PDA

View Full Version : Let's be honest !

Matty
07-11-2006, 01:31 PM
Let's be honest....apart from the "pre, post & non-op" aren't we just a bunch of guys wearing dresses !

Gaby
07-11-2006, 01:36 PM
Not true... some of us like wearing skirts and cute tops.

So, the question is... Your point?

See, the big problem here is that even though that in the basics you may be right, there is a lot of people in here who is in fact transgendered (I'm sure you have heard the word before) and for them, your statement may be totally erroneous, even offensive.

Personally... I don't care much, since I know very well who I am, and it doesn't depend on what other people may have to say about it...

Gaby

loki_uk
07-11-2006, 01:37 PM
Hmmm I still think it's more than that, in bloke mode I'm having to think bloke and not do anything girly, and when dressed up have to remember to keep my knees together sitting down etc

Unless it's just a fetish thing, more of your mind must be feminine than normal thus we're not just a bloke in a dress, inside we're still different.

Shelly Preston
07-11-2006, 01:49 PM
Let's be honest....apart from the "pre, post & non-op" aren't we just a bunch of guys wearing dresses !

If only it was that simple.

Have you considered the reasons behind why we wear dresses etc.
I am sure you could ask everyone and get a different answer each time.
How many times have you heard "I tried to stop but can't"
It has cost people their marriage and in some cases their childen too

We are all similar, but I am sure we are not the the same.

Some here may find your remarks a little insulting.

GG Vanya
07-11-2006, 01:51 PM

No way...Trudi isn't just a guy wearing a dress...She's MY guy...with whom I am so in love it's pathetic!

If CDs were "just a bunch of guys wearing dresses" I could have fallen in love with any number of them. I didn't, and I'm thankful EVERY day that I married the best one in the world!

Sandra
07-11-2006, 01:52 PM

Answer your own statement "are you a guy wearing a dress"?

Sandra
07-11-2006, 01:54 PM
No way...Trudi isn't just a guy wearing a dress...She's MY guy...with whom I am so in love it's pathetic!

If CDs were "just a bunch of guys wearing dresses" I could have fallen in love with any number of them. I didn't, and I'm thankful EVERY day that I married the best one in the world!

Err I beg to differ Nigella is !!!! :love: :)

Nike
07-11-2006, 02:00 PM
On the most basic level, we are indeed all "guys in dresses/skirts", because we are of the male sex. But that doesn't begin to address the "why". Being transgendered on whatever level has with it other issues. Some of us are mostly masculine, a little feminine, some are equally feminine and masculine and others are mostly feminine with some masculine.

There are numerous theories on why we do what we do, but ultimately, self acceptance is the key to sanity and inner peace.

I adore femininity, I emulate feminine ladies and I am both masculine and feminine equally in my soul.

Karren H
07-11-2006, 02:01 PM

Isn't that obvious....Hence the name Crossdressing!! Except for those that wear fem jeans!! Who knows what they are doing? :D

Love Karren

Marla S
07-11-2006, 02:03 PM
No.

We are a bunch, we are guys, we wear dresses, but the sum is more than its pieces. I admit though, it could be less than we think.

GG Vanya
07-11-2006, 02:11 PM

LOL Sandra, wanna act all guy like and :Punch: it out??

Nahhhh our "guys in a dress" would enjoy that WAY too much!

But yanno, I agree with ya...Nigella IS the BEST....for you!

And Trudi is the BEST...for me!
:D
Just as it SHOULD be. :love:

OK I'll hush now before we make everyone :puke: :D

Breanne
07-11-2006, 02:15 PM
On a strictly superficial level, you are absolutely right. But most of us, you too, I presume, are much more than what's evident on a superficial level. For example, there's the whole emotional level to consider. The other responses have covered that well.

noname
07-11-2006, 02:23 PM
"Except for those that wear fem jeans!! Who knows what they are doing?"

What are you talking about? I bought some jeans yesterday because they simply don't make fashionable jeans for men. Mens fashion for the last 15 years has been baggy, long and oversized.

Calliope
07-11-2006, 02:29 PM

When you discount identity and behavior ... yes yes yes - a size 6.

carol ann
07-11-2006, 03:04 PM
If it was just about wearing a dress I would give up tomorrow.

No, its the whole emotional, pshycological feeling of identifying with the female gender and, it has to be admitted it is a sexual thing as well.

i am certainly fully hetrosexual and find an attractive girl the most wonderful thing in the world and therefoe would not want to be a girl fulltime. However, when I do dress, make up or think about dressing or go shopping for feminine things, I get a very special feeling that is very exciting and at the same time relaxing and peaceful.

Sarah Rabbit
07-11-2006, 03:24 PM
I married the best one in the world!

Actually you are both wrong..My Babe is the BEST..LOL

But yanno, I agree with ya...Nigella IS the BEST....for you!

