynn

Cherry Lynn
07-09-2006, 10:09 PM
Sounds like a fun day. Did he give you a ticket?

Kathrynn
07-09-2006, 10:17 PM
Oh yes!!!!!! he did. It is one of those must appear kind. And Agusta Kan. is about 2 hours away and with the price of fuel it may be an expensive trip. He did mention to,call the number given and with the nature of the distance maybe they will allow some kind of leniancy.
Kathrynn

dani_grl03
07-09-2006, 10:19 PM
OMG how scary. I think I would have fainted! I hope he treated you with the proper respect a lady deserves.

Calliope
07-09-2006, 10:31 PM
Might as well go to court dressed.

Caitlintgsd
07-09-2006, 10:50 PM
I don't know if I'd go that far. When I was pulled over for excessive speed a few years ago I was dressed but nothing of it ever came up in court. What does being dressed have to do with expired plates? Probably won't end up in the report.

Kristen Kelly
07-09-2006, 10:54 PM
I know how you feel I didn't get pulled over but my car died 1 mile from my house, while dressed enfem, officer never asked for my license but ran my plates. He called 3 other officers and a tow truck and they must have all had a good laugh. I rode home in the tow truck.

Danielle2
07-09-2006, 11:08 PM
Just a few words of advice, when you are pulled over and you will be at some point, be totally honest with the officer. Tell him or her upfront you are transgendered. Then watch the reactions. Either it will not bother them, they will be interested, or they will be so nervous you won't even get a ticket. Above all do not drink and drive, no breaks for this one and it would be embarrasing to spent the night in jail, en femme.

Courtesy, cooperation, and honesty are of the utmost importance. Most officers will treat you as well as you will let them. If you are extremely nervous, explain this is because you are dressed. I am not aware of any state where it is illegal to wear feminine clothes. If there is such a law, would someone please let us know so we can avoid that state.

Melinda G
07-09-2006, 11:37 PM
I've been stopped a couple times. No problem, no tickets.
Once I was out of my van walking in the woods, dressed, but no makeup or wig. Wasn't expecting anyone to be coming down a little two track. Anyhow, along comes a car full of seniors, slowly driving through the woods. I ran to my van, and jumped in, and left the area. They must have called the cops. Not long after, I'm driving down the road, and a cop comes up behind me and stops me. I was polite, but scared. He was very professional. He said, "we had a report of a man wearing a dress like you have on, acting suspiciously".
I just calmly said, "yes, it probably would look suspicious to some people". He checked out my license, and just said, "well, you can go". By then, I was out of the mood. I pulled back into the woods, and got dressed in my guy clothes, and left the area.
I often think we are too hard on ourselves. Most people, might think it's a little wierd, but not really care one way or another. It may be embarrassing, but it's not an arrestable offense.

Joanie B
07-09-2006, 11:55 PM
Oh yes!!!!!! he did. It is one of those must appear kind. And Agusta Kan. is about 2 hours away and with the price of fuel it may be an expensive trip. He did mention to,call the number given and with the nature of the distance maybe they will allow some kind of leniancy.
Kathrynn

Hi,
Sometimes for minor offenses they will let you plead guilty and pay the fine without appearing in court, assuming you obviously renew the license plates first. YOu may want to speak to a lawyer.

As to the dressing, I have been pulled over a few times while en femme, but always sober. The officers have always been respectful, and I only got a warning ticket.

Hugs,
Joanie B.

Robertacd
07-10-2006, 12:03 AM
Above all do not drink and drive, no breaks for this one and it would be embarrasing to spent the night in jail, en femme.

Courtesy, cooperation, and honesty are of the utmost importance. Most officers will treat you as well as you will let them. If you are extremely nervous, explain this is because you are dressed. I am not aware of any state where it is illegal to wear feminine clothes. If there is such a law, would someone please let us know so we can avoid that state.

This is the best advice I have ever heard.

I know we all like to thing nobody has ever seen a guy in a dress before. But even in my small town I am pretty sure I would not be the first guy in a dress that was ever pulled over.

The one thing ouy should not do is what the poor girl in on Cops did. Which was to not pull over keep goong and going until there were several cop cars involved and worst of all the TV cammeras. THey of course pulled him out when he finally stopped cuffed him and hauled him off. All the time he was screaming "Just let me take off my makeup first" but he was still fully dressed.

christine55
07-10-2006, 12:06 AM
I would just call them, after renewing my plates, and ask them if you can just send in the fine. I certainly would not see a lawyer. That would probably cost five times the ticket. I can't imagine them making you appear for an expired plates.
Hugs, Christine

HaleyPink2000
07-10-2006, 12:27 AM
Remember the tape will be on file for 3 years.0.02

Michelle Ellis
07-10-2006, 12:55 AM
The one thing ouy should not do is what the poor girl in on Cops did. Which was to not pull over keep goong and going until there were several cop cars involved and worst of all the TV cammeras. THey of course pulled him out when he finally stopped cuffed him and hauled him off. All the time he was screaming "Just let me take off my makeup first" but he was still fully dressed.

