PDA

View Full Version : Purse

noname
07-10-2006, 03:04 PM
Had a question about purses. I wanted to go out with a purse and I never try to pass. But then I got to thinking, I wonder if I would be questioned about it. For instance, has anyone been accused of stealing their purse? Also, as for going to the theather, I wonder if I will be treated like any other customer, or be searched for food, not that they search women that go in the theater.

Thanks

noname

CDsWifey GG
07-10-2006, 03:18 PM
I wouldn't think anyone would pay too much attention. My guy doesn't have to worry about it, he just always looks like he's carrying mine :heehee:

noname
07-10-2006, 03:29 PM
Yeah, but if your by yourself. Has anyone seen pirates of the caribbean? I haven't been able to get in all weekend long, every single show sold out.

Karren H
07-10-2006, 03:30 PM
Nope. Never. Been carrying a purse for years out and a bout and no one has ever questioned who's it was!! Been to many movies enfemme, too!

They check for food at the theaters?? Why? Might sneak in something healthy? Hehehe.

Attention!! Please drop that Carrot and step away from the purse!! :D

Love Karren

JoAnnDallas
07-10-2006, 03:32 PM
I have seen a couple of males carry what I would have called a purse. I did notice that they got an occasion glance, but that was it. I have a ladies billfold that I use a lot. Most people think it is an orgainizer. I found it at Khols on day. I was looking at them and I mention to another customer that I could not decide between the Red one or the Blue one. She asked what my wife's color was. I told her it was for me not my wife. She stared at me for a moment and then said that the color Red suited me. I thanked her and bought the Red one. LOL

GG Vanya
07-10-2006, 04:31 PM
For several years now, men have been carrying "Day Runners" or daily planners. Some of them look very much like a purse, with side pockets for cell phones, etc.

There are even male purses available on the market, though they don't look very femme. LOL they look more like the pouch I carry for black powder, ball starter, patches & bullets etc. when I'm deer hunting with a "smoke pole".

JasmineR
07-10-2006, 04:37 PM
If you are sticking things in your purse while shopping, like clothes, make up, you know... somebody MIGHT get suspicious. Other than that you should be fine.

Make sure you shoes and bag match before leaving the house, lol!!

noname
07-10-2006, 10:39 PM
"If you are sticking things in your purse while shopping, like clothes, make up, you know"

Never stole nothing ever. Not about to start.

"Make sure you shoes and bag match before leaving the house, lol!!"

I'm usually pretty fashion conscience, but that never occured to me. Thanks

Stephenie S
07-10-2006, 11:05 PM
For a month of so I have been carrying a "bag" to work. I used to put all my stuff in an old computer bag that came with my first Gateway laptop. There was enough room for my medical reference books and everything else I needed at work. It was black and very boring.

Then my wife gave me a PDA for Christmas and suddenly I could carry volumes of reference material in my pocket. So I got out a nice bag that we got on vacation. It's not a purse, but it is smaller and prettier than a computer bag. Has a design on the outside and much shorter straps. So I am carrying that. Lots of people at work call it a purse. Several have tried to tease me a little by complimenting me on my "new purse". I just say, "thank you". They get over it.

I am much happier carrying this. It's pretty and light and feels more feminine.
I don't put my money in it though because it really is a bag and has no closure at the top.

I also carry it to the store if I am shopping in drab for Stephenie because I can put my forms and bra in it and put them on in the dressing room to check for proper fit.

Lovies,
Stephenie