And Trudi is the BEST...for me!
:D
Just as it SHOULD be. :love:

Vanya.. you are a great Diplomat..Hugs

Sarah R. :bunny:

Sarah Rabbit
07-11-2006, 03:32 PM
Sorry Matty. I must disagree..For you and others it may be guys wearing dresses..Why a Guy would wear a dress when he does not need to, and why someone like me does because I have to could probably be best explained by the 'Gene Spectrum' theory.. i.e. XX on one end Xy on the other end and where you land in between determines your view on the subject..Sorry about the simplistic explaination of it, but I prefer to keep it short and sweet.

ava_bruna
07-11-2006, 04:10 PM
SOOoooo????

dancer1
07-11-2006, 04:32 PM
If victorias secret endorses it, i buy it , if i happen to look good in it, all the better.:hugs: Nadeen

SherriePall
07-11-2006, 05:41 PM
Matty -- If only it were that simple. If only the compartments on the gender line were so nicely separated and defined. If only we didn't feel one way some days and another on other days. There are days I wonder why I don't just chuck it all and make the transition (then I would fit into a nice little box). But there are other days I wonder what I am doing sitting here wearing lace panties and pantyhose and oftentimes a bra under my male clothes. So, are we all men wearing dresses if we don't fall under the three categories you named? Only if there were only those three nice and neat categories for us to fall into.
Now that I have confused everyone, including myself, I will stop here.

Karren H
07-11-2006, 05:42 PM
"Except for those that wear fem jeans!! Who knows what they are doing?"

What are you talking about? I bought some jeans yesterday because they simply don't make fashionable jeans for men. Mens fashion for the last 15 years has been baggy, long and oversized.

Hmmmmm don't ever remember using fashion and jeans in the same sentence before! Ohhh. Yeah I did. There was a NOT and a NEVER in there somewhere. :D. Don't see Stacy from "What Not to Wear" in jeans. Ok maybe but I don't watch those episodes!!

Love Karren

dann
07-11-2006, 05:53 PM
I think it's down to each his/her own opinion. As my macho male front further disolves with time, I find I feel like a different breed than the average guy.Not just becuase I like to dress like a women sometimes, but becuase I'm beginnging to embrace my femininity even while i'm not cding. Instead of hiding it away becuase I'm afraid someone might figure it out. I guess I'd phrase it as "aren't we just a bunch of people wearing dresses? Don't we have just as much right to wear a dress as anyone else?"

Dann

pinkshelly
07-11-2006, 07:40 PM
Like what was said before; at one end you have XX the other end you have XY. All inbetween are we. Some dress around the house, some dress all the time. Some like women some like men. Some like to ride around in really tall trucks, cause there wee wees are really small. some want it cut off some don't. some want boobs, some don't. some men like men and don't come anywhere near a dress. some women like women and don't come anywhere near a dress.
I on the other hand am insane.
Huggs, Shelly.

Jazmine Star
07-11-2006, 07:48 PM

Well its far beyond "just wearing dresses". Its the psychological effect of it.

Whats "sex", other than just sticking your dealy in somewhere and orgasming? The physical act isn't really remarkable or anything - but its the psychological effect of it - thats the thing.

Karri M
07-11-2006, 07:50 PM
Hi all,

Uh, Matty, let's be really, really honest, here:

Apart from the "pre, post & non-op," aren't we just a bunch of gals "stuck" in the bodies of guys wearing dresses?

:p

Love,
CJ

Stormgirl
07-11-2006, 07:51 PM

pretty much

KateW
07-11-2006, 09:32 PM
Firstly, I don't own a dress. Secondly, if we weren't guys, we wouldn't be known as crossdressers! Thirdly, what other catagories are there other then "pre, post & non-op"? During op? Co-op?

So in answer to your question... huh?

Matty
07-11-2006, 09:36 PM
Well a interesting response to a simple question. Only a small few truely understood it.

"DayTripper" When you discount identity and behavior ... yes yes yes - a size 6.

Originally Posted by Matty

So let's break it into two parts,

#1 Are we guys "male" Yes

#2 Do we wear dresses Yes

I'm not talking about the psychological effect of it or the 'Gene Spectrum' theory. Not even talking about the many reasons behind why we wear dresses or what makes us all tick. simply we are guys & we wear dresses.

So if you are offended "sorry" but you didn't understand the question

"Gaby" your statement may be totally erroneous, even offensive.

"Shelly_P" Some here may find your remarks a little insulting.

Regards
Matty
PS...And "fem" jeans for Karren Hutton sake. lol

JasmineR
07-11-2006, 09:38 PM
Ok, I don't think we are just "men in a dresses," unless that is of course what you consider yourself. If you live life as a guy and wear a dress from time to time than maybe yes, but most of us crossdressers on this forum are men who feel the need to express themselves in a feminine way. For instance, I wear more than a dress, I wear everything from wig to heels. Not everyday of course but even if not dressed I still have a feminine feel inside myself.

