PDA

View Full Version : Accelerated Hair Growth? (on the scalp of course!)

Vallari
12-02-2004, 02:11 AM
Well I decided Im going to go for real shoulder length hair! :o I want to let my hair grow out but I don't wanna wait forever for it to do so.
Ive heard from several GG's that PANTINE PRO-V shampoo works the best.
I know it takes time and I intend to stick with it, but does anyone know of any other tips or tricks to help hair grow at least a teeny bit faster?

Tamara Croft
12-02-2004, 03:30 AM
OMG

If you knew what that stuff DID to your hair you would think twice about using it!!!!!! We did some tests on that shampoo and the results were aweful. The shampoo actually coats your hair with sillicon to give it that nice shiney effect. What you don't realise is that under that coating your hair is rotting away :( I personally use Elvive which is great for my hair and I have been using that for about 3 years now.

Just my 2p worth :p

Everyones hair is different though. Hair usually grows about half an inch every month. But some hair will get to a stage and will not grow any further. Doesn't matter what you use, its just the way hair is. My advice is go to a good hair dresser and get some profesional advice :)

Tamara x

So much for getting some sleep..... wait....... is that my bed shouting..... :p

melody
12-02-2004, 03:35 AM
Sorry to hijack to post for a second, but is that L'oreal Elvive? Does it work differently?

Tamara Croft
12-02-2004, 03:45 AM
It's the same thing :) I dye my hair a lot and I mean like every few weeks. It's the only shampoo I have found over the years (and I've tried loads) that works wonders with my hair.

Tamara x

Vallari
12-02-2004, 04:02 AM
Hmm thanks for the advice Tamara. Ill have to do some research on the shampoos i guess. Im seriously thinking about seeing the hair dresser and going from there.

Lily_gg
12-02-2004, 05:37 AM
When it comes to shampoos (and conditioners, if you're going to have long hair, make sure you condition it too!), it really is horses for courses, which means trying loads until you find one you love I'm afraid. It's a whole combination of things - the type of hair you have, whether you're in a hard or soft water area, what the air is like (dry, humid, air conditioned, central heating etc)... I think I've tried L'Oreal, and it was quite nice - I tend to buy a different shampoo every time, partly through wanting a change, partly because apparently your scalp benefits from a change now and then.

I'm currently using Tigi Bedhead 'Dumb Blonde' because I love the name and packaging (shiny!) - I'm not blond, but I do dye, and it's kinda for coloured hair (although touch expensive, normally use stuff like the L'Oreal). As a really special treat, I have expensive Wella System Professional colour protect shampoo & 30sec conditioner, which are absolutely gorgeous, but I can't justify using every wash at that price! But not all expensive ones are good - I tried Clinique hair stuff (and I'm utterly addicted to all of their face, skin, make-up stuff - Clinique freak! :p), and it really didn't do anything for me.

As far as growing your hair - be healthy! My hair has always grown really quickly - I drink tons of water (don't really like tea or coffee, so glug water instead - can't booze at work :D), have a varied diet and also take multi-vitamins and cod liver oil pills, just in case I don't eat enough different stuff, exercise regularly; basically anything that'll keep your circulation healthy as hair relies on that. Oh, and scalp massage when you wash your hair is also good for the circulation. Plus an unhealthily insatiable sex drive :p :p (sorry, drunk!)

Tamara Croft
12-02-2004, 06:05 AM
Talking about shampoo packaging...... I saw this at tescos and I actually didn't care what the shampoo and conditioner was like, it was the packaging that got my attention!!!!!! Now I know this is a boots link, but you have to register on tescos website to see their beauty section.

http://tinyurl.com/5fwmc

I did however try the shampoo and conditioner and its PANTS!!! Made my hair feel like straw :(

Tamara x

Sharon
12-02-2004, 12:47 PM
Tamara!!! :eek:

Tamara Croft
12-02-2004, 03:14 PM
:eek: *blushes* :p

Lily_gg
12-03-2004, 06:50 AM
*giggles*

I bought that when I was at uni - completely freaked my male housemates out :D

It really wasn't that great though :(

Never mind, I have nice shiny bottles now :D

Trinity_cat
12-03-2004, 07:34 AM
aw well, hair today gone Tamara :p

Celeste GG
12-03-2004, 09:31 PM
When I was pregnant, my hair stopped growing,went very fine and started falling out.

Diet and increase of water intake are very important. as hair growth and condition starts from the inside.

These are the tips the hairdresser gave me:

1. brush and massage scalp to get circulation going and stimulate roots of the hair.

2. Evening primrose and rosemary oil hair treatment. Evening primrose also has some hormone effect and helps give a boost to female hormone production.

3. boost the collogen in the hair by taking collogen tablets or Kerstase has a product which I know from experience works. "Intervention antichute" (french) with Aminexil. Worked better than the "Regain" hair growth product I also tried. But is not cheap!

Most shampoos are BAD for your hair. Those with sodium Laurel sulphate in the ingredients.

Hope this helps

Celeste

Tamara Croft
12-06-2004, 12:22 AM
You know Trinity it's funny you should say that.... I often used to say 'cya tamara' instead of tomorrow.... that's where I got my name from :)

Tamara x

P.S. Lily that shampoo really is pants.... but I'm keeping the bottles... they might just come in handy :p

P.P.S Sodium Laurel Sulphate is a well know cause for a lot of skin allergies... the producers of this stuff need a good kick up the backside. I'll get my list of bad ingrediants out later on and post them.... you will probably throw away half your skin creams :eek: