PDA

View Full Version : Shaving Help!

anna19cd
07-10-2006, 01:36 PM
What do you girls use when you shave your body hair? A razor, cream, wax or maybe something else??

Also do you use the same thing for your intimate areas?

Thanks

Anna

Tracy_Victoria
07-10-2006, 01:43 PM
Nair is good for body hair, as is Immac (uk brand names) Don't use these on the face, or it will burn and could scar you, shaving is the best way to remove facial hair still as far as I am concerned.

and why do you need to shave you privates? (but if you so desire, shave over cream hair remover, again it will burn this tender area!

lynn27
07-10-2006, 01:43 PM
Anna

been shaving with a 'triple track' razor. I'm looking to make an appointment now for a full body waxing in the next few weeks. It'll be a lot of money, but they say the hair grows back finer each time you wax.

they make a "Nair for Men" if you'd like to try that. Worked for me...0.02

Lynn

wannabie
07-10-2006, 01:49 PM
Home Waxing. Surgi-Wax is the best out there. doesn't leave razor burns or dark marks on your face or body, and new growth is thinner.

Sam-antha
07-10-2006, 02:06 PM
I have not got a thick layer/mat, therefore shaving is for me simple.
Thicker part first thinned out with one of those electric clipper things used for nose hair, in my case for high leg hari and around there, oh and my ears too.
Eleswhere, as for my face, a cream, any moisturising cream does fine,

terrilynn
07-10-2006, 02:19 PM
I've always used 2 or 3 blade razor for my facial hair and underarms, and Neet or Nair for my legs, and Nair Bikini cream for my private areas. Always test an area first before you use the creams/lotions, some areas are way too sensitive for anything but a razor.

Terrilynn

anna19cd
07-10-2006, 03:31 PM
Thanks everyone, I think I’m going to give a crème a try.

xx

Kelli Taylor
07-11-2006, 11:16 PM
I use a body scrub (exfoliating) first, then I use hair conditioner so as to soften my leg hair, beard and underarms. And then I let sit for about two to three minutes, all that after I've soaked in a hot shower for about 10 minutes. I know that might sound like a hassle but it works for me. When you finally are done with all that then use LOTION, LOTION,LOTION. Hope this works for you if you decide to try it.

cute_cd_paige
07-11-2006, 11:24 PM
i use "shick intuition " razors there the best!!!!!!!

Sally24
07-12-2006, 05:28 AM
I use a Remington eppilator (smooth and silky). You can have some ingrown hairs from this but the lack of stubble is worth it! Not as painful as waxing for me and cheaper.

rosiegurl
07-12-2006, 06:39 AM
all I can say is, be carefull with hair remover as different brands will have different results.

have used veet in the past with absoutly no problems whatsoever, so totally unsuspecting I got some nair (only one wal-mart had) and used that without even thinking about it. finished rinisng it off, look like I got real bad sunburn all over that someone has been slapping, and felt like it too *grins*

wife thought it was funny, but I didn't at the time. one odd thing, it actually OPENED my skin. would say cut, but there wasn't a cut, or a nick or anything near where the blood was showing up before I put it on.

anyway, always check new brand first before using it fully *grins*

wanders off to go slather another new brand all over my body with crossed fingers

Kimberly
07-12-2006, 07:09 AM
Shaving is working out for me now!! :D

Took long enough.... I use foam and a Venus razor. Make sure the blade is quite shard, and don't apply too much pressure. Work against the grain with quick strokes.

That's what works for me, anyway - it may not for you. It's all about finding the best way for you.

KateW
07-12-2006, 07:54 AM
I also use a (pink) venis razor, and shaving foam. I find this is the quickest way to remove body hair without pain.

Stephenie S
07-12-2006, 08:00 AM
Dear Anna,

I use a good quality disposable razor and Barbasol shave cream. Once you are shaved, subsequent shaves , providing you do it every day or so, are much easier. I shave after I shower, standing by the sink. My wife shaves in the shower but due too my bad eye sight (I can't wear my glasses in the shower) I can't do so. I find that plenty of shave cream and plenty of hot water helps. I do not shave the pubic area although I have done so in the past. I found it itched too much.
That said, the whole process is a PIA, and I am planning on investigating professional waxing as an alternative.

Hope this helps.