Charleen
07-11-2006, 09:42 PM
Hi Girls, To put it simply, at least for me, there is male, there is female, and I fit in between. I would'nt have it any other way. BTW Karren, I got a new pair of size 14 jeans today and they fit better than any guy jeans I ever owned, and can wear them any time. If I remember correctly, you said that you wear clear mascara to feel more fem ( I do too) so what's the beef with jeans? For me , Femme's femme. Love and xxxx, Lily

Gaby
07-11-2006, 10:10 PM
I guess that I really missed the question. Maybe because there was not a single question mark in your original statement?

Anyway, yes, in a crossdressers forum, the technical answer would be most likely yes, we are. You knew that, we all knew that. That's why I was asking what your point was? But frankly, now I really don't care that much. :D

And I will not even attempt to understand why you so cleverly used quotation marks for our names, or to say "sorry". May be beyond my understanding.

Gaby

Sarah Rabbit
07-11-2006, 10:20 PM
Hi all,

Uh, Matty, let's be really, really honest, here:

Apart from the "pre, post & non-op," aren't we just a bunch of gals "stuck" in the bodies of guys wearing dresses?

:p

Love,
CJ :yt: I wish I said that!!

Sally24
07-12-2006, 05:38 AM
Some are, some aren't. For many of us, it's as much a mental thing as it is the physicality of wearing female clothing.

Kate Simmons
07-12-2006, 05:46 AM
We're who we are period. Being a guy or girl notwithstanding. I'm a person and my name is Ericka. End of story. Ericka Kay Richards

LindaTS
07-12-2006, 09:24 AM
I consider myself to be a woman. The only thing stopping me from being a full time woman is issuses with medical insurance. Oh yeah, I'm also a woman, and this makes me happy.

LaceyDee
07-12-2006, 10:38 AM

Well............that sounds so simple!! I am cured! I am cured! Thankyou Jesus!!

Jazmine Star
07-12-2006, 12:17 PM
Well............that sounds so simple!! I am cured! I am cured! Thankyou Jesus!!

Don't forget to also thank the Jewish God and Tom Cruise!

(see the trailer for Talladega Nights to get this joke)

Toyah
07-12-2006, 04:17 PM

Dammit caught out again yep spot on hun

Ms. Donna
07-12-2006, 04:35 PM
I'm not talking about the psychological effect of it or the 'Gene Spectrum' theory. Not even talking about the many reasons behind why we wear dresses or what makes us all tick. simply we are guys & we wear dresses.
You want to discount the reasons for and effects of crossdressing...

And the point of your statement is???

Having a penis no more makes you a 'guy' than a lack thereof makes you a 'girl'. Pay a visit across the hall to the F2M section and ask how many of them are 'really' just girls in boxers. We here on this side of the hall are not 'just guys'. Perhaps you are - perhaps others are - but you can not make a blanket statement such as this based only on genital morphology.

So, other than to be insulting to those of us here who - dispite being male - do not identify as 'guys', what is is you are looking to get at here?

Some color please.

Love & Stuff,
Donna

Teresa Amina
07-12-2006, 07:17 PM
If all you are is a bipedal product of evolution, a fleshy automaton reacting to mere material reality then, yes, I guess you are just a guy in a dress. But I think you need to look a little deeper at life. There's a lot more going on than biology, hormonal influences in the womb, etc. etc. ad nausem.

Bernadina
07-12-2006, 08:20 PM

Funny you should mention that.

Was at a transgendered barbeque the other weekend where about half the people were crossdressed.

For no apparent reason, while I was taking a mouthful of cider, it struck me as being very funny that us guys were sitting around dressed as girls. I almost choked to death trying to swallow and laugh at the same time.

Tamara Croft
07-12-2006, 09:16 PM
Let's be honest....apart from the "pre, post & non-op" aren't we just a bunch of guys wearing dresses !If you are just a guy in a dress, then why are you wearing a wig and make-up in your profile picture? Kinda defeats the object of being just a guy in a dress doesn't it?

'apart from 'pre, post and non-op'... that rules out everyone doesn't it? because if you're non op, wouldn't you just be a guy in a dress?? your words, NOT mine.....

I'll be honest shall I? I think this question was lame :thumbsdn: :thumbsdn:

KELLYANN
07-12-2006, 09:39 PM
WELL MATTY, YOU JUST MAY BE A GUY IN A DRESS. but i would not go tauntin it around town! if you just wanna throw on a dress and run around, thats fine. some, i think most of us here, feel are femme side, and prefer to have nice makeup, are nails done, wig neet and styled, high heels the walk, the talk, the mannerisms etc. JUST THROW ON A DRESS/ I DON'T THINK SO! 0.02

Karinna
07-12-2006, 10:15 PM
I like this hot thread burning from a 100% technical affirmation. Sometimes, i don't want to be honest with myself, precisely i lie to myself and that's making me happy. The truth is too hard to swallow.

Dee 1062
07-12-2006, 10:33 PM
Maybe you are....I am woman..!
Traped in a males body in which I am working it out:)