Oh my gosh... I saw that segment on cops. Normally I hate the show. I felt so bad seeing that :(

M

shericd7
07-10-2006, 02:17 AM
Yes We all fear the chance of being pulled over in fem or male mode...I was pulled over one time all dressed up for speeding and the cop (a young barney fife) was more nervious than I was when he returned with my ticket..Just a warning ticket so it may pay off being enfem...

Joy Carter
07-10-2006, 03:52 AM
This is the best advice I have ever heard.

I know we all like to thing nobody has ever seen a guy in a dress before. But even in my small town I am pretty sure I would not be the first guy in a dress that was ever pulled over.

I don't feel sorry at all for that GURL because she should have just pulled over in the first place. Officers have no idea why someone won't stop when lawfully signaled to do so. Did that person just commit a crime ? Is there a gun in the car is that person intoxicated. Public safety and officer safety is what's on the officers mind at the time when a driver makes rash and sometimes dangerous decisions not to pull over. The police will treat you with respect if you follow the law and stop but you will get treated as a felony suspect if you pull the same trick that she did.

Kate Simmons
07-10-2006, 04:45 AM
Still waiting to get stopped of one of the "Boys in Blue" as Ericka. Maybe one of these days, sigh!..............Ericka

Rexy Lee
07-10-2006, 07:25 AM
Back about 1985 or so I was all dolled up in my super sexy mode and driving over to a gurlfriends place for a little play. It was just getting dark out but stopped at a light right next to me was a police car. I tried not to look over but out of the corner of my eye I could see him looking at me. Sure enough as I got underway he followed me. After I turned down the dark country road to my friends place he turned on the red flashing light and I pulled over with my heart pounding and knees shaking!
He asked for my drivers liscense and as I handed it to him I explained that I was a crossdresser and I dress for my own enjoyment and not to decieve or break the law in any way. He just smiled and handed me back my liscense and told me I looked very sexy. I was so relieved! He then asked if I dated guys!
Well gurls the rest is history....He came over my place the following weekend and...well, you know.:Party:

terrilynn
07-10-2006, 10:04 AM
The only time I have been stopped enfemme was on one of my trips to Amarillo ( about a 70 mile drive) to go to one of the clubs there. About halfway there, a State Trooper came up behind me and hit the lights. I immediately pulled off and stopped, then it dawned on me I was dressed. I had been feeling pretty good driving enfemme and had the cd player up loud ( quite distracting) and never saw him behind me when he lit me up.
It turned out I had a tail light out and he was just pulling me over to let me know. OMG when he approached my pickup, the nerves just went into overdrive and I was actually shaking when he came up to my window. He kept it polite and professional, but did make me get out to show me the light. I had a spare in my glove box and he let me change it there, quite hard with long nails on by the way. He seemed almost uncomfortable standing there chatting with me while I fixed it, but he let me go with a verbal warning to make sure my vehicle was in working order next time I hit the road. Then to my surprise, he told me " Have a good time in Amarillo, Maam." God it was sooooo sweet of him to say that when we were finished, even though its easy to read me when dressed. So just be polite to the officers, most are just doing there jobs when they pull us over.

Terrilynn

Sophia Rearen
07-10-2006, 11:26 AM
I'm more interested in your 81 y.o. fathers b-day party. Hope you didn't surprise him!

Billijo49504
07-10-2006, 11:37 AM
Me too, did you attend the party dressed??? And what was the response from the other guests??? ....BJ

jo_ann
07-10-2006, 06:33 PM
yeah, getting a ticket in an area that's far from home really stinks, especially if it's a ho-bunk town that doesn't offer online driver safety courses or anything and you have to take a day off from work to drive down to court. it's a known fact that some cops like to give tickets to "out-of-towners" because they will pay the "do not have to show up for court" price 99% of the time, which is usually $30+ more.

Angie G
07-10-2006, 06:53 PM
:eek: Rexy you tart you.

Angie G
07-10-2006, 07:00 PM
I was going to dress one night after work but did'nt that night a cop stoped me for a burnt out light on my back plate- no ticket.:D

Tina Dixon
07-10-2006, 07:14 PM
I can see that happening real easy.