Lovies,
Stephenie

kay_jessica
07-12-2006, 08:07 AM
I have just tried VEET, a triffle expensive but it works well. Used about half a tube for legs, arms and torso. I did such a good job :happy: I went sun bathing afterwards :heehee:

rickie121x
07-12-2006, 09:40 AM
Home Waxing. Surgi-Wax is the best out there. doesn't leave razor burns or dark marks on your face or body, and new growth is thinner. I'd like to comment on the notion that "new growth is thinner" In my experiences, I have used hair removers, and waxing as well as plucking, and of course shaving.

We all know that shaving allows normal regrowth, but the regrown hairs have clean sharp cut ends - and where the hairs are thicker as on the face, can really feel rough. It is the same for me in the "private areas". I shave my privates for two reasons, one so that I can enjoy my bikini underwear and my look is not so "rustic". (I love the use of hair conditioner as a shave cream - and it's always available in my shower, and the bottles don't rust as shave cream cans do....) The other reason is that it is much cooler - I live in Las Vegas where it is really hot, and any improvement is wonderful!

Waxing: There was a time when I waxed my legs regularly - many years ago. The result was most of the hairs on my feet and lower legs eventually did not grow back. They seem to be permanently gone - and this is after 15-20 years after only about one year of waxing. Thigh area, not so much effect.... Another thing in my waxing experience, is that if the hair is not pulled out exactly with the "grain", it just barely tears the skin ever so slightly, and then leaves a tiny red spot like a razor burn...

Plucking: I love to pluck the hairs on my chest, one by one. Weird, but I seem to enjoy doing it - and have for about ten years. The hairs grow back the same as they were originally, just as strong and exactly the same. (Some more grey than before....) I tried this on my face in the cheek area - same results.

More plucking: Eyebrows, in the center area, they don't grow back. Mid and outer sections - normal recurrent growth.

The reason that many hair removers and waxing seem to result in finer hair regrowth is that after a hair is plucked from the root - regrowth begins a new hair and it starts at a very small diameter, so that as it emerges and is still fairly short it seems to be a finer hair. True for a short while... but after a week or so the root is operating normally and the diameter is back up to what it was originally.

Interesting, I have found that taking herbal hormones has changed the texure of the hairs on my body to somewhat finer, but no change on my face or chest.

That's my experience, Rickie

Siobhan Marie
07-12-2006, 10:43 AM
I use the combination of a Philips Bodygroom (see http://www.shaveeverywhere.com/ for more information) and a good disposable razor. For my legs and my arms I use the razor with shaving foam and on my body the razor dry but use E45 cream afterwards and the Bodygroom on the rest. Am getting my back and shoulders waxed as they are impossible to do.
Hope this helps you.

:hugs: Anna x

jennig
07-12-2006, 05:02 PM
hi I have done the shaving for years and then I started getting waxed thear is no comparisen it lasts wor weeks not hours in my case my chest hair is like a weed that never stops growing i only wish the hair on my head was so good
get waxed its so much better

love jennig0.02

Emma England
07-13-2006, 06:40 AM
hi I have done the shaving for years and then I started getting waxed thear is no comparisen it lasts wor weeks not hours in my case my chest hair is like a weed that never stops growing i only wish the hair on my head was so good
get waxed its so much better

love jennig0.02

I have heard adverts that say waxing on womens legs lasts for upto 6 weeks. Would the same apply to mens legs as well?

Its a nuisance having to shave every couple of days.

kay_jessica
07-13-2006, 09:00 AM
Emma, I've tried waxing, and yes it does last a lot longer than shaving, though that was a home wax not a pro one. My hair even grew back thinner. I does not last 6 weeks but i could get away with out worryeing to much about them for 3 or 4 weeks. Though this week I tried VEET and that left me so smooth, I think I'll use it again.

EmilyM
07-13-2006, 12:51 PM
I had my back and underarms waxed last week, iI had little red bumps and felt like a sunburn on my back for a couple of days, it has been one week now and the skin is pretty and smooth. I have an appointment for a leg wax on Monday.

