PDA

View Full Version : Help

chloe
12-02-2004, 03:36 AM
I'm having a moral dilema.. Im a receptionist at a hotel and usualy work nights. About a week ago a bag of clothes was found in a room. At first they thought it was accidently left behind, but its looking more and more like it was left on purpose.
Its been there about a week, with a little note attached . Last night I had a llittle peek through it..Its full of so many nice things... Theres a beautiful peach lacy bra that looks like it would fit me a treat and matching panties.... thers a fantastic cardie in there too, and more silk panties.....theres a wonreful skirt and a nice simple white blouse aswell....... Its sooooooooooooo tempting ... I realy want to take some things..... What would you do? Maybe they've already done an inventry of it ( but I dont think so). i'd hate to get busted at work for being a pantie theif!!!!!
PS..Theres a box full of spare uniforms in my office too, no one ever checks it. I'd so love one of the short black skirts and little blouses the girls wear.. The thing is working nights, I'm the only one in .. it would be really easy to take.. It would be really thrilling dressing like all the girls dress at work.. That uniform would go sooooo well with my new tights too...... Aaaarrrrrggghhhhh... what to do girls???? I'm not a theif

Vallari
12-02-2004, 04:47 AM
Just joking! :) Your probably better off leaving them. I think the hardest thing to do is usually the right thing (not being cynical). :o

Amelie
12-02-2004, 06:33 AM
Just joking! :) Your probably better off leaving them. I think the hardest thing to do is usually the right thing (not being cynical). :o

Same here. Leave them alone, they are not yours. You could get in trouble. It might even be a sting, to see if employees are honest.
You have a job as a receptionist, it's best if you buy your own clothes.
Amelie

Sharon
12-02-2004, 12:41 PM
Same here. Leave them alone, they are not yours. You could get in trouble. It might even be a sting, to see if employees are honest.
You have a job as a receptionist, it's best if you buy your own clothes.
Amelie

Chloe,
I also fall in on the "honesty is the best policy" side of the debate.
Why not inquire about being able to take the clothing after whatever holding period they have for forgotten items? You could always say that they would fit a girlfriend or relative.
Otherwise, just buy your own!
Sharon

Vivian Best
12-02-2004, 12:50 PM
Chloe,

Don't do it! Leave the stuff there, don't get yourself in trouble for a moment of excitement. Who is responsible for disposing of things like that? Are you?
Are you in a position to take responsibility for disposing of them? If you can take the responsibility, send out a note saying if they aren't claimed by a certain date you will dispose of them. Then, you can do with them as you please.

Vivian

Julie
12-02-2004, 12:59 PM
Chloe, there must be a lost property policy at the hotel where things are kept for a certain period. What normally happens to stuff after this time period?

No way should you attempt to take any of this stuff even though the temptation is getting to you. As already mentioned this could be a sting to check the honesty of staff, if it isn't and this is genuine lost property you might get an opportunity to remove it once the required period of time has lapsed.

JJ

MonaSmith
12-02-2004, 01:22 PM
Is even the cutest skirt worth losing your job over? If so, then go for it.

Alternatively go out and buy yourself something cute, and every time you wear it remember that you are a person who isn't controlled by your urges but one that really enjoys indulging them sometimes.

Retail therapy is the best medicine.

DonnaT
12-02-2004, 01:36 PM
They were probably left by a CD trying to purge. If the hotel has tried to contact the person, and no response has been received after a reasonable time (month?), then ask management if they would like you to dispose of them. After all, they are cluttering up the place ;)

As for the uniforms, you should have thought about those during halloween. You Know? Well, there's always next year!

Stephanie Brooks
12-02-2004, 01:47 PM
If they're not yours, then they don't exist. Leave them.

chloe
12-02-2004, 03:01 PM
thanks.. you're all soooooooooo right, it was just a little bit tempting. I wrote that just after work... I've never stolen anything ever... The bag of uniform had been there for 5 mts so that defenitly wasnt a sting, but your all right......Cheers....... Chloe xxxx

Stephanie Brooks
12-02-2004, 03:07 PM
thanks.. you're all soooooooooo right, it was just a little bit tempting. I wrote that just after work... I've never stolen anything ever... The bag of uniform had been there for 5 mts so that defenitly wasnt a sting, but your all right......Cheers....... Chloe xxxx
:D :D :D

Laura Jane
12-02-2004, 06:18 PM
.... About a week ago a bag of clothes was found in a room...... Its been there about a week, with a little note attached ........ Its sooooooooooooo tempting ... I realy want to take some things..... What would you do? ....... I'm not a theif

I must be in the minority here!

Taking the uniform would be stealing from your employer and a dangerous road. One skirt isn't worth losing your job and good name over.

However lost property or even 'dumped' property has always been a perk of certain jobs from time inmemorial. If they remain unclaimed, I don't see why shouldn't you take them for yourself, either officially or on the quiet.

Short of 'stealing' them, there really isn't anything to stop you trying them on!

chloe
12-03-2004, 05:15 AM
this is quite unbelivabe..Yesterday, probebly as I was typing this post, and over a week since the said bag was left, the woman phoned up to reclaim the clothes. I'm so glad I listend to my head ( and you lot) and not my heart!! She did the right thing too, she had such good taste...
I aint no tea leaf..ok!!! hehehe
Chloe x

Stephanie Brooks
12-03-2004, 08:25 AM
Chloe,

You did well!!!! :D