PDA

View Full Version : Dressing -v- Acting

annekathleen
07-11-2006, 04:59 PM
Some of us enjoy "dressing" like a woman
Some of us enjoy "acting" like a woman

...just an interesting observation,
i just hope I dont get my eyes clawed out.

maybe this can open up into an interesting discussion.:D

Matty
07-11-2006, 05:14 PM
Good question, I'm sure you won't get your eye's clawed out.

I think when you dress like a woman you would tend to act like a woman.

Karren H
07-11-2006, 05:26 PM
I think when you dress like a woman you would tend to act like a woman.

I agree with Matty!! All guy in male mode, all fem in girl mode!! Best of both genders...when and where ever I want!!

Ohhh as far as the eye sctraching..its in the rules!! And it only hurts for a little while. Hehehe

Love Karren

SherriePall
07-11-2006, 05:28 PM
I try to "become" a woman as much as possible when dressing by "acting" like one as best as I can. When I think I have done it well than I enjoy it more.

Joy Carter
07-11-2006, 05:30 PM
:doll: I'm one to not only dress but act as a lady as well.

Bernice
07-11-2006, 09:53 PM
Having never been a woman, I can't really know if I act (and/or react) like a woman. I do however, try to act as I think a lady might act (based on personal experience, from my perspective as a male). Often I attempt this regardless of what I am wearing or not wearing or where I am or with whom. Still, people of both genders and sexes manage to amaze me with the way they act or react, both good and bad.

Then too, I have a thing about acting, versus being genuine. So, unless I'm on stage (haven't been since elementary school) I try to be genuine, instead of acting.

Cherry Lynn
07-11-2006, 09:56 PM
I try to "become" a woman as much as possible when dressing by "acting" like one as best as I can. When I think I have done it well than I enjoy it more.
My feelings exactly.

Calliope
07-11-2006, 09:58 PM
It's pretty connected for me. I would say I 'acted like a woman' no matter what my clothes are at any given moment.

JasmineR
07-11-2006, 10:08 PM
If I claw your eyes it will be purely accidental. No, it is a good question.

I would have to say I do both. I "act" like a woman while dressed, not just because it's best when out but because it feels right. I also enjoy "dressing" like a woman for the clothing.

Not meant to be stereotypical but most guys that "act" like women but don't dress are flamboyantly gay!!

Julogden
07-11-2006, 10:35 PM
Some of us enjoy "dressing" like a woman
Some of us enjoy "acting" like a woman

...just an interesting observation,
i just hope I dont get my eyes clawed out.

maybe this can open up into an interesting discussion.:D
Well, for me, behaving in a overtly masculine manner is acting, something I learned to do when very young to avoid being punished, rejected or ridiculed. After decades of practice, I'm pretty good at it, but it isn't the real me.

I wear men's clothes most of the time, but I don't like them, just wear them to avoid upsetting people. I buy mens clothes only when I have to, and have no enthusiasm for wearing them. I tend toward jeans and t-shirts, which nowadays, are sort of unisex.

If I didn't have kids and wasn't so big (6'5" in my stocking feet), I would have taken a shot at living full-time as a woman long before now, as I really feel that I'd be way happier that way.

Carol

Charleen
07-11-2006, 10:56 PM
For me having both in me at all times, depending on the situation, either Lily or Charlie will handle it. Lily most of the time even when in drab. I'm schitzo. No I'm not. Yes I am. NO, I'M NOT! And today, I wouldn't have it any other way. Love and xxx, Lily P.S. I will scratch eyes out, but only for a good reason, and this ain't one of them.

Tracy_Victoria
07-12-2006, 02:46 AM
What a Interesting post, and observation!

and to be totally honest I can't decide which. I love to dress fem, and look the part, but there is also a major element of an act here, and I've always considered myself more a female impersonator, than just a transvestite, or crossdresser! Now don't read in to that that i want big hair, long fake eyelashes, and to do a drag show. What I mean is I love to look the part, and play the part as well. (the best example I can give is Karren, ie she want to live the role to the full, but when over it's over and back to male mode so to speak!)

To me it really is a light camera action moment, ie the costume and make up go on, and then you step in to the role, which is appearing on a 360 degree stage (if you can pass out dressed!) so yep it has to be be both i suppose, ie full costume, and full act to go with it.

Kate Simmons
07-12-2006, 06:06 AM
Don't know about all of you guys/girls but I dress/act like myself. Ericka:happy:

Kimberly
07-12-2006, 07:13 AM
My presonality is beginning to murge. I'm not all out guy in drab - and I do tend to be more feminine in girl mode, but this is for an intended effect: to look more feminine. I think it is rooted in a deepdown desire to be female, but I'm quite happy "playing" the part from time to time.

The question is this, really. Do you "play" the part of a woman whilst dressed or is it a feeling of "being" a woman when you are dressed. That's what really has to be addressed here.

myMichelle
07-12-2006, 07:51 AM
Don't know about all of you guys/girls but I dress/act like myself. Ericka:happy:

I totally agree with Ericka on this one. I've never really thought about it, but I just act like myself--whether crossdressed or not. If (While crossdressed) the rest of the world "reads" me as a guy in a skirt, I don't care because I'm still just being me. No acting involved. For me, being true to myself is the most important part of what I do.

Eugenie
07-12-2006, 07:54 AM
I'm trying my best at acting as a women when I dresss like one and sometimes even when I'm in drab...

:hugs:
Eugenie

TVStevie
07-12-2006, 08:40 AM
I'm exactly the same. I dress/act like Ericka. :D

Ok, that was a jocular remark, but I do agree with the original sentiment. I don't act any differently when crossdressed than when I'm not; it's just not me.

Marla
07-12-2006, 08:57 AM
When Im dressed as Marla it would be impossible not to act femme.

tekla west
07-12-2006, 01:43 PM
I'm pretty much the same either way. I try not to let it become a split life deal. My clothes are very soft and fem regardless of which gender line I'm pushing - or else they are sans-gender. Birkenstocks and Teva sandals are the same for men or women, the steel-toe work boots I wear are the same ones the girls wear when they need to.

I'm always in "mom-mode," I'm always being Suzie Homemaker, the engineer/organizational sections of my mind are always on, the professor always has a lecture at hand to deliver because when I'm insisting on things being done my way, I want them to know why (for example: why it is that when working with bolts and nuts you ALWAYS tighten the nut, never the bolt).

The method, manner, vocabulary, and syntax for my speech is the same, as is my taste in music, art, and food. My politics are the same, I'm not a militaristic man and a "Code Pink" girl, I'm Code Pink all the time

Either way I'm extremely polite to people I'm speaking with, and ruthless when I write. Seems to me, we only have one life to live, and I try to keep all that together and live my life on the terms that work best for me - those terms are not dependent on gender, or clothing, or makeup. They depend on values, spiritual insights, intellect, and outlook, all of which are consistent, not transitory.

I do know a few Dr. Jeckel and Ms. Hyde types, I never quite got how they parse all that out.