Emily

Donna tv
07-13-2006, 04:05 PM
I have a couple of dressing up weekends coming up and have started this week shaving . Unfortunately I am unable to shave my entire legs, arm pits or chest hair simply because of letting the secret out. I have shaved my legs to my shorts level, my entire pubic area front and back. There is not so much as one hair from my waist to the top of my knee. I have used a combination of a Venus razor and the little Conair personal shaver and I am extremely smooth. I kind have been doing area's all week when I get in the shower. I have also been plucking my eyebrows a little everyday and they are now looking feminine but not quite totally crossing the line for getting caught. All this has left me feeling so good , fresh , clean and even my drab clothes feel so nice. My sensitivity level is extremely elevated. I cannot wait until Saturday to do my make up and toss my drab clothes away until next week. I have had my legs shaved for halloween a few times and could get away with it then , but I only imagine how awesome it would be to have the only hair on my body to be on top of my head and that is it. I did order the Bodygroomer shaver hopefully it is as nice has many have said

renee k
07-13-2006, 04:28 PM
Hi all,

I usually have my back, chest, arms and legs waxed, which lasts for about three to four weeks. Can't beat the SMOOTH skin. However there's a price, $200.00 at the salon I frequent. Not to mention the pain, but what the heck I've endured electrolysis. NO Pain, No Gain. LOL.

Renee

Kate Simmons
07-13-2006, 06:52 PM
Use a razor and yep, the same for those areas. Ericka

Michelle Ellis
07-13-2006, 07:44 PM
I would love to get a wax (I think hehe) but shaving is not as easy as I always thought, I really have to hand to the GG's out there. wow. I just carve myself up with a blade, too sensitive for any kind of creams or lotions, an epilator? :eek: oh my... I won't even go there.

I bought a top norelco mens razor a couple weeks ago (after posting my shaving thread), it has a sensitivity control, you can adjust the spring pressure on the heads. Made all the difference for me.

Now I'm just starting to adapt to the whole routine, and my legs, wow :) I'm in love, I don't think I'll ever be able to stop now that I've started. The private areas are doing awesome! :o when I look in a mirror now... OMG :) so happy.

M

27th Jennifer
07-13-2006, 08:04 PM
I use a Venus Divine razor and shave gel. My problem is that I tend to want toshave as soon as there is a little stubble, and I get razor rash. I use lots of lotion whether I shave or not. Any more tips to avoid the rash? Waxing and cream aren't options for me.

Rachel M
07-13-2006, 08:17 PM
I use caress body wash and Venus Razor. Nice...

Elena Ambasce
07-14-2006, 01:18 AM
I like to use my epilator (Emjoi Gently Gold Caress, corded) for it's longer-lasting effect where I can take the pain (lower legs and arms generally), but past that it's all just razor (Mach III, haven't tried any of the women's razors).

Have also tried Nair, with the same temporary irritation (reddening) of skin as others have described; this may be due to having to leave it on so long that it starts to dry (instructions say don't allow to dry). Results didn't seem to last significantly longer than shaving. Haven't tried Veet yet.

Have not tried waxing, sugaring or anything similar either at home or in a salon (with the exception that epilation is essentially the same idea just not pulling up huge swaths of hair at once)

I have a bad time with ingrown hairs no matter how I remove my hair. To no good effect I've tried a salicylic-acid containing toner afterwards on the theory that it's got the same main active ingredient as things like Tend Skin and MiN Solution 2 that supposedly help with this; may have to try the real things (but they're expensive!)

Really wish I could justify going on hormones if only to deal with the hair, but no GID so don't think any doctors would even consider it. Plus breasts would not exactly fit into my life right now...

GINA-CD
07-14-2006, 01:39 AM
I've also shaved my private parts and it feels wonderful. Sensitivity is enhanced by a factor of a million. Shaving with a regular blade in the shower using also conditioner...

I've done also plucking of my chest... it's too painful I think... maybe a cream would be a better idea.

Donna tv
07-14-2006, 03:14 PM
Just received my Body Groomer by Norelco today it needs to charge 8 hours but after 3 I just had to check it out and OMG! it is awesome my private parts will never see another hair.

rickie121x
07-17-2006, 10:05 AM
Does anyone have a notion on how to make some sort of razor extension device to help shave the hairs on ones back?

Even tho I have really stretched and strained, there is still a section in the middle of my back that I can't quite get to.

I love to wear a shoulder strap type chemise top and or dress, and it would be so nice to be shaved cleanly for that..... Unfortunately, I am living on retirement income and can't afford the cost of professional waxing.

Dressing on a budget.... Rickie

rickie121x
07-17-2006, 10:07 AM
Just received my Body Groomer by Norelco today it needs to charge 8 hours but after 3 I just had to check it out and OMG! it is awesome my private parts will never see another hair. OK: how did it work - can't wait to hear about your experience.

Is a body groomer an epilator or a shaver?

Rickie